What was up with Beasley today?

16 minutes ago, NY Nole said:

You seem just as opinionated and defiant as you are trying to portray Beasley being. Maybe you should stay off social media.

Bobby is often highly critical of the Bills. But apparently that is ok. 

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I can go with that first.  I wouldn't boo, myself, and I don't like it, but far be it fro m me to question the "fan card" of someone who feels differently.

Confronting the player in his car while his kids and wife are with him is IMHO taking it too far.

He knew he was lying when he called out the entire Bills fanbase for harassing him for his choice/beliefs/performance.

He cried wolf...........after that, any subsequent vague complaint can be presumed false or exaggerated.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

36 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Well when you decide to get very vocal on a subject to the Point the HC has to talk to you about your Social Media Posts on that very subject. You better be ready for the response. 

So only those who hold one opinion can get “ very vocal “ on social media , while those who disagree should be ready for a response? Sorry, but that’s BS. Beasley is a good player on the Bills. Shouldn’t be getting booed by knuckleheads. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, NC-billsfan! said:

What are you implying? I live near a town like that, not sure how it’s relevant.

It’s an innocent joke about Brooklyn, but I’m assuming you live near Asheville.. if so, sentiment is the same. 

Edited by SCBills

44 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As a parent being confronted with your kids in the car and being hot about it is not being a "baby".  Protecting your "babies" is 100% right-on as a parent, IMO.  

I agree with @SectionC3, leave the kids and the family out of it - that's way over the line.

His complaint as far as I know doesn't mention that.  Just mentions the boos from the crowd and cries about it and paints "bills fans" with a broad ignorant brush.

If he were to say something along the lines of "please bills fans, if we disagree on the topic of vaccination, please leave the kids out of it"   that's pretty unimpeachible

42 minutes ago, NY Nole said:

You seem just as opinionated and defiant as you are trying to portray Beasley being. Maybe you should stay off social media.

Care to tell me my Social Media logins I wouldn’t know them. 

1 minute ago, May Day 10 said:

His complaint as far as I know doesn't mention that.  Just mentions the boos from the crowd and cries about it and paints "bills fans" with a broad ignorant brush.

If he were to say something along the lines of "please bills fans, if we disagree on the topic of vaccination, please leave the kids out of it"   that's pretty unimpeachible

Well, Beasley didn’t mention the incident; it was Feliciano that mentioned it. 

24 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

So only those who hold one opinion can get “ very vocal “ on social media , while those who disagree should be ready for a response? Sorry, but that’s BS. Beasley is a good player on the Bills. Shouldn’t be getting booed by knuckleheads. 

Unlike Beasley those others didn’t say “Out of respect for my teams mates I am getting off social media until season over”. 

28 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Bobby is often highly critical of the Bills. But apparently that is ok. 

Yep it is. See I also pay money to this team. So yeah I can be critical. And really haven’t been critical of them in a long time either.  Next time tag me when you want to talk about me deal? 

54 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nobody who didn't make their way to that stadium and sit in the pouring rain for 3 hours to literally support their team in person and financially has any right whatsoever to question the loyalty of any Bills fan in attendance.    Common sense but we have a lot of tough talkers with big hats and no cattle on TSW.

to each his own, I guess. I am going to support this team no matter what. It’s the same way I would support my kid’s little league team— win or lose, I am staying positive.  

I guess it’s different fans have different perspectives. 

• Like (+1) 1

This whole thing is frustrating me on multiple levels so bare with me stuttering through this.

First and foremost we live where we have choices in life.. The choice to boo or not boo... the choice to take a vaccine or not take a vaccine.. the choice to voice our own opinions, no matter if the majority likes that decision or not. So knowing all of this.. this is how I look at this whole thing. As a fan I hate this distraction. The week before the big game and it is the last thing we need. As an guy born and raised in western NY... proud or my heritage, I applaud him for voicing an opinion... The more we voice our opinions and are heard the less mental disease we will have in society. 

So I try my hardest to play devils advocate.. try and understand his side of things.. Bees has always worked hard at his craft and I can  see why it would be bothersome when you work hard at that craft and then feel like he is getting boo'd for his freedom of choice. So if you just put what I have just said into perspective maybe.. just maybe one would understand... but that is not the end of the book on this topic.

This is also a business he works for. He is getting paid to do a job and make the right decisions not only during game play and practices but outside the field. And because he is being paid to not only produce on the field but to... be a good teammate... be something kids look up to.. at his age in football? be a leader and act like one... 

So that is why this ticks me off.. He is being interruptive to the business of football and the business of being a buffalo bill... and to even take it to the next level... they are not just giving those seats...  we pay for them... Cole does not pay for them... Who is he to tell us how to react to him?  BECAUSE... It is also our right to voice OUR opinions.. And if Cole don't like that then that makes him a bigot.. He does not have the right to voice his opinion and tell us we can not voice ours... I mean who does he think he is? MAYBE... he needs to be reminded what country he lives in?

I apologize for the long read... I just wanted to explain and share my thinking process on the matter. Thanks for the read. 

• Like (+1) 5

12 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I've been to every home game this year and honestly think you are way off base.  I'm hearing "Beeeeeees" every time.  Definitely not booing.

I couldn’t agree with you more. When I saw this, as an open minded person, I can see both sides…. Like echoed here already, much like the “BRUUUUCE” cheer, “BEEEAASSSSSEEE” initially sounded to me like a “BOOO”…. I know it may seem crazy for anyone that hasn’t heard it in person, but I assure you- the loud cheers you hear when he’s on the field are 100% “BEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE”.

1) 70,000 sat in a downpours. 
2) paid a day(s) wages

3) ALL 70K HAD TO BE VACCINATED. 

cole should have at least had the maturity to know the situation and his audience (all wet, all vaxed) 

Cole…just say;

“Sorry, this is ultimately a private matter, I am adhering to NFL covid guidance going forward as required”

(Get test, get paid, get quiet)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

1) 70,000 sat in a downpours. 
2) paid a day(s) wages

3) ALL 70K HAD TO BE VACCINATED. 

cole should have at least had the maturity to know the situation and his audience (all wet, all vaxed) 

Cole…just say;

“Sorry, this is ultimately a private matter, I am adhering to NFL covid guidance going forward as required”

(Get test, get paid, get quiet)

What actions of his gives you any sign of maturity? 🤣

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

I think you may be the only person I've ever met who's never lied in his life.

Good on you! 

I hope my daughter meets somebody like you someday. A Bills fan and an honest one to boot. ❤️❤️❤️

It was an entire section I heard. And they were relentless the whole game.

Aside a bit, but I think it would be terrible to get involved with someone who never lies, not even a little bit.

Can you imagine?  "Do these pants make my butt look fat?"  "Yes dear, they do"

I think the term "liar" is getting thrown around a bit loosely.  A lot of people make intentional statements "I'm getting off social media"  "I'm going to lose weight" "I quit smoking" and then for one or another reason they don't or can't.  I don't think that puts them in the same class as someone who, say, lies under oath in court or lies about being vaccinated etc etc.

• Haha (+1) 1

the conversation here has remained on point and not sway into fighting bickering. Very good insights and perspectives. Im glad this thread wasnt closed even though its long and potentially very divisive. I still sense fellowship as bills fans

#classy

• Like (+1) 3