TE Darren Fells headed to waivers (update: unclaimed, signed to Bucs PS)

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Yeah, that makes sense.  Go to bed

At the trade deadline your no1 TE breaks his hand and is out for a few weeks…your number 2 TE catches an average of one ball a game…teams that are out of contention are looking to dump players if they can particularly a team like the Lions…a player who would only be a little over 500K against the cap… yeh your response is as ridiculous as the front offices inactivity  

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

What was stopping Brandon from talking to the Lions about a 7th for him? Oh yeh polishing his GM of the year trophy and pretending to outsmart the league 

Yeah, the lack of activity at the trade deadline looks bad after such a horrible loss.   

But I think Fells might have played it that way.    He reportedly got benched yesterday so maybe it was just a fit of anger.    But if he did have designs on getting out of Detroit then by waiting until after the deadline to request his release then perhaps he can have his agent let teams know he won't accept a waiver claim and rather sit out the rest of the season if not allowed to choose his destination in UFA.     

Edited by BADOLBILZ

19 hours ago, Jamie Nails said:

Is Lee Smith available? I blame all of our woes on trading Lee. 

The problem is he finally cured the drops at retirement age ;) 

Smith is a great blocker but why not use Bates a Tackle eligible ?

• YoloinOhio changed the title to TE Darren Fells headed to waivers (update: unclaimed)

I don't know why we didn't claim him. I thought if anything we would be too late in the waiver order to have a chance. Sweeney is not an NFL player and Fells would have only counted $500K against the cap. Even when Knox is back Fells would have been a better #2 TE.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't know why we didn't claim him. I thought if anything we would be too late in the waiver order to have a chance. Sweeney is not an NFL player and Fells would have only counted $500K against the cap. Even when Knox is back Fells would have been a better #2 TE.

Agreed.  I love Beane, but he makes his fair share of blunders. He’s made several during a crucial 2 year stretch with our QB on his rookie contract.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Potential another Beane blunder if he doesnt sign Fells

To me this is a no brainer unless its a money thing or he wants to go elsewhere. But doubt those would be an issue in this case. He will take the minimum and assume want to go to a good situation. 

40 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

He can block ? ... Why haven't we signed him yet ?

If he could block…….he’d stick out like a sore thumb!

Sorry, I thought a little venting might be helpful to my emotional state.  🤷‍♀️

• Haha (+1) 2

Bills can't block.  Fells can.  Sweeney isn't answer.  Bills suck in redzone.  Fells is red zone target.  Knox will play with broken hand.  We need TE.  Our running game and offense didnt work last week.  Hmm- how about some two tight end plays?  That might help run game, calm Josh, smash cover 2 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.