TE Darren Fells headed to waivers (update: unclaimed, signed to Bucs PS)

YoloinOhio

He’s a great blocker and decent TE2…. I know Knox is likely returning this week but with our run blocking issues I would not hesitate to claim him and play over Sweeney when he’s back. Also would provide a vet in the TE room

Only due $537k if claimed.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s a great blocker and decent TE2…. I know Knox is likely returning this week but with our run blocking issues I would not hesitate to claim him and play over Sweeney when he’s back. Also would provide a vet in the TE room

Only due $537k if claimed.

I thought he was a very handy player for Houston.    When I watched Houston it seemed like he was regularly keeping the chains moving and scoring TD's for Watson.    Can't see him clearing waivers until where we had priority but he's an underrated player, IMO.   

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

Is Lee Smith available? I blame all of our woes on trading Lee. 

I say we start the bidding with Josh Allen + Sabres tickets. 

Because I added the Sabres tickets I think we are getting a steal

Edited by DJB

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I thought he was a very handy player for Houston.    When I watched Houston it seemed like he was regularly keeping the chains moving and scoring TD's for Watson.    Can't see him clearing waivers until where we had priority but he's an underrated player, IMO.   

Watson loved him in the redzone. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Would dump Sweeney in a heartbeat for him but something tells me it won't happen.

They don’t need to dump Sweeney altogether. Not sure which roster spot he would get but it wouldn’t necessarily mean cutting Sweeney. Perhaps making him inactive. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

They don’t need to dump Sweeney altogether. Not sure which roster spot he would get but it wouldn’t necessarily mean cutting Sweeney. Perhaps making him inactive. 

It's clear this team misses Lee Smith and while Knox has had a great year he's still not the greatest blocker.

So yeah whatever the case if we could find room for Fells this is probably the best type of midseason upgrade we can get at this point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.