Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

Ukrainian soldier responds to Russian warning: 'Russian warship, go f*** yourself'  (when told to surrender)

An audio tape of an exchange between the Ukrainian soldiers on an island in the Black Sea and an officer of the Russian Navy has emerged. All of the soldiers - who were defending Snake Island - are reported to have been killed, according to President Volodymyr Zelensky. This audio has been confirmed and verified as authentic by the Ukrainian Interior Ministry. CNN's Oren Liebermann reports.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2022/02/25/ukraine-russia-soldier-exchange-audio-liebermann-dlt-intl-hnk-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/russia-ukraine-military-conflict/

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, njbuff said:

A strong Russian-China union is dangerous for the rest of the world as NATO’s alliance seems to be shaky at best.

Trump did nothing to help, he bitched publicly about money, called them names publicly, threatened to get out of NATO, and today Putin feels stronger than NATO. IMHO.

But Russia China is stronger because we also picked fights with China. 

Edited by Niagara Bill
Additional comments
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, njbuff said:

A strong Russian-China union is dangerous for the rest of the world as NATO’s alliance seems to be shaky at best.

They have a mutual objective of eliminating US global hegemony.  Russia in Europe and the Middle East and China in Asia while quietly establishing what can only be described as colonies in Africa.  They have made great progress while Americans walk around staring at their smart phones all day. 

All while our government and media are focused on witch hunts for "domestic extremists" and push things like gender fantasies in life and entertainment such as the virtues of boys adopting feminine traits and pushing the narrative of feminist strength and wisdom.  Hollywood relegating the white (sometimes black too) male character to the role of a stupid and ineffective bit player in the story.  Wimpifying our younger male population.  Hardly the seed stock for an effective fighting force necessary to engage tough and hardening Russian and Chinese soldiers that I guarantee are trained to show no mercy.  Is it a surprise as the academic world and entertainment industry and media in many respects are controlled by Chinese money.

Maybe this Russian invasion will wake the country up to real threats?  If not, then what will?   

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Trump did nothing to help, he bitched publicly about money, called them names publicly, threatened to get out of NATO, and today Putin feels stronger than NATO. IMHO.

Gosh why would Trump do that?

Should the fact that France, Germany, Turkey, Italy and Canada weren't living up to their agreements gone unmentioned after years of this?

It was about time somebody mentioned it.

NATO will coalesce over this hideous invasion if it comes to that.

Heck, even Finland and Sweden, non NATO  countries are aligning 

• Like (+1) 4

29 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

So what?  Did the US get out of NATO?  No, they didn't.  And the objective of protecting each other still stands despite hurt feelings.

If you want to pin the blame on Putin feeling stronger, look to Germany and other countries lapping up their energy.  And Joey looking like an absolute clown.

• Like (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Time to put away the yearbook, Bill.  

Joe Biden has been a central figure in American politics for 50 years, the current leadership on the house and senate for a long time as well.  Tendencies are studied, calculations made and action taken.  That his nefarious actions took place at this time, under this leadership, is quite telling.  

• Like (+1) 2

Putin’s in a real fix. That idiot really thought the Ukrainians would put down their arms and surrender. Instead they spit in his eye and fight like patriots to a great cause always do. His own people are rising up at great personal threat to themselves, crippling sanctions are on the way. Just hope we are getting weapons, ammunition and other supplies into the war zone. 

Ben Sasse on MSNBC calling on more arms for the Ukrainians, yes! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

55 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Gosh why would Trump do that?

Should the fact that France, Germany, Turkey, Italy and Canada weren't living up to their agreements gone unmentioned after years of this?

It was about time somebody mentioned it.

NATO will coalesce over this hideous invasion if it comes to that.

Heck, even Finland and Sweden, non NATO  countries are aligning 

So you see it as Trump trying to make NATO stronger? 

I respectfully disagree. You will never convince me he isn’t a Putin stooge. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It was Trump trying to get the other countries to pay their fair share.  Stronger doesn't enter into the equation because when the call comes, you answer, period.

And you can believe what you want.  Only a stooge, Putin's or otherwise, would have given Putin his pipeline.  

• Agree 1

Just now, Doc said:

It was Trump trying to get the other countries to pay their fair share.  Stronger doesn't enter into the equation because when the call comes, you answer, period.

And you can believe what you want.  Only a stooge, Putin's or otherwise, would have given Putin his pipeline.  

Think Trump will still be running around praising Putin? He believed that pig over our intelligence service? Disgusting 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It’s interesting how people can look at the same circumstances and come away with two entirely different narratives. The fact that you say you’ll “never” be convinced says quite a bit by itself. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Think Trump will still be running around praising Putin? He believed that pig over our intelligence service? Disgusting 

You can certainly disagree with Trump’s tactics, and I’ve personally never spoken with him, but you really don’t get what his approach was? Really?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

It’s interesting how people can look at the same circumstances and come away with two entirely different narratives. The fact that you say you’ll “never” be convinced says quite a bit by itself. 

Trumps the one who was praising a guy who murdered journalists, opposition leaders, protesters, invaded other countries, interfered in our elections and is a general POS scum bag Satan 

But ya, I should keep an open mind 🙄 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I have no interest in trying to convince you of anything

Trump had a responsibility to the US taxpayer to ask other countries to abide by agreements and pay their agreed portion.

France, Turkey Italy, Germany and Canada weren't.

The claim is somehow made that the individual, as the elected representative of his country is responsible for weakening the alliance, while being burdened with a disproportionate amount of the bill., but those not paying their share are not weakening the alliance.

Ya. that makes sense.

Canada, by the way, as of 2016, was the lowest contributor as a % of GDP, which was the understanding, so they, of course, should have the greatest leverage in criticizing.

At some point we may even get somebody to call out the uselessness of the UN, another burden we disproportionally fund.

But we're a ways away from that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I think a lot of us are concerned we can’t convince you not to use a hair dryer in the bathtub, but what does that have to do with Biden and Putin today? 

NATO leadership knows exactly what they were getting when Biden was elected.  He’s been in office for 25% of his term, and was VP for 8 years.  Surely he had a plan to rebuild alliances, and established inroads over the past several years as he campaigned.  

• Agree 1