Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

not currently in the conversation.  we had many legit offensive chances to win vs. Tenn, Tampa and New England.  two out of three and he is the frontrunner.  

there is time for this to change and I am hoping it does.  it can, we all know he can do it.   

2 hours ago, mattynh said:

Is that also taking away all teams QB rushing yards?   Otherwise that is kind of useless.  Also would YPC and tds.  Should they be listed as the worst running team if they don’t actually run in as many times as other teams?

You just proved my point he’s such a big part of the teams run game without him they don’t have a run game 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

26 minutes ago, Dopey said:

By the end of the season, Mahomes will get more votes for MVP. Check the numbers and record. 

Wasn't there a thread comparing their past certain # of games showing Josh is better? Funny how it was brought up during a bad stretch for Mahomes. A few even said Josh will end up the better QB when all is said and done. I get Josh is our guy, but don't let that fact affect your sensibilities.

Who cares?  Josh is a one-man offense.

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

By the end of the season, Mahomes will get more votes for MVP. Check the numbers and record. 

Wasn't there a thread comparing their past certain # of games showing Josh is better? Funny how it was brought up during a bad stretch for Mahomes. A few even said Josh will end up the better QB when all is said and done. I get Josh is our guy, but don't let that fact affect your sensibilities.

Sounds like you are talking about my thread. It was based on a question that really didn't even originate from Bills fans, although I am sure many of us were thinking it, but from Greg Cossell, one of the better analysts of QB play and about as unbiased as one can get. The timing of course couldn't have been worst for Cossell to say it and for me to post it as the very next day the Jacksonville played out.

As for Mahomes, even in this resurgence for KC, the KC offense and Mahomes in general has been pretty average. The KC resurgence has been entirely about their defense doing a complete 180. Remarkable how they have turned it around on that side of the ball.

Taking  a look at the numbers for each QB now, it's funny, Josh's struggles in his last seven games are very similar to Mahomes struggles in his firs 8 games, the time  at which I posted the thread. 

Worst stretch for each QB:

Mahomes first 8 games: 94.5 Rating 19 TD 10 INT 66.46% 7.29 YPA 2,368 yards passing 229 yards rushing 6.54 ypa 1 TD 5 fumbles 2 lost

Allen last 7 games: 88.4 Rating 14TD 9 INT 64.84% 6.88 YPA 1,762 passing yards 286 yards rushing 7.53 ypa 1 TD 4 fumbles 2 lost

Betst stretch for each QB:

Allen first 7 games: 103.1 Rating 17 TD 3 INT 65.44% 7.25 YPA 1,972 yards passing 269 yards rushing 5.17 ypa  3 TDs 4 fumbles 1 lost

Mahomes last 6 games: 97.8 Rating 11 TD 3 INT 64.29% 7.52 YPA 1,684 passing yards 73 rushing yards 3.65 ypa  1 TD 3 fumbles 2 lost

The glaring problem for each during their respective slumps is the turnovers. INT's in particular. Efficiency wise, Mahomes has not reached the highs that Allen reached during Allen's best stretch this season. But Mahomes low did not reach the low that Allen is currently at. Allen has been far more effective on the ground in both comparisons. That is more effective on the ground in each QB's best stretch of games and worse stretch of games. 

Could Mahomes get an MVP vote? Anything is possible  but he hasn't done anything over the last 15 weeks to warrant one IMO. And yes, Allen may have played his way out of the race as well. 

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Like (+1) 1

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to Still wanna argue Josh Allen shouldn't be an MVP frontrunner? 65% comp %, 38 TDs, 14 TOs, 96.6 Passer Rating, 311 YPG (Patriots game talk page 30 on)
4 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Your thread sucks. JA #17 is the heart and soul of this team. They do nothing without him. B it’s that simple. Is he MVP? Yea to the Bills, and statistically in the NFL he’s better than most. 

Why does the thread suck?

This is an ongoing, weekly tracking thread.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It makes me sick, and it’s really very funny he’s not in the pro bowl, but I do think he figured out something today. He took the run and check down flawlessly, well 😅 almost. And then he still kept his gunslinger edge to him when we needed a big play! Great game Josh!! Go Bills. Allen4Mvp

• Agree 7

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Isn't it voted on by the same idiots that made him an alternate? What are the odds they'd vote to confirm their own stupidity?

Pro Bowl think is something like 1/3 each players, fans, and media.  MVP I believe is writers only and not all writers,select ones??

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.