EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

19 minutes ago, eball said:

First of all, anyone who "expected" the Pats*** to be bad while BB was still coaching is a fool.  But this is a loser attitude.  The Bills have built a deep and talented roster, have a great FO in place, and should be contending for division, conference, and league titles for the foreseeable future.  What in the world do Bills fans have to complain about?  The Pats*** are now trying to keep up with us.

Agreed. Aso, I'm so freaking tired of this whole "The Bills fans are uneasy and scared" deal the media and reporters are putting out. They can shove that crap up their ***. Anyone thats watched football for more than 5 minutes knew the Bills were gonna be in for some dog fights over the next couple years. And just because the Pats are back in as contenders doesnt mean they are gonna own the division for a freaking decade. This is all so ridiculous.... Scared? NOT A FREAKING CHANCE. We have a top 5 talent at QB and a talented core group of players. Bring it.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Logic said:

I think what's really behind a lot of the angst from Bills fans is that we expected the Pats to be bad for a few years. We expected to own the division for a while. Instead, the Pats appear to be right back to their winning ways, have a quarterback who is legitimately playing well, and it has all of us collectively shaking our heads in astonishment and asking what we have done to anger the football gods.

It's not "we".   It's you and some others who clearly didn't understand the value of having a winning culture and excellent coaching.   Which made no sense to me because the same people who thought Belichick was done fielding competitive teams were the same people who "trusted the process" in Buffalo.

You may be too young to remember the 1990's Bills teams but as talented as they often were.........many of their wins......especially after the first couple of SB seasons.........were in great part just due to supreme confidence in their organization + opponents lack of confidence that they could beat the winning-culture Bills.    That's how you go to the playoffs 10 times in 12 years.    The Patriots have just taken it to a greater level.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

The bolded is actually the only truly annoying part for me.  Steve Young said it last week, and I've heard it countless times on various message boards & twitter over the past few weeks - the Bills & other AFC East teams had their "1 year," and now the Pats are back in charge of the division.

No. Even if the Pats are good or great - and like you said, with BB they'll always be competitive - the AFC East ain't gonna be the division it was for 20 years.  The Bills are here to stay w/ Allen & McD.  Miami is well run now, and I think even the Jets will turn it around w/ Saleh & Wilson.

And we're still a better team than the Pats, and I'd bet pretty good money that Allen will always be at least 1 tier above Mac Jones, if Jones even pans out.  

If BB retired after this season - that team would probably hover around .500.

Its absurd. it took them having the best qb of all time to get that done. its all of sudden gonna happen again because of a nice rookie they drafted? get real people.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Like Stef Diggs said yesterday about his thoughts on looking up to the Pats in the division, it doesn’t matter who is in first place now. It matters who is there at the end. 

Yup, with the return of a few players on OL and DL, I don't see why this team can't get hot and go on their own winning streak. 

23 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's not "we".   It's you and some others who clearly didn't understand the value of having a winning culture and excellent coaching.   Which made no sense to me because the same people who thought Belichick was done fielding competitive teams were the same people who "trusted the process" in Buffalo.

Wait....so you're telling me that I'm wrong, you're right, and you knew it would be this way all along?

I'm shocked. Shocked I say. 

21 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Some fans expected the Bills to be the Patriots and the Patriots to turn into the Bills…. Just a ridiculous thought. The Patriots had perhaps the best dynasty in  the history of the sport, while the Bills had an epic run of pathetic football. To think the Kraft/Belichick lead Patriots would turn into that is laughable…. I think Bills fans still underestimate to this day how inept the Bills organization was throughout most of the drought. 

I simply can't BELIEVE that you two happened to know better, and now you're here to tell us you were right. Can't believe it.

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Wait....so you're telling me that I'm wrong, you're right, and you knew it would be this way all along?

I'm shocked. Shocked I say. 

I simply can't BELIEVE that you two happened to know better, and now you're here to tell us you were right. Can't believe it.

I’m not sure how you could possibly disagree with two of the most positive humans ever to grace the pages of Two Bills Drive. 

26 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Suit up, Mount Up and SHOW UP!

Bills Mafia and the Bills Players will be ready.  Should be a great game and come down to which team wants it more.  I like the Bills at home as believe the team reacts to being dissed and will play with a sense of urgency as this is biggest leverage point in determining who takes AFC East.

GO BILLS!

I doubt one team wants to win more than the other

I love the takes on this game from the national media and fans. Its about the vaunted run game and defense of the Patriots and how they will stop the Bills offense. Just to put things in perspective, the Patriots have a whopping 83 more yards on the ground than us in 1 extra game played. The 2 games we gave up big yardage on the ground were against the Indy #3 without Star or Edmonds & Titans #4 in rushing, Pats are rated 9. People act like we aren't rated either 1 or 2 in many defensive categories either.  

As long as we don't turn the ball over, I don't really see how the Pats can win this game. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yet all the football fans I know (with the exception of Massholes) want the Bills to win.

It's kind of cool to have an entire country pulling for your team in a game.  I suppose it's better to be hated, because that generally means you win a lot - but it's still cool to have the planet on our side.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Not all the same people. But yea, there were folks here who just said "Brady has gone it's over!" Because they had a down year with Cam playing terribly and 8 covid opt outs.

• Like (+1) 1

I knew they'd still be competitive w/ BB, and will be as long as he's there.  But the fear factor is gone without Brady.  They're just a good, really well-coached team now.

Brady was the magician.  How many times did we have 4th quarter leads only to see him turn it on when he needed to? Threading needles, throwing 50-yard dimes in the last few minutes - always engineering the drive they HAD to have, at the time they had to have it.

That wasn't Belichick. It was always the combo that made that team so formidable. I have no doubt that BB will put together some contending years w/ Mac Jones as long as he's there, but they're just another team now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

BB is 63-75 without Brady, including 1-1 in the playoffs.  This stuff about the next 10 years of Pats dominance while BB turns 80 is silly.  Let's see how this season finishes first before BB and Mac are anointed the chosen ones.  For now it is just a media meme. 

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Success said:

Brady was the magician.  How many times did we have 4th quarter leads only to see him turn it on when he needed to? Threading needles, throwing 50-yard dimes in the last few minutes - always engineering the drive they HAD to have, at the time they had to have it.

That wasn't Belichick. It was always the combo that made that team so formidable. I have no doubt that BB will put together some contending years w/ Mac Jones as long as he's there, but they're just another team now.

I think your memory may be failing you.  Outside of the 2009 McFumbles game, Brady didn't have many (if any) fourth quarter comebacks against us.  They were total team methodical destructions with a few ugly defensive struggles thrown in.  Two out of three games against the Brady Pats were thorough ass-kickings from start to finish.  And besides the undefeated Randy Moss season, the Pats almost always beat our brains in with the running game and short passing/screen game.  It wasn't Brady "dropping dimes" all over the field.  It was the exact kind of offensive approach we are seeing from Mac Jones.

The "fear factor" is gone because for the first time in 20 years, we have a team that's as good as or better than the Patriots.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Yea lets act like an adult. Nothing I just said should offend anyone and if it did, then that speaks more about you than me and my fandom. Thanks!

We don’t need you to educate us on anything Pats. We can get that from credible sources. So honestly the only thing your presence here does is annoy Bills fans. I bet if the Bills win and win big, we won’t see much of you for awhile. And if the Pats win you will get yourself banned pretty quick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.