Tre White knee injury UPDATE: Out for the Season Notification top of page 1

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Look at Harry, he was back the September after, but not very effective all year and he tore his in October.  Usually they say it's a full year to get back to where you were prior.  If it's MCL, then may be faster??

I think this may mean we draft a CB in round 1.  White may be a strong #2 CB next season, but would be nervous with his as the #1.  By 2023, should be OK IMO.

Harry also stinks at football. You can't compare the two. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Dukestreetking said:

This is a good point. In my experience (x3), it is a 1.5-2yr full recovery. Obviously I'm not a pro athlete but I'm very active.

After 3 mo, you can run (linear) movement w/o many issues; hell, I tore for 3rd time in Iraq and still stayed for couple months.

Everything else is building back quickness and movement, both mentally and physically.

I believe @Hapless Bills Fanhad one or more and would be interested in his take.

*for emphasis: we still don't know what this injury is.

Negative, must be someone else you’re confusing me with 

I’m trying to pump the brakes and wait to find out what the injury is before worrying about the timeline

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I’m trying to pump the brakes and wait to find out what the injury is before worrying about the timeline

Copy...I remember this lengthy debate re Beaz last year and mixed up some names.

And definitely pump brakes... this why I emphasized that we don't know yet.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yup, I’m not worrying about it till we have more info. No point really, just hoping for the best of course. 

They could get an all reconstructed and rehabbed in 6 months.

The problem is building back the necessary strength in the supporting muscles, mainly the quadriceps.   There is also a mental thing to overcome.  They harvested my patellar tendon for it too (the most secure/strongest option), and it took a year for the feeling of stiffness to go away there.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

Who do we think starts in place of Tre? Edit: probably move Taron outside and play Siran Neal in the slot. 

Whoever it is I suspect we're going to have to get used to a steady diet of cover 2 moving forward. Or maybe we'll just start blitzing every down. 

Edited by VW82

57 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Look at Harry, he was back the September after, but not very effective all year and he tore his in October.  Usually they say it's a full year to get back to where you were prior.  If it's MCL, then may be faster??

I think this may mean we draft a CB in round 1.  White may be a strong #2 CB next season, but would be nervous with his as the #1.  By 2023, should be OK IMO.

Totally disagree. One injury on defense doesn’t change the fact that interior offensive line still isn’t the biggest need. Heck, with Breida on a one year deal, I would argue that offensive playmaker might be a bigger need as well. 

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Harrison Phillips just isn’t a good player. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, loedward22 said:

The pessimist in me says this is because it's bad news and probably there's a second opinion being gathered..

I’m not a doctor, but in this situation I wonder if second opinion would be good news.  It’s either torn, or it’s not.  Second opinion might be relevant if there is a partial tear, or if it is sprained. 

If it’s a torn ACL, typically they know from testing by the team docs right away.   Then, the MRI confirms it.  

I’m assuming we’ll hear something today.   I can’t remember too many, if any, of these injuries to star players that went beyond the next day with no news. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.