Week 5: Bills at Chiefs on SNF

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We needed a new attitude against the Chiefs, specifically… we needed more “dog” in us last year.  

Sanders is a dog.  We now have a legit #2 who can deal with physical DB play should the Chiefs try that again.  (Also helps that we’re healthy at WR). 

Knox has the mentality now that we need in a guy playing in this type of game.   

If we go with Brown at RT… That dude is a DOG.  We’ll see how good he truly is should he get the primetime start, but so far, so good. 

Darryl Williams at RG.  Chris Jones/Cam Heyward types have destroyed our interior. I’m hopeful a big body like Williams at RG will help against the physicality of Jones. 

Revamped DL with Star, Rousseau and Epenesa.  Let’s see what they’re made of.  

Lots of changes have been made going into this game from the the team we saw last year.  

Of course, it really all comes down to Josh Allen..  If he’s on, we’re winning this game.  We have a better team than the Chiefs.  If he’s flustered and under attack all game, we likely lose, and then it’s back to the drawing board. 

I mentioned this before but it would really help if the Bills could get after Mahomes with their front 4. See last year's Super Bowl and the Giants two Super Bowls against the evil empire. That is the way to get after great QB's. The Bills blitz this game or sit back in zone then they are in trouble.

43 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Yeah, I don't see KC scoring 38 on our D. Even if Milano is out. The difference is going to be disruption from our DLine.  To this point the Bills D looks legit.

I think you have to look at the Bills D and the opposing offenses. Pitt and Houston are horrible. Miami lost Tua and had to play Brissett on a whim. Wash offense looks decent. I think it's fair to say the Bills D hasn't faced a quality offensive team. Obviously, nothing like the Chiefs. The Chiefs have lost mainly because their defense isn't good. Their offense is still one of the best in the league, they know how to beat the Bills, and they have Kelce who the Bills have no answer. The defense looks very promising but up front they are still very young. I'm not sure they can pressure Mahomes to win the game. I think he will shred the Bills defense. Similarly, Allen should do the same. However, Reid and the Chiefs seem to know how to shut down the Bills offense. In summary, the Bills D will be tested by an offensive juggernaut. I'm not confident the Bills can slow down their offense. Additionally, I believe the Bills D really hasn't been tested because of their opponents. 

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think you have to look at the Bills D and the opposing offenses. Pitt and Houston are horrible. Miami lost Tua and had to play Brissett on a whim. Wash offense looks decent. I think it's fair to say the Bills D hasn't faced a quality offensive team. Obviously, nothing like the Chiefs. The Chiefs have lost mainly because their defense isn't good. Their offense is still one of the best in the league, they know how to beat the Bills, and they have Kelce who the Bills have no answer. The defense looks very promising but up front they are still very young. I'm not sure they can pressure Mahomes to win the game. I think he will shred the Bills defense. Similarly, Allen should do the same. However, Reid and the Chiefs seem to know how to shut down the Bills offense. In summary, the Bills D will be tested by an offensive juggernaut. I'm not confident the Bills can slow down their offense. Additionally, I believe the Bills D really hasn't been tested because of their opponents. 

I think our defense is good, but I have no idea how good.  

I don’t expect us to hold KC under 24, but I’d also be disappointed if they scored over 31. 

Somewhere between 24-31 would still make me believe we have a Top 10 Defense that hasn’t only been inflated by bad offenses.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, boco357 said:

I'm ok if we lose 37-34, but if the Bills lose  like 26-14 and offense can't do anything going the 3rd time in a row vs KC, going to be very disappointing.  

It'll kill me.  I'll feel like early to mid 2000 Colts when they just couldn't get past Brady and the Pats.....but it did happen once!

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, boco357 said:

I'm ok if we lose 37-34, but if the Bills lose  like 26-14 and offense can't do anything going the 3rd time in a row vs KC, going to be very disappointing.  

I'm not ok with a loss. Not sure how you are

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We needed a new attitude against the Chiefs, specifically… we needed more “dog” in us last year.  

Sanders is a dog.  We now have a legit #2 who can deal with physical DB play should the Chiefs try that again.  (Also helps that we’re healthy at WR). 

If we go with Brown at RT… That dude is a DOG.  We’ll see how good he truly is should he get the primetime start, but so far, so good. 

Darryl Williams at RG.  Chris Jones/Cam Heyward types have destroyed our interior. I’m hopeful a big body like Williams at RG will help against the physicality of Jones. 

Lots of changes have been made going into this game from the the team we saw last year.  

Of course, it really all comes down to Josh Allen..  If he’s on, we’re winning this game.  We have a better team than the Chiefs.  If he’s flustered and under attack all game, we likely lose, and then it’s back to the drawing board. 

Good post. Play with confidence.

I will add a name to that list, Boogie. You drafted him after watching what the Bucs did to KC. Basham looked solid against the Texans. I think he will look even better under the lights for a big game.

15 minutes ago, nucci said:

Neutral pass rate?

Pass rate for 1st and 2nd downs where your team has between a 25% and 75% chance of winning the game, excluding final 2:00 of each half. 

Edited by LeviF

Does anyone think there's anything to the Chiefs moving Jones outside? Could it be why there hemorrhaging rush yards and not getting much of a rush now? Maybe he's not good enough to handle the good tackles of the NFL? Have they sprinkled him back to the inside at all? Im just really curious because he's been an absolute nightmare for our interior lineman. I've got to assume thats a matchup they feel like they need to take advantage of..... I also have to wonder if the refs are gonna let their DB's drape all over our wr's again. We saw how they had to alter that approach in the superbowl once they got called for it and what it led to.

As far as the matchup with their D as a whole goes. I guess i'm in the camp that needs to see Allen actually do it against them before i'll just expect it. Even against what looks to be a crap defense. I've got some scar tissue from those games.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, boco357 said:

Bills need to win period and I'll go as far as to say this should be treated as our SB which I know sounds strange in October and considering how well this team has played the last 3 weeks and their long term prospects this season. No it's not just another game no matter what the players and coaches say publicly.

Because one thing I think is for certain is that this years Chiefs right now look a lot like Pats teams of years past in that their defense isn't up to snuff early in the season but will put it together by Nov/Dec when it matters. And the sad reality is all the Chiefs need to do is play marginally better on defense to become the odds on SB favorite again because barring injuries their offense is what it is.

So if the Bills do lose this game again and it's because of Allen and the offense you can forget about going anywhere come January. I think there is also a lot of pressure on McDermott/Frazier/etc to come up with something different on defense and make quick adjustments if they can't get pressure with just the front four because that's how the AFCG spiraled out of control quickly in the 2nd quarter when the Chiefs easily went down the field for 3 straight TD's before halftime. Conversely we need to pretty much go for every 4th down situation if we are past the 50 yard line.

31 minutes ago, nucci said:

Neutral pass rate?

I'm thinking it has something to do with Switzerland.

6 minutes ago, LeviF said:

All it really tells you is how pass-happy a team is in general. 

Eh, it's baseball envy. That level of stats is for geeks like Hapless (though I appreciate those who can make sense of it.)

As I think more and more about this game, no reason we can't put up points.  Jalen Freaking Hurts moved the ball and scored on KC.  They don't have a pass rush anymore and their redzone defense is horrible.

If we don't play tight like we did last year against them, we should have a great offensive day....no reason it doesn't happen.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Bills also have Miss healthy for this game and Moss brings a physical presence to the running game. Agree with everything you said but I also think Diggs, Davis and Beasley being healthy will help the offense. In the AFCCG last year all the WR’s were banged up and it made it impossible for the offense to move the ball.

This time in addition to hopefully having more physicality this team has the skill position players healthy and ready to go.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.