EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I was wondering if anyone else saw that. I was barely watching the Thursday night game and saw this graphic out of the corner of my eye. Now I’m not trying to be a homer here, but someone at the Network had to actually make that thing. Really? That’s who the NFL wants to promote? Sheeesh

LOL there's a freakin' entire THREAD about it, started by Virgil last night.

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Clean sweep on "Get up" this morning. Every single member went Pats... This is all so hilarious to me. It was 5 minutes about what Buffalo will have to do to try and beat NE. And thats been every segment on every outlet this week. I've never seen such skewed analysis involving 2 teams just a half game apart.

So what do we have to try to do to beat NE?  I kind of gather all they have to do is show up.

2 hours ago, eball said:

Its one thing to notice Dion’s inconsistent play this season and talk about the OL in general, but those who have bashed him (there have been many) should really be ashamed of themselves. 

I have never bashed Dion, and know you weren’t directing that at me. I think Covid and left guard play have almost everything to do with Dion’s production slip. 

12 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

This!

..fans need to stop feeding into everything that is not pro-buffalo. Geez. It's not that serious. Stop letting the national media fool you guys....well some of you guys. 

You are a Pats fan on a Bills board. If you don’t like how people here react, I think I can speak for most of us when I say, “why don’t you make like a tree, and get out of here”.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I was wondering if anyone else saw that. I was barely watching the Thursday night game and saw this graphic out of the corner of my eye. Now I’m not trying to be a homer here, but someone at the Network had to actually make that thing. Really? That’s who the NFL wants to promote? Sheeesh

One more indication that the media/league nexus wants the Pats to win, and one more worry that the refs will be doing what they can do throw the game to the Pats. I'm not a conspiracy nut, and I'm well aware of the power of confirmation bias, but I'm also well aware of how money corrupts people, and the sums involved in football betting now are staggering. Even if the refs are directly corrupted, it doesn't take much to bias them via subtle hints and pressures. Look for flags that extend Pats drives and derail Bills' drives, eliminate long returns, stop momentum, and so on. In a close game, that's all it takes, as we saw in the Titans game. If the Bills want to win, they need to beat the refs as well as the Pats.

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL there's a freakin' entire THREAD about it, started by Virgil last night.

So what do we have to try to do to beat NE?  I kind of gather all they have to do is show up.

Every analysis has been lazy as hell. Bills cant stop physical teams. Bills cant run. Game over....This is basically the sentiment of every outlet i've watched this week. Pats just gotta make it to the stadium.... I've not see ONE single breakdown about what the pats need to do in order to go into a hostile environment and beat the defending division champs that are also in the hunt at the moment.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

Surprised no one commented on this after all the discussion there's been on Dawkins' play, and speculation whether he's still feeling the affects of covid.

Also the comments about Star contacting him about his illness, having chest pains etc makes you think it's possible when Star comes back he might not be himself right away either.

At least he dodged the well-known, pernicious, deadly, debilitating and widespread side effects of the vaccine. 🙄

• Haha (+1) 1

I hate to be the one to always remind TSW about this, but for disclosure purposes it is important that you all know that as of 9:30 this A.M. it is officially 3,000 hours to kickoff *.  

Personally, since about 200 of you asked me in personal messages, I have only to get through:

1.  work this morning;

2. Doctor's appointment this A.M. wherein my primary care physician is going to read the riot act to me, as he should;

3. more work this afternoon that is likely going to be ugly;

4. breaking in new baby sitter tonight (please don't accidentally be incompetent with our child while we are gone);

5. Sebastian Maniscalco tonight (the only person or thing funnier than the push of #MacJonesMVP).

That is 700 hours right there, with another thousand hours over the weekend and finishing up with another 1,300 hours of work on Monday.

The wait for MNF can suck it for all I care. 

(* I actually love it.  Dear sweet heaven I love it so.  I have one job around here, that's it and it's mine.  @Ridgewaycynic2013 wants it, I know he does, but he can go suck it, too **.  It's my job.)

(** I don't want Ridgeway to suck anything.  I like him.)

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Well, at least we know Filthy isn't a hot girl, otherwise they wouldn't have to work this hard for attention.

He is very likely a 15 year old weed addled Pat***** fan sitting in his mother’s basement.  I could also go with unemployed 34 year old weed addled Pat***** fan sitting in his mother’s basement, because it’s hard to tell the difference really.  

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Does this really get people upset? 

Not upset, just annoyed. 

As an aside, it was Fox with that graphic and if you haven't noticed they seem to have a larger number of Bills & Allen critics then the other NFL broadcast channels.  On Thanksgiving day two of the five Fox pregame guys picked NO to beat the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

One thing Diggs mentions is the int at NO was his fault, he was supposed to run an in route and instead faded out thinking it was a scramble drill.  I think at the time Brees pointed out it was prob a miscommunication, but  I saw plenty of people and talking heads talking about what a "brutal" bad int that was by Josh afterwards

That's exactly what both Daboll and McDermott mean when they say that ball security is a team effort and that all of those INTs are not on Josh.

Pretty sure there's another one where Beasley didn't do what Josh expected him to (can't tell you which of them was at fault).  Then there are the ones where his arm was hit, as in the recent game Dawkins had his guy and was doing what the OL is coached to do (ushering him into the backfield) and Josh saw that and thought he had time (but Dawkins let him get off the block and get to Allen).

It's always going to be a judgement call for Allen, he needs to trust his guys and take time to do some of what we love him to do, but not too much trust or too much time.

9 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Not upset, just annoyed. 

As an aside, it was Fox with that graphic and if you haven't noticed they seem to have a larger number of Bills & Allen critics then the other NFL broadcast channels.  On Thanksgiving day two of the five Fox pregame guys picked NO to beat the Bills.

Bradshaw is historically a real Richard Head about Allen and the Bills.  Last year after the Titans game, where Allen admittedly played badly, Bradshaw threw out the previous 4 games, disregarded the injury report and the linebacker brace on the kids arm, and sneered "a 50% passer, that's all he'll ever be".  When he was forced to praise Allen towards the end of the season, he acted as though the words burnt his throat.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Bradshaw is historically a real Richard Head about Allen and the Bills.  Last year after the Titans game, where Allen admittedly played badly, Bradshaw threw out the previous 4 games, disregarded the injury report and the linebacker brace on the kids arm, and sneered "a 50% passer, that's all he'll ever be".  When he was forced to praise Allen towards the end of the season, he acted as though the words burnt his throat.

I remember that.  It was like dude get over it Allen had a bad game it happens. 

The Allen hate by some of these guys is really amazing.  I just don't get it. Allen is personable, talented and not a Richard on the field so what's their beef? It's odd because by his actions and attitude I just don't see what's so polarizing about Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

You are a Pats fan on a Bills board. If you don’t like how people here react, I think I can speak for most of us when I say, “why don’t you make like a tree, and get out of here”.

Yea lets act like an adult. Nothing I just said should offend anyone and if it did, then that speaks more about you than me and my fandom. Thanks!

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I remember that.  It was like dude get over it Allen had a bad game it happens. 

The Allen hate by some of these guys is really amazing.  I just don't get it. Allen is personable, talented and not a Richard on the field so what's their beef? It's odd because by his actions and attitude I just don't see what's so polarizing about Allen. 

I am not sure there is "Allen hate".  Certainly everyone has an opinion and some will like or dislike a particular QB, that is reality.  I dont think Allen is singled out for it.  The narrative that many are trying to justify their opinion of him as an inaccurate QB out of Wyoming is tired and old.  There was a lot of love for Allen last year, he & the Bills have not been as effective this year (and yes I know his tats so far from last year compared to now which is misleading).

I tell you what was obnoxious was the almost universal Mahomes love last year, boy was that tiresome.  You could also say the same thing about Mac Jones this year.  So he has a great rookie year to date, there have been a lot of one year wonders in the NFL.

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's exactly what both Daboll and McDermott mean when they say that ball security is a team effort and that all of those INTs are not on Josh.

Pretty sure there's another one where Beasley didn't do what Josh expected him to (can't tell you which of them was at fault).  Then there are the ones where his arm was hit, as in the recent game Dawkins had his guy and was doing what the OL is coached to do (ushering him into the backfield) and Josh saw that and thought he had time (but Dawkins let him get off the block and get to Allen).

It's always going to be a judgement call for Allen, he needs to trust his guys and take time to do some of what we love him to do, but not too much trust or too much time.

I actually recall this as "52% passer in college (which he wasn't), but that's beside the point, that's what he'll be in the pros!"LMAO and they pay this dude alot for that analysis.

Pats have won 6 straight and Bills have lost to Jacksonville and got blown out at home vs. Indy during that timeframe. I don't think it's unreasonable for the national talking heads to pick the Pats to win. 

That said, regardless of the media narrative on Mac Jones, Bills have the best player on the field in Josh Allen and if he performs, I think Bills win. 

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I hate to be the one to always remind TSW about this, but for disclosure purposes it is important that you all know that as of 9:30 this A.M. it is officially 3,000 hours to kickoff *.  

Personally, since about 200 of you asked me in personal messages, I have only to get through:

1.  work this morning;

2. Doctor's appointment this A.M. wherein my primary care physician is going to read the riot act to me, as he should;

3. more work this afternoon that is likely going to be ugly;

4. breaking in new baby sitter tonight (please don't accidentally be incompetent with our child while we are gone);

5. Sebastian Maniscalco tonight (the only person or thing funnier than the push of #MacJonesMVP).

That is 700 hours right there, with another thousand hours over the weekend and finishing up with another 1,300 hours of work on Monday.

The wait for MNF can suck it for all I care. 

(* I actually love it.  Dear sweet heaven I love it so.  I have one job around here, that's it and it's mine.  @Ridgewaycynic2013 wants it, I know he does, but he can go suck it, too **.  It's my job.)

(** I don't want Ridgeway to suck anything.  I like him.)

Da fuq?...

• Like (+1) 1

So I've been watching ESPN and NFLN all week and I'm curious; does anyone know who the Patriots* are playing on Monday?  All of the coverage is about how awesome the Pats* are and how whoever they are playing is going to struggle on both sides of the ball, but they haven't really said anything about their opponent.  Whoever it is, I feel bad for them because the Patriots* are clearly the best team in the NFL...

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.