Bills @ Bucs talk

letsgoteam

12 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Are you equating the defending SB champions who have the GOAT at QB with Miami a team that would just be happy to make the dance? 

What does that have anything to do with what the posts were talking about?  They were talking about our guys playing in warm weather getting dehydrated.  That has nothing to do with who they are playing.

4 minutes ago, Negan said:

Star and Sweeny out Sunday.

Time to get rid of Star and I'm pretty much at the point to get rid of McDermott and this whole clueless coaching staff 

Be Careful What You Wish For.  Not as far as Star, I'm Done with him.

But there are plenty of teams which have gotten close, then blown up the coaching staff for not getting all the way quickly enough, and have plummeted back to the bottom of the pile.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Star has been good when he's played.  But "the Best Ability is Availability."

He's only given us that in 8 of 13 games this year and 0 of 19 games last year, and at age 32, there's no reason to think this would improve next season.

No he hasn't. He's better than the alternative is a better answer. He doesn't make any difference.

35 minutes ago, Negan said:

Star and Sweeny out Sunday.

Time to get rid of Star and I'm pretty much at the point to get rid of McDermott and this whole clueless coaching staff 

I'm done with both of them. Neither can stay on the field. It's time to do some pretty significant roster shaping in the offseason.

• Like (+1) 4

If we find a way to win this game I'll be 3x as excited as I would have been had we beaten NE.

Yes, I know. AFC/NFC, stats standing, blah blah blah

I absolutely f-ing hate Tom Brady. The SOB has ruined football for 20 years. Whatever happens in the league is just window dressing for the Tom Brady Story. It'slike the league is just a story about Brady and everyone else is a supporting character, to add different challenges and variety to his story. 

If it was Peyton Manning playing until he was 47 and winning SB after SB I would think how cool it was to watch. Same with Favre or Brees.

But of course it has to be this little prick. Big Ben looks like he's 75 years old. Brees couldn't throw over 10 yards. But Brady is better now than he was 10 years ago, and I don't even think it's close. 

No, this Sunday we MUST WIN and both help our chances AND make it that much harder for Brady to get back to the Super Bowl. I'm tired of sitting there sick to my stomach for 3 hours hoping and praying that the other team can stop him from winning. 

This week WE DO THE JOB! 

Poyer and Hyde can pretend Brady is Jerry Sullivan and let's rock and roll!

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I don’t understand how anyone is downplaying this game due to TB being NFC..  Get to 11 wins however you need to… we’re basically guaranteed the playoffs with 11 wins.   That doesn’t change because one of them was against Tampa Bay. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t understand how anyone is downplaying this game due to TB being NFC..  Get to 11 wins however you need to… we’re basically guaranteed the playoffs with 11 wins.   That doesn’t change because one of them was against Tampa Bay. 

Math!  That's why.  

The point is we can lose to Tampa and still make the playoffs easily.

This assumes losing is a foregone conclusion, which most here think it is.

I actually think we have a good shot to win, if we get good coaching and we do our thing (air it out).

Of course winning would be better; it always is.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you think it's silly, that's fine - but you were called on totally misunderstanding what's being discussed.  As a guest here, I think you might have mis-typed "oh, whups, Me Bad"

"It's always hot in Florida" .....that would be why Citrus growers have loss prevention programs for freezes, and why Frozen Iguanas are a thing?

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/weather/2021/12/02/frozen-iguanas-how-handle-florida-weather-cold-trees/8823566002/

No.  You don't run on every play.  Because the point is, if you maintain enough of an effective pass threat, the Bills can't just choke down on the run as they have against the Ravens.

Yes, the Bills have been beaten up against the run but that by itself is probably not enough to defeat us.  We beat Us.

We defeat us.  4 trips to the RZ and 1 TD to show for it will do that.  If the Bills score TDs on half those redzone trips, they win.  If they score anything on each of those RZ trips, they win.

Examples of what I mean by "that probably isn't enough to beat us":

-While collecting 222 rush yards, the Pats only managed 14 points to go with it.  And they got their lone TD off our dumb-ass stupid unforced fumble on the QB-RB exchange.  We also had 4 trips to the RZ, 1 TD, 1 FG, and 1 missed FG to show for it.

-During the Colts 41-15 Butt-Whuppin, the Colts scored 21 points off of 2 INTs and a stupid unforced fumble at our goal line.  Did their run game beat us?  Well, without our stupid ass turnovers, we certainly could have had a much better shot

-During the Tennessee game, despite giving up 146 rush yards, we were in it to win it at the end.  Again, 5 trips  to the RZ and 2 TDs; if we score on 3 (our average of last season) we win.

The Bills can be beaten far more often and more easily than I'd like.  But the Bills make a huge contribution to beating the Bills.

yep.. Spot on

This past Monday had a very dementor-like effect on me - I felt the joy drain from me, and it felt as though I'd never feel optimistic again.

But a win over the Bucs would get me right back in the saddle.  Gotta love all of that "look for hope wherever you can" conditioning that 2 decades gave me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.