EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

49 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Is there a doctor in the house? Anyone know how to induce labor. I have an idea.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patriots-star-might-skip-a-game-at-some-point-during-crucial-december-stretch-and-heres-why/

Heh.  Well, there's a local Italian restaurant in St Louis which serves a pasta they call "The Eviction Notice". 

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/foodblog/2016/01/28/9-months-pregnant-try-frank-papas-eviction-notice-special

I'd see if they could ship some to Hunter Henry's address, but if I were him I wouldn't eat food sent to me by some rand-o, so....

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, MPL said:

Sheesh—all this talk every week about what this game or that game means for Josh Allen's status. 

I wonder if Broncos fans debated this weekly in the 80s regarding Elway. I wonder if Packers fans felt this anxiety every time Brett Favre took the field in the early 90s. How about Dolphins fans and Marino for 10+ years? 

Or is this just a Buffalo thing because deep down, we expect the rug to be pulled out from beneath us at the last moment? 

It’s a message board thing 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This is, of course, a comment. The players are leaving no doubt of their preference. Watching this unfold is extremely frustrating, knowing Terry and Kim could easily afford a dome without affecting their lifestyle in any way but are simply choosing not to do it.

The team is better in a dome, Allen is better in a dome, future generations aren't going to want to play in the elements any more than this one is, and the elements provide no advantage whatsoever to the Bills.

How do you know how it would effect their lifestyle? why don't you start a go fund me page for 500 million dollars for the dome and see how ya make out

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Fair points. For sure it's way too early to crown Jones the next Brady. However, right now he is effective in the Pats system. Winning six games in a row is an impressive feat despite who they have played. There's lots of talk about Jones and the offense but it's their defense that's formidable. They present a huge problem for the Bills. Make no mistake about that Belicheat will have an awesome game plan to stop the Bills. Imho, Allen will have to be great for the Bills to win. An average Allen won't beat the Pats. How effective will Brown and Feliciano be coming back? Even healthy I'm not convinced the Bills Oline can establish a decent run game or protect Allen. 

Lastly, the pressure isn't on the Pats. All the pressure is on the Bills. They are at home and the resounding pre favorites to win the division and a great chance to play in the super bowl. The Pats are playing with house money.

This game should tell us If he Bills are pretenders or contenders. 

Their defense is great but I don’t think it’s an excellent matchup for them…they seem to really be ravaging teams that rely on a balanced attack to open up the passing game because they’ve been pretty tough to run on. If their defense has a weakness it’s their secondary. I don’t understand how they’re playing with house money…do you mean based on preseason expectations? Like they weren’t supposed to be good so who cares if they don’t win the division? That kind of thinking might work on fans but doesn’t mean anything as far as success this season goes.  A loss would be absolutely devastating for them because they lost to Miami week 1 and we are undefeated in the division…not to mention Miami seemed to give them some trouble week 1 and they have them on the schedule again. A loss hurts them more than it hurts us because we get a rematch against them to get a chance to tie up the head to head and take back the division record tiebreaker and catch up a game.  If they lose they likely have no chance at that division record tiebreaker as we’d have to lose to them in the rematch and dump one against the jets and they would have to beat the dolphins. They’re essentially losing two games if they lose Monday. It would look scary short term to us if we lose but if we end up splitting with them we’re catching up a game and a half in the rematch  because we would own the tiebreaker 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.