Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

So, Russia is basically surrounding the cities, shelling them, pretending to allow evacuations and then just shelling the people when the try and leave. This is a genocide taking place. Those people in the cities will be out soon. 

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

You two deserve each other. Thanks for trashing up the thread. I think we need another 30 back and forths on Trump vs Biden in here since we don't get it enough elsewhere in PPP. 

I thought the food riots and downfall of civilization were coming from Covid-related shortages. Is this where you conspiracy guys are going with that specter now? 

Trashing up this thread?  Who elected you hall monitor today?  And conspiracy.  Global commodity markets conclude this is a very real problem.  I think what's called 2nd and 3rd order negative consequences to this war.  Look at countries where consumers already spend a high percentage of their income on food that's getting more expensive and tell me its not going to be a real problem.  

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Trashing up this thread?  Who elected you hall monitor today? 

SDS knows I'm the answer as PPP moderator. He just doesn't care enough about PPP to anoint me. 

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

And conspiracy.  Global commodity markets conclude this is a very real problem.  I think what's called 2nd and 3rd order negative consequences to this war.  Look at countries where consumers already spend a high percentage of their income on food that's getting more expensive and tell me its not going to be a real problem.  

There are the issues with inflation from fuel prices and food shortages being real. And then there is fall of government food riot panic. The former is rooted in reality. The later is the "sky is falling" BS your lot always traffics in. There was going to be war in the streets when Trump jailed Hillary as well. Also when he opened the alien files. Also when the temperature rose and Florida flooded. 

I like a good doomsday prediction as much as the next guy but for me, I like seeing them all not come to pass. The doomsday cultists are the ultimate narcissists. They think that they have it all figured out and it's during their lifetime that the end happens. Zzzzz

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

After Banning Trump For Denouncing Violence, Twitter Lets Putin Keep His Account

Invading another nation, bombing hospitals, and killing civilians is not enough to get you kicked off of Twitter, but calling for peace and order will get you banned.

Russian President Vladimir Putin’s Twitter account, which has 1.5 million followers, remained active as of Friday, as Putin’s forces continue their invasion of Ukraine and attacks on the Ukrainian people.

Ukrainian authorities have reported more than 2,000 civilian deaths, with attacks on residential areas and maternity hospitals. Meanwhile, Putin used his Twitter account to spread propaganda about the conflict, calling the invasion a “special military operation to protect Donbass.”

Twitter locked and then permanently nuked former President Donald Trump’s Twitter account after he posted a video on Jan. 6, 2021, imploring rioters at the Capitol to “go home now” and that “we have to have peace.” Before that, a study showed Facebook and Twitter had already censored Trump 65 times.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/03/04/after-banning-trump-for-denouncing-violence-twitter-lets-putin-keep-his-account/

You're fighting for freedom.....and... democracy! in Ukraine.......

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

It’s all a taping of a Black Mirror episode. 

And WTF is a crisis actor? 

Ask a QAnon cultist, if you can find one. They all are on to new conspiracies now that their bubble popped. 

Seriously remember the Q stuff and the energy dedicated to that. How stupid do those folks look? 

Q disappeared faster than Rubio’s presidential aspirations after his sweaty debate. 

Ask a QAnon cultist, if you can find one. They all are on to new conspiracies now that their bubble popped. 

Seriously remember the Q stuff and the energy dedicated to that. How stupid do those folks look? 

Q disappeared faster than Rubio’s presidential aspirations after his sweaty debate. 

No I don’t remember.  I pretty much paid no attention to the QAnon stuff.  To tell you the truth if you asked me to explain it I’d have to Google it. I don’t care and never did. 

• Like (+1) 2

The fact you cite Qanaon to anything instantly lowers your IQ 10 points 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

U.S. to ban oil imports from Russia as White House explores drastic plans to buffer economy from energy shock

Too bad the Saudis  hate Biden so much 

Edited by TSOL
Sp

12 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

It’s all a taping of a Black Mirror episode. 

And WTF is a crisis actor? 

Crisis actors are the people some of our old pals like Dante used to blame at any mass shooting event in this country.  It was all staged, from Sandy Hook to Vegas to Orlando to...well, too many to count.  No one died, the kids, the parents, the grieving people on the scene, all crisis actors.  Pure theater, and they would have gotten away with it too if they hadn't been caught by internet sleuths using the same actors at multiple events.  

26 minutes ago, TSOL said:

The fact you cite Qanaon to anything instantly lowers your IQ 10 points 

What are the IQ implications for the millions who followed Q?  The Q Drops thread started by Deranged Rhino was the longest active thread on TBD for years.  Maybe the longest thread in TBD history.  SDS was running a significant Alt-Right conspiracy website disguised as a Bills forum until the great schism.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Too bad the Saudis  hate Biden so much 

Too bad US oil companies hate the US so much . How has their cost of oil production gone up drastically in the last month, it hasn't.

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

What are the IQ implications for the millions who followed Q?  The Q Drops thread started by Deranged Rhino was the longest active thread on TBD for years.  Maybe the longest thread in TBD history.  SDS was running a significant Alt-Right conspiracy website disguised as a Bills forum until the great schism.  

I'll be happy to. 

Q is the same sort of issue as transgender bathrooms. A manufactured MSM saga designed to obfuscate the general public, divide and conquer so to speak. 

And to take focus away from the real issues going on behind the scenes.

As you yourself have cited, it's a very effective strategy, because while we are debating these hot button topics our elected officials and corporate overlords  are running out  the back door with all the money. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

U.S. to ban oil imports from Russia as White House explores drastic plans to buffer economy from energy shock

Russia will respond by shutting Nord Stream 1.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

Too bad US oil companies hate the US so much . How has their cost of oil production gone up drastically in the last month, it hasn't.

There is less supply in the world, it's not just US oil companies. We don't get a huge percentage of Russian oil because we are diversified it's the oli that Russia supplies to Europe that's taken out of the market raising the prices for all of us. 

Supply and demand. There's alit less supply right now 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, TSOL said:

There is less supply in the world, it's not just US oil companies. We don't get a huge percentage of Russian oil because we are diversified it's the oli that Russia supplies to Europe that's taken out of the market raising the prices for all of us. 

So why does the US export more oil and gas then we import ?

When did U.S. export more oil than import?
In 2020, the United States exported more petroleum than it imported – marking the first time that has happened, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration's February 2021 Short-Term Energy

Outlook.

However, EIA expects the U.S. to return to being a net petroleum importer in 2021 and 2022 due to declines in domestic crude oil production and corresponding increases in crude oil imports.

https://dailyenergyinsider.com/news/29194-united-states-exported-more-petroleum-than-it-imported-in-2020-according-to-eia/

Edited by ALF

7 minutes ago, TSOL said:

I'll be happy to. 

Q is the same sort of issue as transgender bathrooms. A manufactured MSM saga designed to obfuscate the general public, divide and conquer so to speak. 

And to take focus away from the real issues going on behind the scenes.

As you yourself have cited, it's a very effective strategy, because while we are debating these hot button topics our elected officials and corporate overlords  are running out  the back door with all the money. 

Q was a real phenomenon. I mean, it was utterly fake and driven by some American incels turned sexpats in the Philippines who consorted with known midgets and ran edgelord image board, but it had real followers. It had enough real followers that Q caught a foothold in mainstream politics.  To write off Q as a red herring and overblown media sensation is wildly incorrect.  

11 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Q was a real phenomenon. I mean, it was utterly fake and driven by some American incels turned sexpats in the Philippines who consorted with known midgets and ran edgelord image board, but it had real followers. It had enough real followers that Q caught a foothold in mainstream politics.  To write off Q as a red herring and overblown media sensation is wildly incorrect.  

Sensationalized 

We debated transgender bathrooms as the Obama administration was doing the world peace nuclear accord in Iran too, remember that? 

26 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

He's not saying the effects weren't real, he's saying the effects were, in part, driven by corporate media.

Similarly, when someone says "the hand-wringing over Ukraine is a manufactured MSM creation," they aren't saying that there aren't real people getting their panties in a wad over a country they wouldn't be able to differentiate from any other ex-Soviet state if you airdropped them in blind. They're saying that people only care because the media cares.

The question he's arguing from isn't "did it happen," but "why did it happen?" How much of the Q following was generated organically can be argued to death. In the era of the internet it's an open question, but 8kun doesn't quite have the web traffic that your average corporate media site does.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Sensationalized 

We debated transgender bathrooms as the Obama administration was doing the world peace nuclear accord in Iran too, remember that? 

I recall.  How many thousands of people took to the streets due to transgender bathrooms?  How much trans bathroom merch was sold?  How many trans bathroom rallies took place? Did hashtag #TransBathrooms become the rallying cry of "patriots" across the nation?  

Sure, there was some media sensationalism with Q but we cannot accurately compare a movement like QAnon to a talking point du jour like trans bathrooms.  

14 minutes ago, LeviF said:

He's not saying the effects weren't real, he's saying the effects were, in part, driven by corporate media.

Similarly, when someone says "the hand-wringing over Ukraine is a manufactured MSM creation," they aren't saying that there aren't real people getting their panties in a wad over a country they wouldn't be able to differentiate from any other ex-Soviet state if you airdropped them in blind. They're saying that people only care because the media cares.

The question he's arguing from isn't "did it happen," but "why did it happen?" How much of the Q following was generated organically can be argued to death. In the era of the internet it's an open question, but 8kun doesn't quite have the web traffic that your average corporate media site does.

He isn't saying that at all.

And if he is, hes still wrong.  The true believers were not driven by the MSM.  Q is not a MSM creation.  Q was born in the deepest recesses of the internet.  Q wasn't confined to 8chan/8kun.  Twitter and YouTube were the biggest vehicle for Q spread.  Every social media site had Q Ambassadors like our own Deranged Rhino who helped all manner of impressionable people follow the bread crumbs from the ostensibly plausible to the downright insane.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1

This trash admin is going to gaslight all their sheep, with the help of our media, to fall for this all being “Putin’s price hike”… as if his garbage year in office hasn’t affected any of this.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I recall.  How many thousands of people took to the streets due to transgender bathrooms?  How much trans bathroom merch was sold?  How many trans bathroom rallies took place? Did hashtag #TransBathrooms become the rallying cry of "patriots" across the nation?  

Sure, there was some media sensationalism with Q but we cannot accurately compare a movement like QAnon to a talking point du jour like trans bathrooms.  

Q is just as inconsequential as transgender bathrooms, a diversionary tactic that is the calling card of liberal progressive agenda. 

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

He isn't saying that at all.

And if he is, hes still wrong.  The true believers were not driven by the MSM.  Q is not a MSM creation.  Q was born in the deepest recesses of the internet.  Q wasn't confined to 8chan/8kun.  Twitter and YouTube were the biggest vehicle for Q spread.  Every social media site had Q Ambassadors like our own Deranged Rhino who helped all manner of impressionable people follow the bread crumbs from the ostensibly plausible to the downright insane.

There's a reason the QANON thread was deleted from the PPP hell hole. 

What a shame - though the 1,000 page #DeepState thread still exists.

1 minute ago, TSOL said:

Q is just as inconsequential as transgender bathrooms, a diversionary tactic that is the calling card of liberal progressive agenda. 

Say it 5 more times and you'll still be just as embarrassingly wrong as the first time.  Repeating yourself over and over without offering anything resembling facts or arguments is not an effective form of debate/discussion.

image.png.4aefcabf90bdada84596a220be9d3b2f.png  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Say it 5 more times and you'll still be just as embarrassingly wrong as the first time.  Repeating yourself over and over without offering anything resembling facts or arguments is not an effective form of debate/discussion.

It's obviously embarrassing for former members of the Q-cult. Forgive @tsol - the wound is still fresh. 

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Tell us you don't know how the economy works without telling us you don't know how the economy works.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

It worked like a charm on you though huh

4 minutes ago, TSOL said:

It worked like a charm on you though huh

Nope.  I did not follow the Q drops.  

You should just stop 5 posts ago and admit you know nothing about QAnon.  I will concede to your expertise in trans bathrooms.

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

Drastic plans like what?

Huuuuuuge investments into electric school buses! Also Pete N Joe N Kamaltoe would like you to do your part to lower costs by using more public transport, buying a scooter , electric car , windmill powered vehicle or maybe roller skates. This is a great opportunity to accelerate our transition! High gas prices are a high class problem and certainly not Joes fault. Just ask Peppermint Psaki, she’ll set ya straight. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 hour ago, TSOL said:

no there isn't

26 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This trash admin is going to gaslight all their sheep, with the help of our media, to fall for this all being “Putin’s price hike”… as if his garbage year in office hasn’t affected any of this.  

Perhaps you could lend...you know...some actually non partisan economic analysis as to why gas prices are higher...

Edited by TH3

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Huuuuuuge investments into electric school buses! Also Pete N Joe N Kamaltoe would like you to do your part to lower costs by using more public transport, buying a scooter , electric car , windmill powered vehicle or maybe roller skates. 

There is so much more in this universe than electric cars and solar/wind.

Solid oxide fuel cells that eliminate the energy grid which is the real vulnerability can be powered by nat gas, at a much less atmospheric impact than what we are now using, or hydrogen, which has no environmental impact.

The long term solution to energy is not substituting oil producer producer A for oil producer B.

It is in eliminating the centralized grid weakness, where energy is transmitted from a central source, (utility), across a vulnerable grid, (see California's problems).

On site production is the solution, and many have figured this out, Google, ATT, Home Depot, Verizon, WalMart, Staples etc.

It goes on and on.

• Like (+1) 1