EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

17 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

We don’t need you to educate us on anything Pats. We can get that from credible sources. So honestly the only thing your presence here does is annoy Bills fans. I bet if the Bills win and win big, we won’t see much of you for awhile. And if the Pats win you will get yourself banned pretty quick.

Don't do this to yourself. I been here for a year. The Bills won the division last year and blew out the pats in their last game and i was here. I never said anything about any of the Bills loses or said nothing about the bills losing the division lead or tying it. Win or lose i will be here when i choose to be. And i do not post caring who likes that i am here or who doesn't. I have had some good exchanges with a few fans here and I am ok with that. All others i really don't pay any attention to. I'm just posting. making the same statements others have. Just interesting to see how you react to it. You really do not have to pay me any mind. 

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Max Kellermans BOLD prediction on his show today is That the bills will win Monday night. LOLOL 

… mind you we’re 3 pt favorites… you can’t make this trash up. This Pats hype train is to the point that, even as Vegas underdogs, it’s bold to pick against them. Good lord. 

I’m gonna have to head outside all weekend and split wood or something. I’ve worked myself into a lather today 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Haha (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Don't do this to yourself. I been here for a year. The Bills won the division last year and blew out the pats in their last game and i was here. I never said anything about any of the Bills loses or said nothing about the bills losing the division lead or tying it. Win or lose i will be here when i choose to be. And i do not post caring who likes that i am here or who doesn't. I have had some good exchanges with a few fans here and I am ok with that. All others i really don't pay any attention to. I'm just posting. making the same statements others have. Just interesting to see how you react to it. You really do not have to pay me any mind. 

Nice to see you've worked on your grammar and spelling.

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

I know things like the Jags game happen to good teams - but I hope it provides a lesson for these Bills players in the years to come.  I mean, that's a loss that is just looming so large right now; it's impact seems to grow as the season goes on.

It's been discussed ad nauseum, but they bought the hype.  That's something good young teams need to learn, imo.  This is still the NFL, and you're not given anything.

Just a different POV a bit, and I understand where you're coming from because I, too, felt that the players were to some extent "reading their clippings" and phoning it in.  I think McDermott knew it too - after the game he said "you've probably heard the same thing (about being humble and hungry) and you're tired of hearing it, too" or something to that effect. 

The Bills were sloppy, and it showed with 118 yds on 12 freakin' penalties.  Unnecessary roughness penalties involved Tre White, Dion Dawkins, AJ Klein, and Tremaine Edmunds.  2 of them are playing on their 2nd contracts, one is a vet, one in his 4th year.  These aren't "young players" who need to learn

The Jags were held to 9 points, 219 yds and only converted 2 of 13 3rd downs.  (Guess how they got a bunch of their 16 first downs).  The D did OK.

But as a contrary point - there is something to be said for pointing a big finger at coaching/game plan

1) If the players were reading their press clippings and the coaches sensed a lack of focus - let's just say some of the best coached teams in the league don't seem to have that problem.  So were the coaches to point a finger at the players in their minds, I would ask "how many fingers point back at you?"

2) We were essentially playing backups at 4 positions on offense - TE, LG, RG, and RT.  Yet we went into the game with a plan for a pass-heavy spread offense that had NOT succeeded in Game 1 or 2 with that personnel grouping at OL (why a change on OL was made and 2 of them became the backups at those positions)

3) Urban Meyer, in his presser that week, called us a "spread offense" and essentially as one of our regulars said "sketched out on a cocktail napkin how to neutralize our offense".  If there's one offense Meyer would know how to shut down - a spread offense would be it.

4) We only ran 14 times - even though it was a tie game (or we had a lead) through most of the game, until late in the 4Q (and see point 3)

5) We had no option for outside runs since our only COP back, Breida, was inactive.

Now - all that said, if Josh doesn't throw a pick on 3rd and 3 at the JAX 25, or fumble on 3rd and 2 at the JAX 37, maybe it's a tie game or a lead and a win.

And of course there were plenty of other mistakes.

But when you combine an offensive game plan that plays into the opponent's understanding and ability to scheme, then play backups at several key positions yet make no apparent alterations in the game plan to attempt to account for this, and add no attempt at a balanced attack despite a close game - I think you have to say there's "plenty of blame to go around"

So I would say it's not just the young players who need to learn something.

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Max Kellermans BOLD prediction on his show today is That the bills will win Monday night. LOLOL 

… mind you we’re 3 pt favorites… you can’t make this trash up. This Pats hype train is to the point that, even as Vegas underdogs, it’s bold to pick against them. Good lord. 

I’m gonna have to hear outside all weekend and split wood or something. I’ve worked myself into a lather today 

3 point favorite at home is basically a pick em..   I cant even get mad at people picking the Pats or hyping them up as the team to beat, I’m more annoyed that our Bills haven’t shut the door on that talk all week due to our own inconsistent play.  

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

3 point favorite at home is basically a pick em..   I cant even get mad at people picking the Pats or hyping them up as the team to beat, I’m more annoyed that our Bills haven’t shut the door on that talk all week due to our own inconsistent play.  

Oh I’m totally fine with somebody picking the pats. That’s fair. But a “bold” prediction to pick the Bills? That’s what we’ve come to? That’s absurd, man. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Agree 2

57 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I’m gonna have to head outside all weekend and split wood or something. I’ve worked myself into a lather today 

Oh, it gets better, Stank. Mike Reiss' bold prediction on ESPN was that Nick Folk's FG streak will come to an end because of the weather. Ya think? I hope it does come to an end but that's your best bold prediction in such a big game?

Here's the link - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32772176/nfl-week-13-game-picks-schedule-guide-fantasy-football-tips-odds-injuries-more#nebuf

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Very frustrating that Star is limited because of his decision, especially considering the decision he made last year. If he misses this game it's going to be tough to stop the Pats run game.

I'm not sure how his contract is and whatnot, but wonder what the chances of Bills moving on from him after this year?

On 12/2/2021 at 4:15 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Heh.  Well, there's a local Italian restaurant in St Louis which serves a pasta they call "The Eviction Notice". 

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/foodblog/2016/01/28/9-months-pregnant-try-frank-papas-eviction-notice-special

I'd see if they could ship some to Hunter Henry's address, but if I were him I wouldn't eat food sent to me by some rand-o, so....

Good find. That actually looks good.

7 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Oh, it gets better, Stank. Mike Reiss' bold prediction on ESPN was that Nick Folk's FG streak will come to an end because of the weather. Ya think? I hope it does come to an end but that's your best bold prediction in such a big game?

Here's the link - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32772176/nfl-week-13-game-picks-schedule-guide-fantasy-football-tips-odds-injuries-more#nebuf

Lol, his definition of "bold" is different from mine that's for sure. If it's crazy wind like that there may not even be any FG attempts. Unless close chip shot types. Otherwise both teams might just go for it on 4th down when in opponents side of field.

Whatever the case, yeah that's a sad so called bold prediction 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I'm not sure how his contract is and whatnot, but wonder what the chances of Bills moving on from him after this year?

He's signed for the next two years with $9M cap hits, of which $6.75 and $6.35 are cash (savings if cut).

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/star-lotulelei-12294/

I don't like the opt-out followed by the sick-out, but Harrison Phillips is an UFA next season, and I have to say Harry has NOT developed as we'd hoped after his rookie year/early second season

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Very frustrating that Star is limited because of his decision, especially considering the decision he made last year. If he misses this game it's going to be tough to stop the Pats run game.

Yeah I think the vehement defenders of Star's decision making over the past couple seasons have gotten a high decibel wake-up call this past month.    

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

I started paying attention to you when you started complaining about Bills fans talking amongst themselves. You are right though, you will be put on ignore. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL there's a freakin' entire THREAD about it, started by Virgil last night.

So what do we have to try to do to beat NE?  I kind of gather all they have to do is show up.

One thing I think the Bills need to do for sure is get their halftime peanut butter sandwiches right.  Cant be giving the guys poorly made sandwiches.

4 hours ago, Success said:

I knew they'd still be competitive w/ BB, and will be as long as he's there.  But the fear factor is gone without Brady.  They're just a good, really well-coached team now.

Brady was the magician.  How many times did we have 4th quarter leads only to see him turn it on when he needed to? Threading needles, throwing 50-yard dimes in the last few minutes - always engineering the drive they HAD to have, at the time they had to have it.

That wasn't Belichick. It was always the combo that made that team so formidable. I have no doubt that BB will put together some contending years w/ Mac Jones as long as he's there, but they're just another team now.

The Pats feel like the Titans now. No one on that team individually terrifies you, but if everything is clicking they’re a team that’s going to give to a tough out. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, uninja said:

The Pats feel like the Titans now. No one on that team individually terrifies you, but if everything is clicking they’re a team that’s going to give to a tough out. 

The Titans have Henry who everyone fears and AJ Brown who is tough to cover.  Without Henry the Titans are reeling.  I can't think of any single player the Pats have who is so critical to their success, but I haven't watched a ton of the Pats this year.  The Titans are toast without Henry and Brown.

37 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

There not a worse organization in all of sports than the patties. I really hope we crush them and make mac jones cry. hes a crier like brady.

They actually run themselves well. But man, those fans.

I spent time checking their boards this week. They're at that point of success where their own team winning is cool, but they take much more enjoyment from the misery of other fanbases.  Probably a coping mechanism for the entire globe hating them, but it ain't pretty.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.