EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

5 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

He did, but McCoy wasn't just a speed back.

Again, McCoy wasn't just a speed back. He also played in cold and snow his whole life. 

Also comparing a guy that was a superstar and guy that will get HoF consideration (though I'm not sure he gets in) against a scantly used journeyman is a huge stretch.

Not comparing the two in every way on a football field , that’s no contest. But a quicker , shifty guy CAN have an advantage in snowy conditions. Even  If he’s not that versatile. One cut and the defender, who has to react to the move can be out of the play. You’re picking nits. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Their defense is great but I don’t think it’s an excellent matchup for them…they seem to really be ravaging teams that rely on a balanced attack to open up the passing game because they’ve been pretty tough to run on. If their defense has a weakness it’s their secondary. I don’t understand how they’re playing with house money…do you mean based on preseason expectations? Like they weren’t supposed to be good so who cares if they don’t win the division? That kind of thinking might work on fans but doesn’t mean anything as far as success this season goes.  A loss would be absolutely devastating for them because they lost to Miami week 1 and we are undefeated in the division…not to mention Miami seemed to give them some trouble week 1 and they have them on the schedule again. A loss hurts them more than it hurts us because we get a rematch against them to get a chance to tie up the head to head and take back the division record tiebreaker and catch up a game.  If they lose they likely have no chance at that division record tiebreaker as we’d have to lose to them in the rematch and dump one against the jets and they would have to beat the dolphins. They’re essentially losing two games if they lose Monday. It would look scary short term to us if we lose but if we end up splitting with them we’re catching up a game and a half in the rematch  because we would own the tiebreaker 

Imho, the pressure is squarely on the Bills. Yes, it's largely due to the expectations of each team. I don't think you can minimize that. Fans and media directly effect and pressure organizations. Think of the organizational reaction to the Bills and Pats not making the playoffs? Sure Pats fans and the media will be disappointed but not like in Buffalo. There will be outrage and probably major changes while it's status quo in NE. Tremendous difference and pressure. 

Don't sell the Pats defense short. They are legit. They sack the QB and apply relentless pressure. That has resulted in ints by the so called suspect secondary. Belicheat is A masterful defensive coach. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Of course it is, but he would not have seen White much anyway. He is primarily a slot receiver, no?  Taron Johnson has shut down better receivers than him this year.   Get that overconfidence up my man. 

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Imho, the pressure is squarely on the Bills. Yes, it's largely due to the expectations of each team. I don't think you can minimize that. Fans and media directly effect and pressure organizations. Think of the organizational reaction to the Bills and Pats not making the playoffs? Sure Pats fans and the media will be disappointed but not like in Buffalo. There will be outrage and probably major changes while it's status quo in NE. Tremendous difference and pressure.

Where do you live?

Status quo in NE is not just playoffs, it's deep into the playoffs every season.  One year of missed playoffs last year and there were all sorts of calls for heads and rolls.

I think you more or less have it backwards. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Where do you live?

Status quo in NE is not just playoffs, it's deep into the playoffs every season.  One year of missed playoffs last year and there were all sorts of calls for heads and rolls.

I think you more or less have it backwards. 

Maybe I do. 

• Disagree 1

Okay so let's say the weather forecast is right and Orchard Park is hit with Snowmageddon.  Winds are gusting to 55 mph and heavy snow is falling.  Can we all agree that there isn't going to be much of a passing game?  But what little passing there will be would favor the Bills and their strong armed QB. And while the Pats have a better running game they don't have a stud RB.  So the difference could come down to which of the two QB's can run the ball.  Under these conditions the safest plays will be QB runs up the middle and around both ends.  And which QB has an advantage if the game devolves into this?  I would say Allen and it's not close.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I find it strange….Why wouldn’t you practice and prepare outside in real, weather conditions? 

In defense of McD the idea is to get the game plan installed.  And that's easier to do inside then outside in bad weather.  Also, was the weather in Orchard park bad enough to mimic what might be happening Monday night?  If not then there really isn't much of an advantage to practicing outside.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

In defense of McD the idea is to get the game plan installed.  And that's easier to do inside then outside in bad weather.  Also, was the weather in Orchard park bad enough to mimic what might be happening Monday night?  If not then there really isn't much of an advantage to practicing outside.

they would have to practice in this fo

mimic Monday:

Installing High Speed GIF

• Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Well considering the team mostly looks like ***** in bad weather games I don’t think it’s a bad idea…. Practice how you play…. That goes for weather/field conditions as well…. I’ll go with GOAT HC on this one.

Day to day I would say that the weather in Boston is better then Buffalo in December.  So it's a bit apples & oranges as to where they decide to practice.  I doubt Belechik is outdoors if the weather sucks.

And why do you say the Bills don't play well in bad weather? They played very well against Houston & KC which was the worst weather they played in.

17 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I find this very interesting.

Yeah that's kinda strange. But keep hearing Bills are used to the bad weather there. Well seems like this roster isn't very much. Anyways, it may be just this practice was in doors and next will be out. Who knows...

13 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

This is an early playoff game on MNF...the stage doesn't get much bigger to have the entire NFL world watching.

Just glad the Bills are getting some key players back in the lineup. 

Yep. I just picked the Bills -2.5 in my weekly football pool.

17 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Belichick seems to do just fine getting his gameplan installed outside.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Ok, well what else would you say he was? He certainly took quite a few long distance to the house for the TD. I consider that a RB with speed myself. Also he took a few all the way for TD's in snow games multiple times. So we agree he was a speed RB, what else was he then? Certainly not a bruiser type. Guess you could call him a dancer? 

I would call him a balanced RB that could also run with power for his size. The thing with Shady was he was never a "speed" guy. More shifty than fast even in his Eagle days. Yes, hey could take some to the house....but I've seen Singletary rip off long TD runs. Would you classify him as a speed back as well? 

• Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Belichick seems to do just fine getting his gameplan installed outside.

McD isn't Bellicheck in his defense Sean is a system and process Coach like a Quarterback.  He can only go so far as to what the management can lay out for him and what fits inside his Dr. Sheldon Cooper philosophy.  Something like this has an ill-omen attached to it and basically feels like waving a white flag and asking not to be hurt by either the Patriots or the weather.

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not comparing the two in every way on a football field , that’s no contest. But a quicker , shifty guy CAN have an advantage in snowy conditions. Even  If he’s not that versatile. One cut and the defender, who has to react to the move can be out of the play. You’re picking nits. 

No, I'm actually agreeing with you here. Shifty. That's the key. Snowy conditions and speed can often times be neutralized. Shady had all-world level shiftiness. Breida isn't at that level in my opinion. We also saw another RB do well in that snow game. Fella named Frank Gore. No speed. He did pretty well as well. Looking back, man was that game amazing for fans who enjoy RB play...lol

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I would call him a balanced RB that could also run with power for his size. The thing with Shady was he was never a "speed" guy. More shifty than fast even in his Eagle days. Yes, hey could take some to the house....but I've seen Singletary rip off long TD runs. Would you classify him as a speed back as well? 

When did this happen? Clearly I must have missed it...unless you are considering 20-25 yards as "ripping off a long TD run". Most Devin has is a 51 yard and a 40 yard. But a 75 yarder is out running a defense, which would take "speed" to do. McCoy has taken anywhere from 45-75 yards for a score . Lol, at you implying Singletary has "long" TD runs comparing to McCoy.

McCoy's ability to to out run the defense for 75 yards alone absolutely makes him a speed back. Not sure if you're just trying to find anything to argue about, but only other thing you can describe him as would be "shifty". But was absolutely a speed back that was a threat to take it all the way 

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 1

I want four feet on Sunday in orchard park so we can play in Detroit again.  God it sucks.  We build a team best suited for a Dome in the windiest city in the NFL.  That’s on McBeane.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I want four feet on Sunday in orchard park so we can play in Detroit again.  God it sucks.  We build a team best suited for a Dome in the windiest city in the NFL.  That’s on McBeane.

All we need is a better OL / RB and we could be great anywhere 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Cold and snow isn't normally a good thing for a speedy back. Wondering if Moss is going to be active as a game plan specific play. 

what has Moss done to deserve dressing? I get he is suppose to be the physical back, but not so sure his style aligns with how the line blocks well. I Could be way off base. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.