Our long Cody Ford National Nightmare is over.

FireChans

15 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

We probably still trade for Diggs. One year with 2019 Josh Allen with John Brown and Beasley getting most of the targets doesn’t relieve this team of a need for a #1 receiver. 

Beane probably still makes the opportunistic move for Diggs. It’s possible we don’t draft Davis, but it’s more likely we simply don’t sign sanders. 

No, we probably don't.  Get real.  If we had spent our top draft pick on a receiver, you think we would turn around and spend our next #1 also on a receiver?  Do you think we'll trade our next year's number 1 for a DE?  I sure am glad you're not GM'ing the Bills

6 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

I said after his rookie season that he looked like a bust and he in fact is a bust 2nd rounder.  Not a great sign when you are having to rotate players at one position which started in his rookie year.  Not surprised to see him gone after the season because you only get so many opportunities and Bills have given that. The Bills made up for that terrible pick by taking Brown in the 3rd round and he looks like a keeper

Let's just be glad he fell to the 2nd, remember many analyst called Cody Ford a steal in the second and said it was the bills best pick in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Let's just be glad he fell to the 2nd, remember many analyst called Cody Ford a steal in the second and said it was the bills best pick in the draft.

I would love to know who we would have taken if Ford was drafted ahead of us.

Crazy how high the Bills were on this guy and how poor he has been. We've absolutely crushed the drafts recently and Ford stands out as a big miss, gotta put the blame on Ford because we've been good at developing nearly everyone else.

27 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

No, we probably don't.  Get real.  If we had spent our top draft pick on a receiver, you think we would turn around and spend our next #1 also on a receiver?  Do you think we'll trade our next year's number 1 for a DE?  I sure am glad you're not GM'ing the Bills

Yes we probably do. You get real. Ford was a 2nd rounder.

edit: and there are plenty of examples of teams spending multiple high draft picks on receivers for their young QB to throw to. Cincinnati used a high 2nd on Higgins then drafted Chase while already having Boyd. That’s just one recent example. 

Edited by Rock-A-Bye Beasley

10 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Yes we probably do. You get real. Ford was a 2nd rounder.

edit: and there are plenty of examples of teams spending multiple high draft picks on receivers for their young QB to throw to. Cincinnati used a high 2nd on Higgins then drafted Chase while already having Boyd. That’s just one recent example. 

On a team that needed OL help, in teh 2nd round the Bills would skip over a guy that most pundits had as a 1st round pick.  A universally praised pick, by the way.  You're using hindsight in a way that ends up with THE BILLS SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED TOM BRADY  INSTEAD OF LEIF LARSON.  While true it's about valuable as saying you should have picked the correct numbers for the powerball last night

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

On a team that needed OL help, in teh 2nd round the Bills would skip over a guy that most pundits had as a 1st round pick.  A universally praised pick, by the way.  You're using hindsight in a way that ends up with THE BILLS SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED TOM BRADY  INSTEAD OF LEIF LARSON.  While true it's about valuable as saying you should have picked the correct numbers for the powerball last night

it’s not hindsight. I wanted DK and so did a lot of Bills fans. 

• Like (+1) 1

Guys are busts until they aren't.

Last year, it was Oliver, Edmunds and Epenesa, at various times. Now, those guys are all key players on a stellar D.

Some guys just need more time.  Not saying Ford will necessarily pan out, but he's still pretty young.

• Agree 1

IMO opinion they will keep Ford for depth the rest of the season then trade him in the offseason for whatever they can get for him. Ford is valuable until they can upgrade the guard spot next year and they'll still have Boettger, Feliciano, and Williams next year for Guard while looking for an upgrade.

16 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

... or not.

You really don't know. You're pretending the facts show that what you want will happen. They don't. They only show what happened. After that, as usual, we'll see.

Certainly did look like either a wake-up call or a replacement, whether temporary or permanent. Again, we'll see.

Valid.  All our media were flapping and fluttering when Harrison Phillips was a healthy scratch against KC and the Jets (trade predicted), then even more so when he played in NE then sat for 2 weeks.  But his snaps steadily increased after that point.  McDermott indicated post-season that they felt Phillips wasn't where he needed to be coming back from injury and he needed more time to "get right"

It's possible they're done with Ford.  Something like 1 in 2 to 1 in 3 draft picks work out, even in the high rounds.

It's also possible that, coming back from off season surgery, they feel he isn't where he needs to be and needs more work to "get right".  We don't know, and McDermott sure ain't gonna tell us.

21 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Do we have to keep lamenting who we didnt pick?  

I read this message board, what is wrong with Beasley, what is wrong with Rousseau, Ford is a bust.  You would think the Bills lost by 40.

People on this board wouldn't cash a 1 million dollar check because of the crease on it. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

After yesterday, it seems like out nightmare is still haunting us, but in real life.

Can we cut this guy already?

I said he was bust after last season and people laughed at me,  Beane never cut him because he does not want to admit he made massive mistake not taking either WR Brown or Metcalf who will be stars for years to come. Mistakes in drafts happen all the time,  the sooner you move the better for you franchise.  I remember reading draft reports that indicated he was not strong enough.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/5/2021 at 1:40 AM, Real McNasty said:

Man, passing on DK for Ford is looking worse and worse. I totally understood the pick but wanted DK more there before we had Diggs. 

Hope Ford can reinvent himself here ASAP.

Yeah well....it looks like he re-invented himself for a job at the local pool...

Delta-Turnstiles-TS2100.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.