11/7/21 Bills @ Jaguars Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Yes Williams was horrible never said he wasn’t. But my QB should know the situation as well. 

really compounded even worse but running out of protection the next play. And shortening your field. 

I don't know.

If he throws it away I bet it's 50/50 on intentional grounding at best.

I don't disagree with some of your criticism for Josh in this thread, but that play I just can't fault him

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

Yes.  No matter what everyone seems to think I doubt Bellicheat would lose to the Jags in this fashion.  I do not blame McD.  Daboll lost that game.  Well maybe some blame can go to our OL.  Just a little. 

Nah McD had some bad decisions, like declining the holding penalty to shove them back and letting them get that 55 yarder. 

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

Yes.  No matter what everyone seems to think I doubt Bellicheat would lose to the Jags in this fashion.  I do not blame McD.  Daboll lost that game.  Well maybe some blame can go to our OL.  Just a little. 

Patriots lost to Miami.... This season, and then Miami lost to the jags. Any Sunday. This loss sucks, but it's only 1 loss and there's plenty of season left 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

They rushed Beasley back because he is the only one left to work the areas that knox works. I think knox has a chance this week. Maybe 

The fact that they think a 50% Cole Beasley is better than a 100% Isaiah McKenzie doesn't speak well for McKenzie, IMO.

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I don't know.

If he throws it away I bet it's 50/50 on intentional grounding at best.

I don't disagree with some of your criticism for Josh in this thread, but that play I just can't fault him

Ok agree to disagree on that play. Was the next play the right decision to leave a pocket and shorten your field on 4th and 16?

9 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Josh shares some of the blame for this game but how can you expect a team to win where the offensive line play was so incredibly poor that tackles aren't even coming out of stance until the defender have blown past them?

Just personal opinion but I agree with your take. Josh had some terrible plays that were on him. But ask any QB in the nfl to go win a game with zero established run game, therefore no play action, legitimately untouched pass rushers hitting you every play and see how they do.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Nope I am not. I never said the entire thing was on Allen did I. 

Only that most of it was.  And you keep harping on a play that anyone who has watched football knows the QB is going to get sacked when the Tackle completely  misses the DE.  At least own up to what you're posting and not try to slink away from bashing Allen.  It's very troll like.

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Patriots lost to Miami.... This season, and then Miami lost to the jags. Any Sunday. This loss sucks, but it's only 1 loss and there's plenty of season left 

It's not the defeat, it's the manner of the defeat. It's a humiliation - how many teams hold their opponents to nine points and lose?

Is it time to get real,

This team is not a superbowl contender this year.  Look up my posts last year while we were in the playoffs.  I said we needed to get rid of Singletary and Moss.  Our running backs are both junk... terrible, they still are. We need to start running the ball but we need better running backs for this to happen.  Thanks to Beane.  No improvement because of his decisions.

Our OL is terrible and are made up of overpaid underperforming talent from other teams.  And yeah the OL really sucks.  But you have to be able to adapt at what a team is throwing at you during game time.  Josh hasn't and neither has Daboll.  Josh's second INT in this game is proof of him not making good decisions.  That ball should never have been thrown.  I am not asking for him to be perfect but I also would expect him to be more capable at reading what a defense is doing and make adjustments.  Today he was flat out bad...terrible.  He is playing hero ball again this year and that is not what a $250 mil quarterback does, and will not win doing it either.

Josh last year did not miss as many throws or has been off target like he has been this year, through 8 games.  I will usually watch the games twice.  Just to see where we made bad decisions and through 8 games this year Josh has had more bad throws, that have been off target or thrown way behind a targeted receiver causing the receiver to stop and or reverse their direction just to try and even attempt a catch.   He has missed to many open receivers that could have resulted in a huge offensive gain or play. Compare that to last year when he was actually leading the receiver or making the throws where the receiver could actually make the catch in front of them, without some super human effort to come down with the ball. 

He still gets rattled when being rushed from the outside and not stepping up into the pocket to get rid of the ball.   Even when our OL was some what healthy which now it is not, he still can't deal with the pressure and Daboll is not helping him with plays to neutralize this pressure.

Vegas thinks this team is a top 5 superbowl team odds wise.  We have not beaten a team that has had a .501 record or better this year. Period!!!   Since when is a team a superbowl contender that has not beaten a single team with a more than a .500 record.  Vegas is drinking the Kool-Aid like they always do, and so are some other NFL experts too.  We will not even win our division which is sad but true.

Edited by Toyo321

2 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Just personal opinion but I agree with your take. Josh had some terrible plays that were on him. But ask any QB in the nfl to go win a game with zero established run game, therefore no play action, legitimately untouched pass rushers hitting you every play and see how they do.

You don’t need an effective run game to run play action. That has been proven over and over and over again. 

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Probably not. But he actually had sanders open.

For some reason just didn't look his way and went to Diggs instead.

Because he rolled right. So he looks back toward the middle of the field. If he stays in the pocket that throw likely goes to Sanders. 

10 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

The Patriots lost to the Dolphins

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

You don’t need an effective run game to run play action. That has been proven over and over and over again. 

Because he rolled right. So he looks back toward the middle of the field. If he stays in the pocket that throw likely goes to Sanders. 

Maybe. It's hard to say as it looked like a zone coverage, and we know the coverage will change depending where the QB is

If this has been said before, I apologize (been at work): ever since we beat Kansas City I feel our team has taken the foot off the gas. Anyone else see this? I still think we go to the super bowl, but I now feel we have to go through Baltimore or Las Vegas to get there (before I felt they had to go through us)

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I wonder if he continually looked (looks?) to escape the pocket because he does not trust it to hold?

Just now, Toyo321 said:

Vegas thinks this team is a top 5 superbowl team odds wise.  We have not beaten a team that has had a .501 record or better this year. Period!!!   Since when is a team a superbowl contender that has not beaten a single team with a more than a .500 record.  Vegas is drinking the Kool-Aid like they always do, and so are some other NFL experts too.  We will not even win our division which is sad but true.

Vegas doesn’t think that, Vegas is hoping that the people laying down cash like the odds posted so that they will bet. Vegas doesn’t care about teams or points or superbowls. They just want suckers to bet on emotion and as long as the media is talking up the Bills people will keep throwing their money away.

29 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Seems last year he was fine. Or are you one of those guys that let a single play in a season he doesn’t get many snaps going to define a young productive WRS career?

He’s done nothing all year…

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

No you don’t. The numbers prove it. To think you need to be able to run the ball to have effective play action has been debunked by the analytical data 

You can't run play action when your OL is getting spanked in pass protection. They are slow developing plays and the defenders are in the QBs face way too quickly. It has nothing to do with how well you're running the ball.

5 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Is it time to get real,

This team is not a superbowl contender this year.  Look up my posts last year while we were in the playoffs.  I said we needed to get rid of Singletary and Moss.  Our running backs are both junk... terrible, they still are. We need to start running the ball but we need better running backs for this to happen.  Thanks to Beane.  No improvement because of his decisions.

Our OL is terrible and are made up of overpaid underperforming talent from other teams.  And yeah the OL really sucks.  But you have to be able to adapt at what a team is throwing at you during game time.  Josh hasn't and neither has Daboll.  Josh's second INT in this game is proof of him not making good decisions.  That ball should never have been thrown.  I am not asking for him to be perfect but I also would expect him to be more capable at reading what a defense is doing and make adjustments.  Today he was flat out bad...terrible.  He is playing hero ball again this year and that is not what a $250 mil quarterback does, and will not win doing it either.

Josh last year did not miss as many throws or has been off target like he has been this year, through 8 games.  I will usually watch the games twice.  Just to see where we made bad decisions and through 8 games this year Josh has had more bad throws, that have been off target or thrown way behind a targeted receiver causing the receiver to stop and or reverse their direction just to try and even attempt a catch.   He has missed to many open receivers that could have resulted in a huge offensive gain or play. Compare that to last year when he was actually leading the receiver or making the throws where the receiver could actually make the catch in front of them, without some super human effort to come down with the ball. 

He still gets rattled when being rushed from the outside and not stepping up into the pocket to get rid of the ball.   Even when our OL was some what healthy which now it is not, he still can't deal with the pressure and Daboll is not helping him with plays to neutralize this pressure.

Question: why do the running backs get labeled terrible despite running behind a terrible OL, but Allen's problems are explained away by a terrible OL? I think Singletary and Moss are perfectly acceptable backs who are just as hampered by the OL as Allen is.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.