Maybe we needs the "Bickering Bills"?

Billsfanatixs

Different isn't always good. This is one of those cases.

3 hours ago, Mc1320 said:

Interesting how you don’t hear anyone touting “The Process” right now.

Not especially. You don't hear anyone talking kumquats right now either. They're not talking process now because nobody's asking them right now how they do it.

They still do talk about stuff that is essentially the process when asked, stuff like the 24 hour rule, stuff like one game at a time, stuff like getting better every day. They do that because it's the best way to get better.

It's not going to lead to perfection, or undefeated seasons. But working as hard as possible to get better is what they should be doing. They will.

Edited by Thurman#1

3 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

Back in the Superbowl years, or just prior if I recall correctly, the call outs of players not digging deep enough lead to 4 Superbowl appearances. 

Who is the leader of this team?  Allen can be.. one day.  Right now I just don’t see it.  Teams need veteran leadership but who is that guy for the Bills?  Therein lies the dilemma.  Don’t  get me started on the coaching staff again.  I’ve said enough about McDIMWITT after Sunday to last a full season.  Well.. maybe.

I remember reading an article about Dick Butkus, after a loss the players were scared to go in the locker room

He would throw furniture, kick in lockers,

He even started fights with his own players

image.png.d20813581957fd023c4923bd7e79eb5d.png

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I remember reading an article about Dick Butkus, after a loss the players were scared to go in the locker room

Those were the days when men were men, not coddled children. Nowadays,  you have man-children being slapped on the back, saying everything will be ok when they screw up, instead of being kicked in the ass.

Even though we hate the "evil empire", you would never see Bellicheat clapping on the sidelines. 

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

And yet they never made the playoffs with him on the Bears

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

They still do talk about stuff that is essentially the process when asked, stuff like the 24 hour rule, stuff like one game at a time, stuff like getting better every day. They do that because it's the best way to get better.

Exactly.  They talk process all the time.  Recent one is “we’re not going ride the roller coaster”

Now that they’re not playing well.  No one wants to hear it.  Fans want see McD, Allen, or one of the vets on D yell and hear about players getting their ass chewed out.

Right orb wrong it’s not the mentality of the team.

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Different isn't always good. This is one of those cases.

Not especially. You don't hear anyone talking kumquats right now either. They're not talking process now because nobody's asking them right now how they do it.

It's not going to lead to perfection, or undefeated seasons. But working as hard as possible to get better is what they should be doing. They will.

So this vaunted “process” is basically tired old football bromides that have been mindlessly spouted by losing teams since the beginning of time?  Perfect. 

6 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Who is the leader of this team?  Allen can be.. one day.  Right now I just don’t see it.  Teams need veteran leadership but who is that guy for the Bills?  Therein lies the dilemma.  Don’t  get me started on the coaching staff again.  I’ve said enough about McDIMWITT after Sunday to last a full season.  Well.. maybe.

Was saying Sunday that this team doesn't have a Kyle Williams type. Or a Zo type. The kind of player that when they speak everyone pays attention. Poyer and Hyde, to their credit seem to be trying to fill that role but I don't think they have the same amount of clout that a Kyle Williams would bring. 

This years team just doesn't seem as close knit as they have been. Players that we have let walk like Shaq Lawson, John Brown and Jordan Phillips...while limited on the field brought a lot of unity to the team and have we have yet to replace that. 

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

Back in the Superbowl years, or just prior if I recall correctly, the call outs of players not digging deep enough lead to 4 Superbowl appearances. 

I get your point , but it was more the opposite.  The year they were coined the Bickering Bills, they took a step backwards and got knocked out earlier.  After that they stopped the infighting and went to 4 Super Bowls.

36 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I suspect, that is happening behind the scenes..

Yeah would tend to agree.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Was saying Sunday that this team doesn't have a Kyle Williams type. Or a Zo type. The kind of player that when they speak everyone pays attention. Poyer and Hyde, to their credit seem to be trying to fill that role but I don't think they have the same amount of clout that a Kyle Williams would bring. 

This years team just doesn't seem as close knit as they have been. Players that we have let walk like Shaq Lawson, John Brown and Jordan Phillips...while limited on the field brought a lot of unity to the team and have we have yet to replace that. 

I heard Mitch Morse’s comments after the Jags debacle and I get the impression that his comments may have been a little annoying to the coaching staff.  He said that they need a new approach because obviously whatever they’re doing is not working.  His body language and tone came off authentic. He didn’t seem like he was just answering questions.  The man seemed concerned and frustrated with his own play and the bigger picture.  He also called out the entire offense and said they need to look inwards and that they consider themselves to be professionals but they didn’t play like it.  Maybe if everyone on the team felt the same way..

Edited by KeLLy1278
  • Like (+1) 2

It seems to me there are two types of fans right now.  The clean pristine types who never want to remember the Bickering Bills of having what real leadership.  And, the fans who view it as not throwing hissy fits but getting the most of themselves and their teammates.  I'm apologizing that this isn't some closed down old time New England Boston-era social circle.  This is what fans are, we party, we love our team, we bicker back and forth, and we enjoy emotion.  This whole thing of pomp and circumstance really is a ridiculous dysfunctional experiment.  Condescending attitudes really do drive people straight off the boards and away from the fandom.

Now, my emotions are generally for the honor of having had my Great-Uncle Bob ZIehm play in the backfield for the AAFC 1947 Championship team and my Grandfather would've in the defensive backfield as a safety until Korea.  So, pardon me for not seeing eye to eye with prim and proper fandoms.

5 hours ago, freddyjj said:

And yet they never made the playoffs with him on the Bears

That was Dick Butkus’s fault?  A man who did the work of three.. arguably the single best defensive player in NFL history.  Yeah I’ll take him and his attitude to light a fire under this team’s ass.  The Bills were trash in the 70s. How many wins did they tally vS the fish in that decade?  Should we point fingers at O.J. Simpson?  He wasn’t good enough?  

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

Very true, that sold a lot of Buffalo News newspapers back in the day!

5 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

That was Dick Butkus’s fault?  A man who did the work of three.. arguably the single best defensive player in NFL history.  Yeah I’ll take him and his attitude to light a fire under this team’s ass.  The Bills were trash in the 70s. How many wins did they tally vS the fish in that decade?  Should we point fingers at O.J. Simpson?  He wasn’t good enough?  

Relax.   Just stated a fact.   I loved Butkus as a player too.  You need all 3 parts of a team to win consistently in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.