Tre White knee injury UPDATE: Out for the Season Notification top of page 1

YoloinOhio

51 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

1. Theory does not work in general. You can win SB with 1 elite player (QB) and otherwise great team, or you can win with 5 elite players and average team, as well as average QB and elite defense. There are many ways.

I disagree. There are many way in terms of where your elite players are - they normally (but not always) include a Quarterback - but if you only have 1 elite player the you can't win a Superbowl. I think 3 is right on the limit of the minimum and generally you need at least 4. 

52 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

2. Even if you were right, are you sure that when the playoff comes, we will not have 3-4 elite players again? Are you sure that Poyer is not elite player already? And are you sure other will not be when January comes? What about Oliver? Edmunds? Knox? I'd say we are not very far from the moment when we can say that either of them is a difference maker.

I mean could one of those guys break into that category? Sure. Is it likely it happens in the next 6 week? Not really. 

55 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

3. If you say that you need 3-4 elite players to win SB, who will even represent AFC in SB? The only team which fits the condition are Chiefs imo (Mahomes, Hill, Kelce). Are you saying that we will not be able to beat them anymore without Tre? As for other teams, who are these 3-4 elite players on Ravens? Titans? Patriots? Chargers? Bengals? I don't see more than 2 on any AFC team. There are couple of NFC teams which have 3-4 elite players, but I seriously doubt that AFC team (whoever it is) will not stand a chance due to having of less elite players.

I think it is a fair point. The AFC is morass of averageness at the moment. If I had to put money now on a team to make it to the Superbowl I would go with the Chiefs on the basis they have been there before and I know they have those elite guys - not just the three you mention but Joe Thuney and Chris Jones since the Chiefs gave up on the ridiculous experiment of playing their best defender out of position. I think you can make an argument for Tennessee when everyone is healthy - Lewan, Simmons, Henry and Brown - but they are injury ravaged at the moment. 

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

4. Are you sure that all SB teams had at least 3 elite players? Granted I am no expert, but which truly elite players had 2017 Eagles? 2015 Broncos? I am only asking about last 6 years, since I haven't followed NFL before, so I am sure same question could be asked about many teams before.

2017 Eagles definitely did - their elite players were in the trenches - Kelce, Brooks and Johnson on the oline and Fletcher Cox on the dline. The 2015 Broncos had Demaryius Thomas still in his pomp on offense and then Von Miller, Chris Harris and Aquib Talib on defense. I'd argue Talib was not quite in that true elite class so they maybe only had 3. They are also a strange one to evaluate anyway because they had an elite brain at Quarterback even if he couldn't throw anymore. It was like having your offensive coordinator on the field to get you into the perfect run to expose the call the defense had in. 

I just think the only guy we have that allows us to dictate to the opposition on defense is Tre White. Without him, I just feel we will come up short in the big spots because we will have less flexibility in terms of how we use the safeties and I just don't know if our offense has, at the moment, been consistent enough to bail us out. 

On 11/26/2021 at 11:16 AM, Joe Ferguson said:

How did he do against Titans and Colts? How did the Bucs beat Patrick Mahomes in the Super Bowl, were their cornerbacks better than Tre? We are blowing this Tre injury way out of proportion. Dane Jackson will fill in nicely for him. Not worried at all.

Losing tre will def affect the defense when playing teams like tampa,kc,chargers,cowboys,packers etc....teams with elite wr 1 will absolutely be more dangerous without tre....i think the way we neutralize losing tre isnt by who we replace him with....its our offense has to now play to its 2020 form and become dynamic......the pressure is on daboll,allen and the entire offense to pick up the slack and start to play championship complimentary football

Agree that they need somebody. I'm checking what's likely a very out of date FA list and it's still a wasteland. Only hope might be an old FA like Prince Amukamara or Buster Skrine. There's nobody out there. There is somebody named Picasso Nelson, however.

10 hours ago, Nelius said:

Agree that they need somebody. I'm checking what's likely a very out of date FA list and it's still a wasteland. Only hope might be an old FA like Prince Amukamara or Buster Skrine. There's nobody out there. There is somebody named Picasso Nelson, however.

I just saw skrine playing for someone this weekend 

On 11/28/2021 at 1:16 PM, Billever76 said:

Losing tre will def affect the defense when playing teams like tampa,kc,chargers,cowboys,packers etc....teams with elite wr 1 will absolutely be more dangerous without tre....i think the way we neutralize losing tre isnt by who we replace him with....its our offense has to now play to its 2020 form and become dynamic......the pressure is on daboll,allen and the entire offense to pick up the slack and start to play championship complimentary football

True but the Packers minus Jaire had no issue with the Rams or Arizona or being a top 5 Defense all year oh and their best pass rusher is gone to.

This is on the coaches and team leaders to rally everyone.  That they'll be zero excuses.  Team game 1/11.  

• Agree 1

goodfellas GIF

Tre White's knee injury was revenge for benching Doug Flutie for an unproven Rob Johnson, and a lot of other things. And there was nothing that we could do about it. Flutie Flakes was a made man, and Rob wasn't. And we had to sit still and take it. It was among the NFL Gods. It was real grease ball crap. They even let WR John Brown get hot in the face so his mother couldn't give him an open hug upon his 3rd team release.

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.