Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

7 minutes ago, Irv said:

Here’s to Billstime and Tiberius on behalf of the Ukrainian people. ***** YOU!  What a mess. 

If the brave people of Ukraine were going to pick someone to speak for them they would not pick a bum like you. You worthless idiot 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, John Adams said:

So the war is America’s fault for not preventing it. That’s where your mind is on invasion day. 

Putin does enjoy this board, I have no doubt. 

You sure read a lot into one ***** sentence. I just made a point. 

We were told by our leaders they came to  prevent a war not start one.  In that sense we failed no? 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, muppy said:

I think vladimir putin is a bully who will  not be reasoned with no matter who does the talking. The only think a guy/BULLY like he understands is a beatdown smack in the mouth. Not that I approve of any scenario that might bring about a World war 3. This whole situation sucks.

and since Im here what the heck is donald trump doing trolling the  media for? GEEZ NOT HELPFUL imho just WHO is the enemy here donald? @-@ unbelievable.

SMH

Figures, the go to party line is to blame Trump. With biden being a mush for brains had nothing to do with encouraging putin to go after Ukraine. 

What a mess

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, muppy said:

I think vladimir putin is a bully who will  not be reasoned with no matter who does the talking. The only think a guy/BULLY like he understands is a beatdown smack in the mouth. Not that I approve of any scenario that might bring about a World war 3. This whole situation sucks.

and since Im here what the heck is donald trump doing trolling the  media for? GEEZ NOT HELPFUL imho just WHO is the enemy here donald? @-@ unbelievable.

SMH

Hi Mup,

In this case, I don’t agree with Trump speaking out.  Actually I feel/felt that way about lots of things.  

That said, sadly this is the way the game is played.  Virtually every democratic leader in power, and most major media outlets worked tirelessly to scuttle his presidency and pounced on every real, imagined or manufactured piece of red meat. 

From allegations of illegitimate presidency to allegations of treason to suggestions a coup occurred to stories about austere scholars being targeted with drone strikes, there was precious little done NOT designed to leverage the fears of the American people and destroy him.    

One quick for instance—when Biden and Obama were advised that the Clinton campaign was spreading disinformation with the Steele dossier, our country was engaged in a massive cafeteria food fight.  If they knew, then surely Pelosi et al knew.  If they all knew, surely highly placed sources knew as well.  

Did any of those individuals suggest a deep breath be taken, the good of the nation be considered, and the Clinton role in the alleged scandal be disclosed?  Was there a call for transparency as people were at each others throats?    Absolutely not. 

So, here we are.  An unpopular president barely able to string together two or three cohesive sentences, a major crisis occurring on the watch of the guy full of bravado who suggested he was tougher’n Cornpop and Putin together.   To take it one step further,  Putin stayed out when Trump was in office, and started moving against Biden almost immediately.  

Alas, while it would be nice to come together and hold hands, that’s just not what political figures on that level do.  

You’re asking for too much.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

All I know is nothing but peace and prosperity under Trump.  

Then the flu.  

And the nazis took over.

Now I pay $3.50 for gas.  

The rent is to dam high.  

And Putin is about to take Ukraine.  

So looks like the list of things you know is quite limited 🤣….That and you don’t like capitalism and therefore you probably hate America 

• Haha (+1) 1

The Europeans are slaves to Russian energy. The persistent closures of coal and nuclear plants have strategic consequences. I don't think the Germans, for example, are stupid. They want to save the planet, and they traded their sovereignty for it. 

Energy independence should be the top strategic initiative for any sovereign nation. You're not exactly calling your own shots if you aren't.

The Germans (and Europe) won't do anything. They freeze to death if the Russians shut the gas off. 

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Westside said:

Figures, the go to party line is to blame Trump. With biden being a mush for brains had nothing to do with encouraging putin to go after Ukraine. 

What a mess

When a R is President and something bad happens, the first move by the libs is to blame him for it.  When a D is in office, the first move by the libs to cry about blaming him for it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Putin is walking a tightrope between proving he's a tough guy to his oligarch friends, and getting all of their billions they've siphoned from the Russian people confiscated here in the west where they've stashed it. 

They all know how this plays out.  

Russia doesn't lose a thing in going in they only benefit even if not 1 mile of Ukraine becomes theirs.  

Putin claims victory at home.  Strong man strong armed the pajama boys in the West. 

Biden and his media sycophants will tell you he averted WWIII.

Right right.  

Oooh! Look! I CAN post here! 

That little test will be the extent of it, however. Has anybody EVER changed anyone else’s opinion here? Doubt it, so I won’t try. It’s just a sad state of affairs. 

Carry on….I’ll let myself out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1