Jump to content

I think the Bills play angry and run up the score this week


Inigo Montoya
 Share

Recommended Posts

There is no argument that the Bills needed to beat the Chiefs this season to prove to themselves that they deserve to be at the top of the AFC going forward.  It was a coming of age type of victory for this team.

 

I think this game coming up against the Titans is different though.  I think the Bills just want to crush the Titans because they don't like them.  I have no fear of a "let down" performance from the BIlls following their big win against the Chiefs because on some level, they want to beat the Titans even more than they wanted to beat the Chiefs.

 

Last season's loss to the TItans was harder to take than the loss to the Chiefs was, and I think the Bills have been looking forward to getting some payback ever since the schedule came out.  I think the Bills are going to destroy the Titans on MNF.  McDermott knows what this game means to his players after last year.  This game is going to be a blow out and the Bills won't take their foot off the gas until the final whistle sounds.

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 17
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the Bills win on Monday. We won tight games against the Titans in 2018 and 2019 where we had the bounce of the ball at key moments. We lost one in a beat down last year where juju gave them the two years of favourable bounces back in a single night.

 

The difference between now and the past 3 years? The past 3 years I felt like the Bills and Titans were peers. Teams in that chasing pack. Good teams with flaws. I believe the difference now is the Bills have improved and the Titans have regressed slightly. Bills by 2 scores.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think people are making too much of the 'revenge' angle against the Titans. Yes it was their worst game of the regular season last year but it's not like they were bounced by them in the playoffs like the Chiefs.

 

With that said, the Titans are getting healthy and I do expect this to be a closer contest with the Bills possibly even needed to win the game deep into the 4th quarter but I do think they are the better team and should win period. Plus you don't want to overstate how big of a deal it is to go into the bye week on a 5 game winning streak with serious momentum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think they're much better equiped to stop Henry this season, which will spell a long night for Tannehill, IMO. On offense, I'm expecting them to start to look like they're rounding into form as long as they're not playing in another monsoon. Here's hoping for another college football blowout final score.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

There is no argument that the Bills needed to beat the Chiefs this season to prove to themselves that they deserve to be at the top of the AFC going forward.  It was a coming of age type of victory for this team.

 

I think this game coming up against the Titans is different though.  I think the Bills just want to crush the Titans because they don't like them.  I have no fear of a "let down" performance from the BIlls following their big win against the Chiefs because on some level, they want to beat the Titans even more than they wanted to beat the Chiefs.

 

Last season's loss to the TItans was harder to take than the loss to the Chiefs was, and I think the Bills have been looking forward to getting some payback ever since the schedule came out.  I think the Bills are going to destroy the Titans on MNF.  McDermott knows what this game means to his players after last year.  This game is going to be a blow out and the Bills won't take their foot off the gas until the final whistle sounds.

 

 

 

 

 

WhaaaaaaT????? That’s crazy. Yeah The fans hate the Titans because of history (primarily Music City Lateral) but the current Bills players? They lost to them in one game last year. It’s more likely that they will have a beef with the cardinals who got lucky on the last play of the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

I love the confidence, but we still have to tackle Derrick Henry

Henry is going to see a swarm whenever he gets the ball. If one of our guys gets to him, and slows him down at all, he'll have three other guys on him in an instant. As Poyer put it, the Bills are going to "get population to the football." IMO, Henry will make an impact, but the Bills D are going to limit him, and take away the huge gains.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

as long as someone makes Lewan lose his cool and get some penalties, and the Bills win, i'll be happy.  Maybe he'll take a swing at Oliver or Star

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Henry is going to see a swarm whenever he gets the ball. If one of our guys gets to him, and slows him down at all, he'll have three other guys on him in an instant. As Poyer put it, the Bills are going to "get population to the football." IMO, Henry will make an impact, but the Bills D are going to limit him, and take away the huge gains.

 

With the penetration the Bills have been getting with 4, i like our chances of catching him in the backfield before he gets a full head of steam

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

 

 

WhaaaaaaT????? That’s crazy. Yeah The fans hate the Titans because of history (primarily Music City Lateral) but the current Bills players? They lost to them in one game last year. It’s more likely that they will have a beef with the cardinals who got lucky on the last play of the game.

The Bills lost to three different teams last year, I don't think it's much of a stretch to say they have a message they want to say wit both teams that they play again this year.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I think fans project far too much regarding professional sports.

Get there. Get a win. Get home. 

That's about it.

 

When you're done, get the contract you want.

 

Projection is a powerful emotion. Especially among sports fans. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see the offense having a huge night on a clear evening against a weak defense.  Bills defense has been awesome so far this season, although the combination of Henry, AJ Brown and Julio Jones all playing at the same time should not be taken lightly.  
 

Keeping fingers crossed the defense can keep the stellar play up.  If they can, blowout potential exists.  Otherwise, Bills still pull it out in a tight high scoring affair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

There is no argument that the Bills needed to beat the Chiefs this season to prove to themselves that they deserve to be at the top of the AFC going forward.  It was a coming of age type of victory for this team.

 

I think this game coming up against the Titans is different though.  I think the Bills just want to crush the Titans because they don't like them.  I have no fear of a "let down" performance from the BIlls following their big win against the Chiefs because on some level, they want to beat the Titans even more than they wanted to beat the Chiefs.

 

Last season's loss to the TItans was harder to take than the loss to the Chiefs was, and I think the Bills have been looking forward to getting some payback ever since the schedule came out.  I think the Bills are going to destroy the Titans on MNF.  McDermott knows what this game means to his players after last year.  This game is going to be a blow out and the Bills won't take their foot off the gas until the final whistle sounds.

 

 

 

I posted this in the predict the score thread but it seems better suited here.

Like many already I'm predicting a 40 🍔. I really feel the Bills will be looking to embarrass the Titans if given the opportunity. Last year the Titans put the Bills and NFL in a pickle because of their carelessness. And on top of that suffered no repercussions for their team being so irresponsible. And then had the audacity to be braggadocious about the victory to boot. The Bills are going to show them they don't belong on the same field. I expect things to get chippy as the Bills run up the score. Bills by 3 scores

 

42-17 Bills

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree completely.

 

It's been so interesting this week how McDermott hasn't shushed reporters when they've asked about this being a payback game, and he went as far as to say they beat us last year and he's reminded of the Henry thing every time he sees highlights. I feel like he's not hiding the fact at all that they plan to crush this team. 

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...