So, 8 games in, here’s what I think…

eball

Well it seems to me that this may not be a "one or the other" situation when it comes to the offense.

The OL is playing poorly.  That's a fact.

Talent, coaching and play calling all factor in.

The RBs are playing poorly.  Sure the OL is a big factor in that be not the only one.

Both Singletary and Moss cannot get to the edge.  That's a fact and makes run defense much easier for teams.

The Bills running game is totally one dimensional.

I'll repeat my views that I would like to see.   3 RBs dress for every game.  I want a speedy back, a big power back and an all around back.

The weekly opponent determines who gets the most snaps that week. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Well it seems to me that this may not be a "one or the other" situation when it comes to the offense.

The OL is playing poorly.  That's a fact.

Talent, coaching and play calling all factor in.

The RBs are playing poorly.  Sure the OL is a big factor in that be not the only one.

Both Singletary and Moss cannot get to the edge.  That's a fact and makes run defense much easier for teams.

The Bills running game is totally one dimensional.

I'll repeat my views that I would like to see.   3 RBs dress for every game.  I want a speedy back, a big power back and an all around back.

The weekly opponent determines who gets the most snaps that week. 

I definitely feel like it's time to give Matt Breida some snaps.

Moss and Singletary have shown that they can be effective backs. The problem is that neither is good enough to transcend a woeful offensive line. Elite running backs can sometimes do that. Moss and Singletary, obviously are not elite.

Matt Breida obviously isn't elite, either, but perhaps his world class speed can make up for some of the offensive line struggles. Whereas Moss and Singletary's "good runs" these days seem to mean a 4 yard gain, perhaps Breida's speed would enable him to turn that 4 yards into 14 yards. Moss and Singletary simply don't have the speed to easily get past the second level of the defense.

One thing's for sure: it would be hard for Breida to be any worse than what we've seen the past few weeks.

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

The line is atrocious.  That we can agree on.  Still, Singletary has one 100 yard game and 5 TDs in his 3 year career.  Moss has zero.  How many years are you going to evaluate?

In Marshawn Lynch’s final season and a half in Buffalo, many people on this board said he was too slow and not really all that good. It turns out that the advanced stats showed that he led all RBs the league in being hit behind the LOS in terms of percentage. People were happy to see him go not just for the off-field stuff, but because they felt he was mediocre and a worse player than Fred Jackson. Lynch will be in the HOF eventually.

You see where I’m going with this. The Bills RBs aren’t the real problem.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

In Marshawn Lynch’s final season and a half in Buffalo, many people on this board said was too slow and not really all that good. It turns out that the advanced stats showed that he led all RBs the league in being hit behind the LOS in terms of percentage. People were happy to see him go not just for the off-field stuff, but because they felt he was mediocre and a worse player than Fred Jackson. Lynch will be in the HOF eventually.

I know, it's Ralph Wilson!

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

I definitely feel like it's time to give Matt Breida some snaps.

Moss and Singletary have shown that they can be effective backs. The problem is that neither is good enough to transcend a woeful offensive line. Elite running backs can sometimes do that. Moss and Singletary, obviously are not elite.

Matt Breida obviously isn't elite, either, but perhaps his world class speed can make up for some of the offensive line struggles. Whereas Moss and Singletary's "good runs" these days seem to mean a 4 yard gain, perhaps Breida's speed would enable him to turn that 4 yards into 14 yards. Moss and Singletary simply don't have the speed to easily get past the second level of the defense.

One thing's for sure: it would be hard for Breida to be any worse than what we've seen the past few weeks.

I agree he should dress and get another shot.  4 snaps in the Pittsburgh game is not enough for an evaluation IMO.

The whole situation will have to wait for next season but you got to try to use what you have this season.

If he is worthless (as some here suggest) then move on from him and elevate Antonio Williams.

Beane, McDermott and Daboll have to attempt a fix because the status quo is not working and it's giving teams a good starting

point to game plan against.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, eball said:
  • We currently have an average (at best) OL, but Dawkins is a good player, Morse is a good player, and Brown shows promise.  Williams looks passable at RG.  Cody Ford should never see the field again.  I’d like to see Bates get in there.  The problem seems to be a lack of identity and an inability to transition from pass blocking to run blocking; I am not savvy enough to understand if this is an issue of talent or coaching, but I’m leaning towards the latter.
  • We have RBs who do not strike fear into any defense, mostly because they can’t get more than a 1/2 yard past the LOS before encountering contact.
  • We have a top 5 QB who tries to (and usually can) do everything to will his team to victory.
  • We have a top 5 WR corps.
  • We have a top 5 defense.
  • We have a top 5 placekicker.

1. Dawkins has stunk this year. A definite regression. Morse is 'ok' but we know he struggles to anchor against large DTs. Daryl Williams is playing like the guy who blew out his knee in Carolina now. Feliciano is bad, Ford is a bust. 

The narrative after Week 1 against the Steelers was, nobody else has those type of players on the Defensive Line to do that to the Bills. This has been exposed as false. Our line is just a bad offensive line. Josh makes it look easy as he gets out of most pressure. 

2. Our RBs are slow. Just like their Scouting Reports said. I liked the idea of dumping McCoy and ending this reverent attitude towards him. I think Moss stinks. I think he is a slow plodder. I think the Bills become obsessed at times getting him the ball, immediately taking Singletary off the field in the Red Zone. 

3. Allen is around the Top 5 I agree. His competitive fire is fun to watch. I loved that run against Tennessee on 3rd-6, he did everything it took to try and win that game. I feel like his arm is somewhat overrated, and not the clear runaway leader in the league, but he is a playmaker with escapability. 

There are these conversations I don't think are true, that Josh can be confused. I think we have no run game, and sometimes asking Josh to be our leader, leading rusher, elite passer, avoid sacks, takes it's toll. 

We have no deep ball, and haven't since 2018 with Foster. Josh doesn't throw it accurately, and we don't have the WRs for this. 

4. Top 5? I don't think so. Diggs disappears too often this season. He dominated targets last year. This year, its 6-60. Sanders is alright, Beasley is alright, but neither guy can carry the offense. Gabe Davis has regressed due to no playing time. And after that there are no up and coming players. Isaiah McKenzie has been rendered useless in this offense. 

Would you rather have the Bengals group, or the Chargers, or the Cowboys, or the Rams, or the 49ers, Bucs or Cardinals? The Bills need to add a physical mismatch. I think we're trending back towards the smurfs. 

We do not have an AJ Brown or DK Metcalf. Diggs is a middle depth possession WR. 

5. Defense, I agree with you, with the caveat that our Defensive Line will probably not get pressure in Playoff games. They struggle to generate sacks. But the Back 7 is strong, save an injury to White. Veteran group that has been kept intact. 

6. Agree, I like Bass.  

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I agree he should dress and get another shot.  4 snaps in the Pittsburgh game is not enough for an evaluation IMO.

The whole situation will have to wait for next season but you got to try to use what you have this season.

If he is worthless (as some here suggest) then move on from him and elevate Antonio Williams.

Beane, McDermott and Daboll have to attempt a fix because the status quo is not working and it's giving teams a good starting

point to game plan against.

Additionally, with teams employing the "Cover 2 shell" strategy against Buffalo and forcing lots of underneath passes, Breida might be more of a weapon as a receiver. Allen threw quite a few passes to Singletary on Sunday. No one seriously thinks Singletary is any kind of run-after-catch threat. Breida at least MIGHT be, given his speed.

I agree with you: The status quo is not working. They've got to try SOMETHING new.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Additionally, with teams employing the "Cover 2 shell" strategy against Buffalo and forcing lots of underneath passes, Breida might be more of a weapon as a receiver. Allen threw quite a few passes to Singletary on Sunday. No one seriously thinks Singletary is any kind of run-after-catch threat. Breida at least MIGHT be, given his speed.

I agree with you: The status quo is not working. They've got to try SOMETHING new.

It makes sense too that when opposing Ds don't fear the outside of the tackle runs the DEs/OLBs can forget about their contain

roles and tee off more on pass rushes.  Yes something has to be attempted to repair this as best as possible.

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

In Marshawn Lynch’s final season and a half in Buffalo, many people on this board said he was too slow and not really all that good. It turns out that the advanced stats showed that he led all RBs the league in being hit behind the LOS in terms of percentage. People were happy to see him go not just for the off-field stuff, but because they felt he was mediocre and a worse player than Fred Jackson. Lynch will be in the HOF eventually.

If thats the case Dave, how come neither Devin or Moss could bust a cover 2?  Any RB worth his salt should be able to bust a cover 2 IMO

6 hours ago, eball said:
  • We currently have an average (at best) OL, but Dawkins is a good player, Morse is a good player, and Brown shows promise.  Williams looks passable at RG.  Cody Ford should never see the field again.  I’d like to see Bates get in there.  The problem seems to be a lack of identity and an inability to transition from pass blocking to run blocking; I am not savvy enough to understand if this is an issue of talent or coaching, but I’m leaning towards the latter.
  • We have RBs who do not strike fear into any defense, mostly because they can’t get more than a 1/2 yard past the LOS before encountering contact.
  • We have a top 5 QB who tries to (and usually can) do everything to will his team to victory.
  • We have a top 5 WR corps.
  • We have a top 5 defense.
  • We have a top 5 placekicker.

With the above combination the Bills are most certainly still a legitimate Super Bowl contender, but they have flaws on offense the coaching staff must scheme around.  Daboll needs to look at what the OL can and can’t do, understand the way defenses are playing us, and devise a plan early in games to get the defense into the looks we want to see.  He also needs to adjust during the game.  He did this against Miami; I have no explanation for why he did not against Jacksonville.

I knew this place would be a wreck after Sunday’s game.  It was disgusting to watch.  I’m not buying the “they didn’t care enough” b.s. (I mean, look at how the defense played) but someone needs to light a fire under the OL and get them to show some pride in what they are doing.  How can they look at Josh taking a beating, and the way he addressed the media after the game, and not take it personally?

I look forward to seeing what Bills team comes out on Sunday against a team we should most certainly handle.  It will say a great deal about the rest of the season.

Cheers.

Awesome write up man. I agree with everything you said except I think we have a far below average o line. But seriously, it's nice to see level headed thinkers and not just cryasses everywhere. Teams have bad games. Brady/Rodgers/Manning all have had AWFUL games. Josh will bounce back, might not be this week but he will.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

1. Dawkins has stunk this year. A definite regression. Morse is 'ok' but we know he struggles to anchor against large DTs. Daryl Williams is playing like the guy who blew out his knee in Carolina now. Feliciano is bad, Ford is a bust. 

The narrative after Week 1 against the Steelers was, nobody else has those type of players on the Defensive Line to do that to the Bills. This has been exposed as false. Our line is just a bad offensive line. Josh makes it look easy as he gets out of most pressure. 

2. Our RBs are slow. Just like their Scouting Reports said. I liked the idea of dumping McCoy and ending this reverent attitude towards him. I think Moss stinks. I think he is a slow plodder. I think the Bills become obsessed at times getting him the ball, immediately taking Singletary off the field in the Red Zone. 

3. Allen is around the Top 5 I agree. His competitive fire is fun to watch. I loved that run against Tennessee on 3rd-6, he did everything it took to try and win that game. I feel like his arm is somewhat overrated, and not the clear runaway leader in the league, but he is a playmaker with escapability. 

There are these conversations I don't think are true, that Josh can be confused. I think we have no run game, and sometimes asking Josh to be our leader, leading rusher, elite passer, avoid sacks, takes it's toll. 

We have no deep ball, and haven't since 2018 with Foster. Josh doesn't throw it accurately, and we don't have the WRs for this. 

4. Top 5? I don't think so. Diggs disappears too often this season. He dominated targets last year. This year, its 6-60. Sanders is alright, Beasley is alright, but neither guy can carry the offense. Gabe Davis has regressed due to no playing time. And after that there are no up and coming players. Isaiah McKenzie has been rendered useless in this offense. 

Would you rather have the Bengals group, or the Chargers, or the Cowboys, or the Rams, or the 49ers, Bucs or Cardinals? The Bills need to add a physical mismatch. I think we're trending back towards the smurfs. 

We do not have an AJ Brown or DK Metcalf. Diggs is a middle depth possession WR. 

5. Defense, I agree with you, with the caveat that our Defensive Line will probably not get pressure in Playoff games. They struggle to generate sacks. But the Back 7 is strong, save an injury to White. Veteran group that has been kept intact. 

6. Agree, I like Bass.  

I agree with a lot here, minus the Allen arm talent critique.. his arm is absolutely absurd and he's been throwing the deep ball better.

I particularly agree with your view of our WR's.  We have a good group, but we also overrate them.  And much like defenses have been able to slow down Hill, they've also been able to do so (to a degree) with Diggs.  Both guys have elite traits:  Diggs - Route Running and Hill - Speed, but neither has the intimidating physical factor that is always open.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Agree on Ford…. Abysmal 👿

Seemed like a couple times,in the Jags game, Motor had a beautiful hole and cut it back into a defender. Seems to be a “vision” issue. He also runs square into defenders. He never seems to work angles at point of contact.

My receiver/offensive scheme problem is this: We don’t get YAC. 
Diggs will go down instead of accepting contact. Sometimes I think this is prudent but other times there is a potential seam between defenders and he doesn’t try to exploit it.

Beasely runs in a circle and falls… always. 
   Sanders has blocking issues( last game at least)

Daboll needs to scheme more shallow crossers and slants and we need to take the shorter stuff by design sometimes.

This tells me it's coaching. 

If the line can't hold their blocks for the mid to deep passes then change the calls. Work that short passing game to just move the chains.

You know... like the Patriots do...since the Bills are running their offense or at least have their playbook. 

The thing is that Patriots scheme "Erhardt-Perkins" used a "smash mouth" running attack. Throw to score, run to win. Run play action to setup the deep pass. The Bills don't have any of this and just go with the deep passing part of that offense.

Unless Daboll gets his head right... I just don't see this team sweeping the Patriots this year...or even the Jets.

NFL Teams simply can't be one dimensional as opponents figure out how to stop that passing offense ... and then what? Keep passing like they did against the Jags, Steelers?

Like I mentioned in another thread. The way to defeat that cover 2 shell is to work the TE. Tommy Sweeny saw only 2 targets for 2 catches all game against the Jags.

Inability to adapt to what opponents are doing to stop you...COACHING! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I'd like to see how many OLs hold up on pass pro, consistently, when dropping back 50x and running only 10x a game.  

McDermott said the equivalent, we need better balance.

I put this squarely on Daboll to scheme a better run game, and/or mix in the playaction and rollouts.  I mean we only have a huge/mobile Qb, yet drop into shotgun for almost all our plays.  

We tried to come out in 12 personnel and playaction in 2nd half, but had a false start.  This is what we need to be mixing in more of, get creative with formations, etc.  

way too much reliance on Josh talent this year, and just leaving our OL out to dry when the Dline glean pin their ears back and LBs can drop into their hook/curl zones

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think we have a bad Oline. When it plays at its best it is sort of average. On its bad days like Sunday it is a total liability.

EDIT: I should also say while I agree Dion is a good player he hasn't looked right all year to me. We had a centre half at Arsenal last year get a bad bout of Covid at xmas and after 2 months out he came back and was not nearly the same player. Took him the summer break and the new season to get back to his level. I have to believe we are not going to see Dion at his true level in 2021. 

It is amazing how much better this OL would look if we had solid OG play

2 hours ago, Pete said:

If thats the case Dave, how come neither Devin or Moss could bust a cover 2?  Any RB worth his salt should be able to bust a cover 2 IMO

Because the line is blocking so poorly that they are getting hit immediately. They did bust a cover 2 last season vs NE when they ground the Pats into dust. The Pats were playing to stop the pass all game. The line has really been playing badly. I will confess to really liking Moss’s game - he is a downhill, punishing runner, but the situation right now sucks for him. Put him on the Browns as a starter, and people would be talking pro bowl for him.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/9/2021 at 11:46 AM, Pete said:

The line is atrocious.  That we can agree on.  Still, Singletary has one 100 yard game and 5 TDs in his 3 year career.  Moss has zero.  How many years are you going to evaluate?

All running behind, essentially, the same group of OL personnel with variations in their combinations.

On 11/9/2021 at 7:36 AM, BuffaloRebound said:

I suspect if we lose to the Jets, we’ll find out how the offense feels about the coaching.  Zero balance and no commitment to the run… my guess is the O-Line feels like they’re not put in a position to succeed.  They’re certainly playing that way.  

We run the ball a good amount it’s just so ineffective that fans don’t seem to notice lol our rbs are getting hit behind the LOS on every carry. I think we’d be better if we ran the ball less at this point honestly…our run blocking is not good enough to force the defense to put extra guys in the box anyway and we are just throwing downs away with 1 yard carries on first and/or second down and it’s forcing us into 3rd and medium - long when our oline has been bad pass blocking too. A recipe for disaster. 

On 11/9/2021 at 12:28 PM, ColoradoBills said:

That may be true but a variety of running back skills may lessen the issues.  It's mid season and it seems to me you can't just

give up the running game.

I have the displeasure of being in giants fan territory and saquon is completely wasted behind their offensive line when healthy. He was supposedly a generational rb talent

Great post, and I agree w/ the overall assessment.

I think the question that most of us have:  are the deficiencies on the line and at RB fatal flaws, that could prevent us from winning it all this year?  I can definitely see a situation where both areas are the main focus of the offseason, and (if we can limit personnel losses), we go into 2022 as a true SB contender, with few if any identifiable weaknesses.

Obviously, not every SB champion has been perfect & without flaws.  I still think the Bills CAN make a run this season, and win a Lombardi.  But overcoming the flaws we have will take great creativity, and some of the stronger units on the team to pick up the slack.

The more I hear the talk about Daboll and the offensive coaches like Bobby Johnson being a big part of the problem, the more I think that is the likely culprit.

We've seen all of these offensive linemen have good games. They have all shown promise besides maybe Ford. Williams was good last year. Feliciano has had good stretches. Morse was considered one of the top centers in the league before coming here, now he seems like he is average or maybe above average. We've seen good play from Dawkins. We've even seen Ike and Bates play well before. Brown, as a rookie, has flashed many times.

They just don't play well as a unit. Maybe they don't communicate well enough. Maybe they aren't preparing well enough.

While I agree that we do not have elite guys, they should be able to be a serviceable line. They shouldn't go entire games playing badly as an entire unit. The individual pieces, I think, are better than the sum. And we've seen some of our castoff linemen go to other teams and play well.

That has to be coaching and preparation, right? Does the blocking scheme not align well with the players? They seem slow out of their stances sometimes. They aren't planning well this year in how to take away or help mitigate the big time players of opposing defenses, instead allowing those players to get one-on-one matchups and sometimes free rushes.

So maybe a coaching or line scheme change is in order.

On 11/9/2021 at 7:36 AM, BuffaloRebound said:

I suspect if we lose to the Jets, we’ll find out how the offense feels about the coaching.  Zero balance and no commitment to the run… my guess is the O-Line feels like they’re not put in a position to succeed.  They’re certainly playing that way.  

How do you feel now about our "commitment to the run" following the Jets game?

On 11/9/2021 at 8:07 AM, SCBills said:

When you break down the OL player by player, it looks better than what we’ve seen as a whole.  

When healthy, with Williams and Feliciano at Guard, this OL has potential to be good - especially if they could ever develop some continuity.  
Our OL depth is an absolute disaster though.  In a perfect world, Feliciano would be a backup, but he’s currently the weak link at starter when healthy.  Anything after Feliciano is barely playable at the moment. 
TE is an extension of the OL.  Knox is fantastic, but again, the depth is brutal.  Sweeney is an entire struggle bus out there. 

To me, as much as I love Feliciano as a person, he has lost a bit since his pec injury.  I don't see the same upper body push. A lot of times his legs are holding up but his upper body is getting pushed back.  The most obvious was when he drew the hands to the face penalty on a pass play and they showed the replay in slow motion. His feet were planed and he had great technique, but as the DT was pushing and his upper body kept sliding back until the hands that were on Feliciano's chest rolled up to his face mask.  I don't think the DT expected his upper body to bend like that. 

So where Feliciano used to be a mauler in the run game and Singletary would find nice holes between him and Dawkins, those plays no longer work. 

Running to the right side where Brown and Williams switched roles also hasn't worked well because they haven't played together to communicate enough. I think Brown is a mauler and will help, but I'm not sure Williams at RG has long term benefits.  You can't run straight up the gut, because Morse is weak, surround by out of place or weak guards. 

Boettger is serviceable and I think the line we saw yesterday is our best combo. How they hold up to an elite defense in the playoffs is the real question. 

The best thing they did was get Breida involved and spread out the offense, but as we saw, effective as Breida was, he fumbled. This is why he is inactive. A costly fumble in a playoff game is deadly. I've been screaming for Breida all year and when he scored twice, all I could think of is "what the hell is wrong with Daboll and McD keeping him on the bench. 

After the fumble I realized this must be his liability and it happens enough in practice to keep him off the field on Sunday. 

What SCBills said about TE is spot on too. Would have been good to keep Holiister or even Lee Smith around. Knox stepped up but when he was out, we saw how shallow our depth is. 

Every team has some depth issues somewhere and if the starters are hurt, that team can get exposed. With Edmonds and Star out, we still held up pretty well on D. With Brown and Knox out, our offense suffered.  It's almost surreal to say that Knox is now a key to our offense, but he just might be. 

I would expect to address OL and TE very early in the draft next year. 

The good thing I saw yesterday was that the Bills found a mismatch and kept exploiting it. Jets had no one who could come close to guarding Diggs and  

Josh kept feeding him. We need more of that. find the mismatch and exploit it. When the defense figures it out, scheme up plays to create the next on. We have enough weapons on offense to do this.

Either way, it was great not to see any resemblance of that J-ville nightmare pop up in this game.

When you break down the OL player by player, it looks better than what we’ve seen as a whole.  

When healthy, with Williams and Feliciano at Guard, this OL has potential to be good - especially if they could ever develop some continuity.  
Our OL depth is an absolute disaster though.  In a perfect world, Feliciano would be a backup, but he’s currently the weak link at starter when healthy.  Anything after Feliciano is barely playable at the moment. 
TE is an extension of the OL.  Knox is fantastic, but again, the depth is brutal.  Sweeney is an entire struggle bus out there. 

To me, as much as I love Feliciano as a person, he has lost a bit since his pec injury.  I don't see the same upper body push. A lot of times his legs are holding up but his upper body is getting pushed back.  The most obvious was when he drew the hands to the face penalty on a pass play and they showed the replay in slow motion. His feet were planed and he had great technique, but as the DT was pushing and his upper body kept sliding back until the hands that were on Feliciano's chest rolled up to his face mask.  I don't think the DT expected his upper body to bend like that. 

So where Feliciano used to be a mauler in the run game and Singletary would find nice holes between him and Dawkins, those plays no longer work. 

Running to the right side where Brown and Williams switched roles also hasn't worked well because they haven't played together to communicate enough. I think Brown is a mauler and will help, but I'm not sure Williams at RG has long term benefits.  You can't run straight up the gut, because Morse is weak, surround by out of place or weak guards. 

Boettger is serviceable and I think the line we saw yesterday is our best combo. How they hold up to an elite defense in the playoffs is the real question. 

The best thing they did was get Breida involved and spread out the offense, but as we saw, effective as Breida was, he fumbled. This is why he is inactive. A costly fumble in a playoff game is deadly. I've been screaming for Breida all year and when he scored twice, all I could think of is "what the hell is wrong with Daboll and McD keeping him on the bench. 

After the fumble I realized this must be his liability and it happens enough in practice to keep him off the field on Sunday. 

What SCBills said about TE is spot on too. Would have been good to keep Holiister or even Lee Smith around. Knox stepped up but when he was out, we saw how shallow our depth is. 

Every team has some depth issues somewhere and if the starters are hurt, that team can get exposed. With Edmonds and Star out, we still held up pretty well on D. With Brown and Knox out, our offense suffered.  It's almost surreal to say that Knox is now a key to our offense, but he just might be. 

The good thing I saw yesterday was that the Bills found a mismatch and kept exploiting it. Jets had no one who could come close to guarding Diggs and  

Josh kept feeding him. We need more of that. find the mismatch and exploit it. When the defense figures it out, scheme up plays to create the next on. We have enough weapons on offense to do this.

Either way, it was great not to see any resemblance of that J-ville nightmare pop up in this game.

1 hour ago, eball said:

So…we good now?  Last week’s board was a joke.  I hope some people learned their lessons.

What's funny is that there were maybe 8-10 posters who just overwhelmed this board with their outrage over anything and everything to do with this team. Today, you would think they would be here celebrating a pretty good all around showing by their team. Yet, you see only a brief post here and there from some of them and none from most of them.

Oh, and my guess is they didn't learn their lesson and will be out in full force after the next bad game...

Edited by billsfan1959

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.