SNF: Tennessee Titans at LA Rams, 7:20 on NBC

Hapless Bills Fan

3 minutes ago, McBean said:

Remember when we took Oliver over Jeff Simmons.

Miss after Miss by the most overrated GM in the league Brandon Beane.

Now this is taking it a bit far.  We missed playoffs for 17 years and since he's been here we have made playoffs 3 times. 

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Now this is taking it a bit far.  We missed playoffs for 17 years and since he's been here we have made playoffs 3 times. 

So his post isn't sarcasm? He's clearly basing this off just this game, because although I don't follow too many non Bills players I'd bet that Oliver and Simmons stats are near identical since coming into the league. 

Edited by Rick 'r Mortis

1 minute ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

So his post isn't sarcasm? He's clearly basing this off just this game, because although I don't follow too many non Bill players I'd bet that Oliver and Simmons stats are near identical since coming into the league. 

Not sure.  Seemed like it wasn't sarcasm.  Ha

And yes.  Oliver was a good pick imo. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Titans getting this kind of production running on a line that includes Bobby Hart starting at LT. Yes, we could use a bump in talent, but it’s coaching folks. Bobby Johnson not getting it done. 

That's why they're running to the right.  

6 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Titans getting this kind of production running on a line that includes Bobby Hart starting at LT. Yes, we could use a bump in talent, but it’s coaching folks. Bobby Johnson not getting it done. 

McNichols is better than Singletary or Moss. Most Bills fans don't realize how bad our RBs are. It is not just run blocking. Defenses are selling out to stop our pass offense and a decent RB would take advantage of that. If Allen checks the ball down they are picking up an extra 1-2 yards. A decent RB would turn those into a 1st down with all the free space we are given. It is by far the biggest positional weakness on the team IMO.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

McNichols is better than Singletary or Moss. Most Bills fans don't realize how bad our RBs are. It is not just run blocking. Defenses are selling out to stop our pass offense and a decent RB would take advantage of that. If Allen checks the ball down they are picking up an extra 1-2 yards. A decent RB would turn those into a 1st down. It is by far the biggest positional weakness on the team IMO.

Our RBs are slow as molasses. I said in another thread that we should sit Motor next week and go Brieda and Moss. Get more speed on the field. What can it hurt at this point? Despite the off season hype, Motor is still the same player as last year. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I'd fire him tomorrow.  Send a message to your OL no job is safe. Protect Josh like NE protected Brady forever.  Today was a complete embarrassment. And Brandon you better start scouting olineman like no tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

McNichols is better than Singletary or Moss. Most Bills fans don't realize how bad our RBs are. It is not just run blocking. Defenses are selling out to stop our pass offense and a decent RB would take advantage of that. If Allen checks the ball down they are picking up an extra 1-2 yards. A decent RB would turn those into a 1st down with all the free space we are given. It is by far the biggest positional weakness on the team IMO.

I'm with you. 

They'll both break one every couple years and people bring out the pom poms though. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Our RBs are slow as molasses. I said in another thread that we should sit Motor next week and go Brieda and Moss. Get more speed on the field. What can it hurt at this point? Despite the off season hype, Motor is still the same player as last year. 

The problem is Breida isn't any good either. He is pure straight line speed which is not enough in the NFL. He lacks vision, side to side explosiveness, contact balance, pass protection. Literally the only thing he does is run fast. In the Steelers game everyone remembers the awful play call on 4th and inches. The play before that on 3rd and 2 we shot Breida out of a cannon and there was a gaping hole leading to a 1st down. But Minkah Fitzpatrick came up and stopped him dead in his tracks right before the sticks. The tiniest bit of contact balance or strength and he would have gotten a 1st down. If speed isn't enough to gain you a measly 2 yards when you need it, it isn't going to be valuable in your offense.

The sad truth is that Beane neglected to upgrade the position. A lot of Bills fans didn't want him to, claiming RBs don't really matter and that you can get production out of any RB. We are learning as the season goes along that that is not true. A dynamic RB would be incredible in this offense. Unfortunately I believe we will have to stick a wad of gum on the problem until the offseason. In the meantime I would rather Moss and Singletary be used primarily as pass blockers. At least there they have some value.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

I'm kinda surprised that was enough to overturn, but it could've gone either way.

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

So that's a penalty on top of it not standing?!

That kind of penalty goes against the spirit of the rule. Like how they called Milano for a horse collar last week even though he didn't pull backwards and he let go immediately.

The spirit of the illegal touching rule is to prevent cheating. The spirit of the horse collar rule is to prevent injury.

13 minutes ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

I'm with you. 

They'll both break one every couple years and people bring out the pom poms though. 

I don't think a lot of Bills fans realize the advantage given to our RBs. Defenses are just ignoring them and dropping back into zones where they know our WR routes will end up. Allen checked the ball down to our RBs a bunch today and on every throw they had all this open space in front of them, but they accelerate so slowly they can't take advantage of it. We could be ripping off 10-15 yards a pass easily if we had a dynamic RB taking those check downs. Then the defense would be forced to creep up and defend the check down and all of a sudden our WRs would start getting open again. I have been banging this drum since the offseason. But it's too late to do anything about it now.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

The problem is Breida isn't any good either. He is pure straight line speed which is not enough in the NFL. He lacks vision, side to side explosiveness, contact balance, pass protection. Literally the only thing he does is run fast. In the Steelers game everyone remembers the awful play call on 4th and inches. The play before that on 3rd and 2 we shot Breida out of a cannon and there was a gaping hole leading to a 1st down. But Minkah Fitzpatrick came up and stopped him dead in his tracks right before the sticks. The tiniest bit of contact balance or strength and he would have gotten a 1st down. If speed isn't enough to gain you a measly 2 yards when you need it, it isn't going to be valuable in your offense.

The sad truth is that Beane neglected to upgrade the position. A lot of Bills fans didn't want him to, claiming RBs don't really matter and that you can get production out of any RB. We are learning as the season goes along that that is not true. A dynamic RB would be incredible in this offense. Unfortunately I believe we will have to stick a wad of gum on the problem until the offseason. In the meantime I would rather Moss and Singletary be used primarily as pass blockers. At least there they have some value.

I don’t disagree with what you said about Brieda. I’m not expecting a world beater there. He is weak running through contact. But this offense is in desperate need of a little more pop or speed at that position. Make Moss the lead back and Brieda 3rd down pass catching back. Either that or raid a practice squad for a back. Or shoot, bring up Antonio Williams. Guy ran a respectable 4.52. Which is way better than the 4.6-4.7 Motor and Moss ran. All I know is Motor isn’t the answer. It takes him forever to do anything. And he isn’t making anyone miss anymore which is really the only thing he had going for him. Not only that, he and Moss are too similar in the speed department. Can’t have two guys like that.

I don't think a lot of Bills fans realize the advantage given to our RBs. Defenses are just ignoring them and dropping back into zones where they know our WR routes will end up. Allen checked the ball down to our RBs a bunch today and on every throw they had all this open space in front of them, but they accelerate so slowly they can't take advantage of it. We could be ripping off 10-15 yards a pass easily if we had a dynamic RB taking those check downs. Then the defense would be forced to creep up and defend the check down and all of a sudden our WRs would start getting open again. I have been banging this drum since the offseason. But it's too late to do anything about it now.

I'm thinking there's also a reason screen plays aren't called. 

Are Swaim and Firkser the legitimate #1 and #2 TE's for Tennessee? For some reason I guess I just assumed that they had somebody better that got injured but it looks like that's really who they're rolling with. If they pull this off they should be a clear AFC favorite having beat the Chiefs, Bills, and Rams, but I'm just not sold on this team without Henry. Everything else is very average at best. They have a Jets-like offensive depth chart right now.

Unfortunately, most of the flare passes to the running backs happen when they are standing still. And half of those passes occur when the running back is facing away from the los. By the time they start running forward,  the defense is already on top of them. That's all on Daboll's play design.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

Are Swaim and Firkser the legitimate #1 and #2 TE's for Tennessee? For some reason I guess I just assumed that they had somebody better that got injured but it looks like that's really who they're rolling with. If they pull this off they should be a clear AFC favorite having beat the Chiefs, Bills, and Rams, but I'm just not sold on this team without Henry. Everything else is very average at best. They have a Jets-like offensive depth chart right now.

As far as I know yeah those are the guys they rolled with this year. I do agree if they win they deserve the hype this week and should be considered #1 in the AFC. Their defense was disgusting to start the year but have gotten better every week. 

3 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Unfortunately, most of the flare passes to the running backs happen when they are standing still. And half of those passes occur when the running back is facing away from the los. By the time they start running forward,  the defense is already on top of them. That's all on Daboll's play design.

Yeah but I'm not even talking about flare passes, just basic check downs in the short middle. For everyone who wants to see Allen be more patient and hit more check downs, we saw it today. And every check down is stopped as soon as it is caught because it takes them so long to turn around and run. I hope we get Knox back soon. He is the one legitimate check down option we have because he can actually accelerate to the sticks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.