I think the Bills play angry and run up the score this week

Inigo Montoya

19 hours ago, sherpa said:

I think fans project far too much regarding professional sports.

Get there. Get a win. Get home. 

That's about it.

When you're done, get the contract you want.

I guarantee that is not the Bills’ mindset this Monday night. These players are human too, and every game is not the same.

20 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I think they try and run up the score every game as evidenced late in games in the last quarter of last year they kept throwing.

Last part of last year, Moss was on IR, our RB's were Josh Allen, Motor, and Yeldon, didn't have a lot of options other than to pass.  Beasley [also gimpy] was essentially our move the chains offense late last season.  I do get worried when our D is on the field for 80 plays.

23 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

The Pittsburg game was an anomaly IMO.  Week 1 can be just as flukey as some division games.  I don't think the Bills were prepared for what Pitts was going to do on D and the offensive game plan was crap.  They ran 5 wide like half the game.  The difference in that game was a blocked punt for a TD.  How often does that happen?  Not saying the Bills didn't lose that game.  Just saying I wouldn't expect to see that again this year.

I had a knee jerk reaction and then I thought about it and came back to the same place.

I think the Bills went into the Pittsburgh game believing in their press clippings a bit much.  As Diggs said in a presser any time you take an opponent lightly, you can get your ass whupped.

I agree with you that the Bills were not prepared for what Pittsburgh showed them on D and the offensive play calling was...inappropriate for that D.  But even so, there were a handful of missed deep throws/short throws not taken that could have totally changed the game; the OL executed poorly across the line.  So without good focus and preparation, sure...we could see that again this year.

I think the Bills win by two possessions but I don't foresee a 3+ possession blowout. I think the Titans run a soft two deep defense which means the Bills are going to have to dink and dunk up the field and run the ball. Which along with the Titans run heavy offense will limit the amount of possessions in the game and make a blowout a bit harder. But I do think there is a level of "personal" hate in this game for the Bills after last years game where the Titans just completely out muscled the Bills. Similar to KC I think there is a feeling that the Bills want to be the bully in this situation and prove to themselves there is no team that can out physical them. I just don't see the game script leading to a running the score up situation. 

9 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I'm still annoyed with how they screwed with our schedule and how they acted like the Titans were the ones getting the short end of the stick

Part of it was Jay Feely's nauseating excessive praise of the Titans overcoming the obstacles on the CBS broadcast.  I'd just show them the broadcast of the game this week if the Bills do need any more motivation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.