Should we be thanking JJ Watt for not choosing Buffalo?

benderbender

It is premature to call Groot a draft success 5 games into his career, but he's been very impressive so far. And while I'm certain McBeane and Co would have addressed DE during the draft, perhaps we wouldn't have spent our first pick on Gregory Rousseau had we won the Watt lottery.

Watt has had some production for Arizona. As long as he's healthy, you still have to account for him on every play like always. Groot has better stats currently, but you can't make a summary judgement at Week 6. That being said, at this point if you made me choose, I'd take Rousseau's upside for his promising career for what is most likely the last stop in Watt's career in Arizona. Unless he's broken into Brady's avocado ice cream freezer. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

honestly wasnt all that interested in Watt in the first place,  often  injured,  getting old,  wanted more than he was worth,  and id heard stories about him playing selfish at times with the Texans.    much happier with what we currently have.

Edited by bigduke6
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 7

2 minutes ago, benderbender said:

It is premature to call Groot a draft success 5 games into his career, but he's been very impressive so far. And while I'm certain McBeane and Co would have addressed DE during the draft, perhaps we wouldn't have spent our first pick on Gregory Rousseau had we won the Watt lottery.

Watt has had some production for Arizona. As long as he's healthy, you still have to account for him on every play like always. Groot has better stats currently, but you can't make a summary judgement at Week 6. That being said, at this point if you made me choose, I'd take Rousseau's upside for his promising career for what is most likely the last stop in Watt's career in Arizona. Unless he's broken into Brady's avocado ice cream freezer. 

I don't think it would have impacted the pick. If anything we may have passed on Boogie, but Beane is known for taking the name that sits on top of his board.

Addison would likely have been cut free or traded if we still took Boogie IMO. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

think its worked out for JJ as well as us...by the same token am so glad that Sanders is here...now such a diverse offense and his vet leadership, attitude and talent has delivered as expected at 40% of watt it would have cost us to sign watts-his-name

Edited by First Round Bust
  • Like (+1) 1

Early in his career, I liked Watt.  He was a great player that became more than he was expected to be.  After he got some notariety, he became full of himself, and almost a caricature.   The word on the street is that there isn't a camera he doesn't like.  I don't see that as a great fit for a pretty humble Bills team.  Not to mention Watt's age, injury history, and price tag.  We are way better off with the young guys.

In the same vain, as much as I respect Mahomes as a player, I was getting sick and tired of seeing those State Farm commercials featuring him and talking about the "Patrick price."  During Sunday's game, it was great to see NBC cut from a "Patrick price" State Farm commercial to seeing Mahomes' sullen face on the sideline while the Bills were dominating the Chiefs.  We'll see what happens, but Allen is a guy who would likely be a great pitch man and a guy who could land a bunch of endorsement deals.  I don't begrudge him any of it, but I don't want anything to detract from his focus as a player and his drive to improve every year.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

I think we need to thank Beane for not overpaying Watt to come here.

Either way, I'm glad he's not here.  After hearing his name no less than 14,452 times during the BUF/HOU playoff game, I never want to see or hear about him again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

In the same vain, as much as I respect Mahomes as a player, I was getting sick and tired of seeing those State Farm commercials featuring him and talking about the "Patrick price." 

Yeah, the Patrick Price, the Rodgers Rate, and Gronk trying to weasel in on the insurance for veterans are all pretty annoying. These guys make more money in a single season than most people make in their entire careers. Car insurance rates are the last thing they need to worry about.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.