Bills @ Bucs talk

letsgoteam

15 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Football Outsiders has us currently ranked 1st in the NFL for defense, and 3rd in total DVOA.

Other than that, you're right, we suck.

Yes I'm sure they do. And if they play Mike White or Jacob Brissett every week I'm sure they will stay #1.  #1 defense gave up 200+ rushing yards when they knew they were running the ball. 

Let's see what Tampa does to them.

15 minutes ago, Muppy said:

Unless its Not.

This team could win out the season or "u know what" the bed. I vote optimism until Proven otherwise.  Seeing how they respond in this game is crucial ..

I better not see a glib  performance... show some heart..they surely did last game and still managed to lose. I need the blue pill for that pats* game and I think the Bills need the exact opposite. Show up and show OUT  Men  DONT BE EMBARRASSED AGAIN.........smh jerrah sullivan ftw  @-@

to gain or not gain advantage and toughness in 6 days time...yikes.  *shrug*

dial up a game plan to win this danged game and PLEASE protect #17 at the very least fcol...Frazier....Daboll?....taptaptaptaptap

/vent 

Love the optimism.  I hope they win and Allen can carry the team if needed.

If they are going to lose I hope it is another embarrassing loss so we can really see what McD does when the pressure gets even more intense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I love the optimism.. I will say this if they get down early by a couple scores.. the game will get ugly, and I see the Bills doing stupid undisciplined things.. I could be wrong but that’s what I THINK will happen.

You feel this way because you think we’re going to lose and doing stupid undisciplined things is the reason we’ve lost 4 games this year.  We continuously beat ourselves.  The Patriot game included.  

I think we’ll win this game if we don’t kill ourselves with stupid mistakes .

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Muppy said:

Unless its Not.

This team could win out the season or "u know what" the bed. I vote optimism until Proven otherwise.  Seeing how they respond in this game is crucial ..

I better not see a glib  performance... show some heart..they surely did last game and still managed to lose. I need the blue pill for that pats* game and I think the Bills need the exact opposite. Show up and show OUT  Men  DONT BE EMBARRASSED AGAIN.........smh jerrah sullivan ftw  @-@

to gain or not gain advantage and toughness in 6 days time...yikes.  *shrug*

dial up a game plan to win this danged game and PLEASE protect #17 at the very least fcol...Frazier....Daboll?....taptaptaptaptap

/vent 

And that's absolutely fine.

However what I have seen this year from this team tells me that we are in for more of the same. This team....there is something really off about it from last season and even the year before. This doesn't seem like the same group of guys that hit the field and played for the guy next to them. 

I don't know if it's just a change in attitudes being a preseason favorite or if there is some levels of disconnect with the players in the locker room or something completely different. But this looks way more like a team that is about to go off the rails than a team that will pull together and play with heart.

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You feel this way because you think we’re going to lose and doing stupid undisciplined things is the reason we’ve lost 4 games this year.  We continuously beat ourselves.  The Patriot game included.  

I think we’ll win this game if we don’t kill ourselves with stupid mistakes .

That's certainly a part of our losses: 4 fumbles (1 lost) and blocked punt  against Pitts;  stupid pre-and post-snap penalties, 2 INT and a fumble against Jax; penalties, 3 picks, and a fumble against the Colts; fumble and a couple of key penalties against the Pats.

And yet, in 4 of those 5 losses, all that crap was not too deep to be overcome by crisp execution.  We were "in it with a chance to win it" to the end, we simply didn't play well enough to clinch the deal.

So yes, we beat ourselves, Patriots game included, but the reason is it's not all "stupid undisciplined things".  Yes, they contributed.

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I love the optimism.. I will say this if they get down early by a couple scores.. the game will get ugly, and I see the Bills doing stupid undisciplined things.. I could be wrong but that’s what I THINK will happen.

Getting down by a couple scores wouldn't be ideal, but even though Allen doesn't have the GWDs and 4QCs this year, he's shown he's more than capable of bringing Buffalo back from deficits in the past.

It's not like he's Lamar Jackson :w00t:

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's certainly a part of our losses: 4 fumbles (1 lost) and blocked punt  against Pitts;  stupid pre-and post-snap penalties, 2 INT and a fumble against Jax; penalties, 3 picks, and a fumble against the Colts; fumble and a couple of key penalties against the Pats.

And yet, in 4 of those 5 losses, all that crap was not too deep to be overcome by crisp execution.  We were "in it with a chance to win it" to the end, we simply didn't play well enough to clinch the deal.

So yes, we beat ourselves, Patriots game included, but the reason is it's not all "stupid undisciplined things".  Yes, they contributed.

There’s never just one reason for a loss, but if the stupid undisciplined things didn’t happen, we would’ve won those 4 games.  Those stupid undisciplined things prevented us from executing at the end of the game and snatching the victory’s. Dawson Knoxs penalty inside the 10 to end the game. BOTH Dawkins and Feliciano getting clobbered to in 1 second to end the game vs the Titian’s.  Holding penalty on the final drive vs the Steelers. When these things happen on the final drive, it then turns into the reason why we didn’t execute.  

We are where we are because of the stupid mistakes we’ve made.  That’s just how I see it.  We didn’t make nearly as many mistakes last season.  

The refs were very good to us last season as well.  The best they’ve ever been imo. 

This is more to your point imo, the thing keeping us from being the elite powerhouse we were expecting/hoping to be is our offense sputtering.  We got figured out and we didn’t address the O enough to compensate this past offseason.   We haven’t been able to get into the end zone the way we should.  

I feel that mistakes are why we lost games, and our sputtering offense is why we aren’t an elite team. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, CNYfan said:

I think the frustration of the way the season has gone is starting to erode the "feel good" around this team.  I think the nation sees blood in the water and a Bills team floundering, coming apart at the seams.     

I think the "drops" were the story of Monday Night's nightmare.  A catch here and there and the O keeps moving.  But it didn't happen.   Last year was a magical run where alot of things bounced the right way.  This year is a regression to the mean.  it seems like the weather is against us every week.  

I think this is adversity, and it may not be pretty and it may not be a playoff team, but this Version of the Bills can still be great.   At some point it will come back together.    

winning cures all. The feel good will return as soon as the Bills winning swagger does. Im a homer and hope springs eternal

Playoffs 2021 Please !~!!!

m

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I’ve said, depending on who they play, not having a home playoff game could be a blessing. If they go anywhere with a dome or nicer weather it would be more of a home field advantage than playing in orchard park. 

As of right now those teams would be NE, KC, Tenn, and Baltimore. No 80 degrees and sunny or dome teams among them.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

I think we’ll lose by one score and not be able to make that one play we need lol that’s our MO

19 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

As of right now those teams would be NE, KC, Tenn, and Baltimore. No 80 degrees and sunny or dome teams among them.

True, but the weather can be quite a bit different, and better than Buffalo, even in a place like Baltimore.

Or Nashville. 

Or KC! 

Foxboro? Not so much. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm actually worried that will be too warm for our guys and they'll dehydrate.

When it's 80 degrees air temperature, what is it down on the field?

I don't think too big a gradient as a natural surface grass field

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah but we seemed to fair OK in Miami this year, and it was a lot hotter and humid for that game than it's gong to be in Tampa on Sunday.

I live in SE FL and the weather is glorious right now; cool and no humidity.

80 seems high to me for game time; I bet its more in the mid '70s but who knows.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How many of our guys dehydrated back in the middle of September when they kicked Miami's ass in South Florida?

3 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I’ve said, depending on who they play, not having a home playoff game could be a blessing. If they go anywhere with a dome or nicer weather it would be more of a home field advantage than playing in orchard park. 

What other bad weather NFL games has Josh played in?  I remember home against Kansas City last year was a struggle in heavy rain.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.