Referee Tony Corrente corrupt as *****!!!

Bubba Gump

Do we know if 59 said anything that you dont see on the broadcast?

5 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Social media has been abuzz for years with examples of poor and corrupt officiating. It’s a shame the media doesn’t hold the NFL accountable with better investigative reporting. It’s never going to change until that happens, and I don’t count on it. 

Social media will be the downfall of us, not poor officiating.  Officiating has not gotten worse, rather the rise of social media and slow mo repplays available minutes after something happened is what is new.  I would challenge you to show real factual evidence of "corrupt officiating" discussed on social media.  What you will see is internet loudmouths speculating on conspiracy theories to explain a game (or whatever) did not go the way they think it should have. 

The flag was thrown for taunting ... which the player clearly did.

The "bump" had nothing to do with the flag being thrown.

The biggest crime on Monday Nights is that God awful crew followed by that idiot Van Pelt.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Do we know if 59 said anything that you dont see on the broadcast?

Social media will be the downfall of us, not poor officiating.  Officiating has not gotten worse, rather the rise of social media and slow mo repplays available minutes after something happened is what is new.  I would challenge you to show real factual evidence of "corrupt officiating" discussed on social media.  What you will see is internet loudmouths speculating on conspiracy theories to explain a game (or whatever) did not go the way they think it should have. 

You’re right, social media will be our downfall, but officiating has truthfully gotten much worse. I typically enjoy watching football at any other level without refs ruining the game. They consistently ruin NFL games. I don’t know if there’s corruption in your sense of the word, but I think of corruption simply as other less blatant things. It’s clear there’s too many refs with biased agendas, no eyesight, and no ability to control themselves from taking over the game. If you believe NFL officiating is great, that’s fine, but I think it’s really bad, and it’s amazing change isn’t being demanded. 

Edited by SirAndrew

7 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

The guy walked toward the steelers sideline eyeballing them. I don't believe the "bump" factored in. 

I agree the call should have not been made but the bears player wasn't innocent, with the emphasis on taunting he should have just played it safe.

the video probably misses some of what really happened ... what was said, etc.   can't really go by the video

4 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

The problem with all these calls is so much of it is subjective. Like a ball hitting the ground during a catch is pretty easy to see on a replay. But this stuff is insane. How do you define taunting? One zebra might see it as a player saying "I own you" whereas another might see that statement as part of the game and competitiveness.

Every game has flags but the best games are when the flags arn't too noticeable, they're just a part of the flow of the game. These ones are getting ridiculous now because there's so much gray area in them that even the announcers are left asking what the f is going on

The subjective nature of the call, and the inconsistency from play to play and game to game is maddening.  When Taven Black sacked JA early, he’s 5 or 6 feet from him and apparently performs a ritualized choreographed sack squat.  Eyeballing the opposing sideline is apparently flag worthy enough to swing a game in the final minutes.  

When viewed in the greater context of the head-smacking-trash-talking-adrenaline-fueled  60 minutes of the average NFL context, some of these calls are just dumb.  

• Agree 1

Even his coaches were yelling at him on the sideline. It was taunting. He made a great play and all he has to do is walk to his sideline. But no he walks toward the opponents sideline and stares them down. It could have been a no call but maybe he said something.  Usually tauting has some component of pointing at the opponent or throwing the ball at them.  

The ref contact would be an ejection for unsportsmanlike conduct so has nothing to do with the taunting penalty.

• Agree 2

The constant celebrating and trash talking after EVERY play is getting ridiculous and annoying....a guy makes a tackle on a 4yd run and and is jumping all over and running around to get attention. Receiver catches a pass and gets up and spins the ball....

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Clearly the man is taunting the sideline, I believe trash talk should be legal at all levels, but this is not out of the blue. They have been preaching it since preseason. 

I'm sure you went through with a fine toothed comb to ensure the Steelers never ever ever in that game did a similar stare at the Bears bench. Ridiculous confirmation bias.

Marsh makes a good play, go celebrate on your sideline. No Good was going to come out of calling out the Steeler sideline. But I don't like that call gives Pitt the game.

Like it or not, NHL puts its whistles away 3rd period, let the players decide the game, not refs

13 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

I'm sure you went through with a fine toothed comb to ensure the Steelers never ever ever in that game did a similar stare at the Bears bench. Ridiculous confirmation bias.

I couldn't care less about the Steelers or Bears, this topic is about 1 play, and the guy either forgot what sideline he was on or he went over to mean mug/talk smack and got caught. 

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

the video probably misses some of what really happened ... what was said, etc.   can't really go by the video

51 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

You can clearly see #59 chirp #6 and the ref was within ear shot.

let the people rage!!

• Haha (+1) 1

The guy walked toward the steelers sideline eyeballing them. I don't believe the "bump" factored in. 

I agree the call should have not been made but the bears player wasn't innocent, with the emphasis on taunting he should have just played it safe.

Hes like 20yards away from the sideline. You saying you cant look at the other team from across the field without getting a penalty now? lol If he got up and ran over and got in someones face sure, but this is just a silly penalty. Kinda like a few that went against the Bills this past game. That Offside that was called a false start made me lose my mind. Vegas phoning in calls 100%

Hes like 20yards away from the sideline. You saying you cant look at the other team from across the field without getting a penalty now? lol If he got up and ran over and got in someones face sure, but this is just a silly penalty. Kinda like a few that went against the Bills this past game. That Offside that was called a false start made me lose my mind. Vegas phoning in calls 100%

The problem I always have with officiating is that they seem to want to be an integral part of the game.  They should administrate the game.. keep the peace on the field, and make calls that are egregious.  No one wants to see the ticky tack crap called that has no effect on the play.  Don't throw a PI flag when you *think* there is contact.  Only throw flags when stuff is 100% obvious. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Social media has been abuzz for years with examples of poor and corrupt officiating. It’s a shame the media doesn’t hold the NFL accountable with better investigative reporting. It’s never going to change until that happens, and I don’t count on it. 

Someone on YouTube should do a deep dive on the most corrupt officials. Point out examples of their most egregious calls, then do a hatchet job on where they live, where they work, etc. if they do a good enough job with the presentation, the vast number of hits they would get could prove to be very lucrative!

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.