What was up with Beasley today?

7 minutes ago, Muppy said:

the conversation here has remained on point and not sway into fighting bickering. Very good insights and perspectives. Im glad this thread wasnt closed even though its long and potentially very divisive. I still sense fellowship as bills fans

#classy

This thread is like a swan....gliding serenely across the surface of a lake....while underneath the water its little feet are paddling like Hell

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

What actions of his gives you any sign of maturity? 🤣

Oh, c'mon Man, must we go there?  He's a married guy, father of 4 kids, see pictures of his wife and kids it's obvious he's a loving husband and dad.

He's been a good teammate and mentor to Josh, has supported him publicly saying it shouldn't be all on Josh and privately, being seen hugging a discouraged Josh about to face the media after the 2019 Ravens loss.  Guy played his ass off on a broken leg in the playoffs, being willing to sacrifice for the team is a sign of maturity.

If he wants his decision to be private and unquestioned, he's handling himself ass-backwards (I was gonna say bass-ackwards but I gotta respect our Bass)

But we all probably have blind spots.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Go ahead and boo if you must. 

Lot less yellow coats around this year..... 😉

Real Bills fans don't do that crap. Especially to guys that embody the blue collar nature of the city like Beasely does.

@The Firebaugh Kid, permit me to introduce you to @BADOLBILZ@BADOLBILZ, may I present to you @The Firebaugh Kid?

4 minutes ago, Governor said:

I forgot he was on the team. Looks like they’re phasing him out of the offense. It isn’t a good situation for Pegula when 70 percent of the country hates one of your players.

C'mon man.  70% of the country does no such thing.  For one thing, the NFL would be in alt if 70% of the country cared enough about NFL football to know who Cole Beasley is, even.

There is no evidence Beasley is being "phased out" of the offense.  He had  a couple games in 2019 and in 2020 where he only played 50% of the snaps and only had 2 targets.  It's defense-specific, who they decide to try to take away.  That's why Beasley had 0 receptions on 2 targets against the Ravens but 7 for 7 against the Colts and 7 of 9 against the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NY Nole said:

You seem just as opinionated and defiant as you are trying to portray Beasley being. Maybe you should stay off social media.

Did he make an agreement with his employer and co-workers to do so? Is he a public figure?

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He knew he was lying when he called out the entire Bills fanbase for harassing him for his choice/beliefs/performance.

He cried wolf...........after that, any subsequent vague complaint can be presumed false or exaggerated.

OK, thanks for explaining that POV.  I didn't take Beasley calling out the entire fan base as "lying" but I can see that interpretation.

I didn't see Beasley complaining about being harassed by fans, that was Feliciano:

On the other hand, it's a fair cop that's vague, and could range from someone walking by the car and shouting "your dad should get vaccinated" as they pass, or screaming profanities and curses to that effect while getting in the road, blocking the path.  The first is kinda milquetoast, the latter is way out of line IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

@The Firebaugh Kid, permit me to introduce you to @BADOLBILZ@BADOLBILZ, may I present to you @The Firebaugh Kid?

C'mon man.  70% of the country does no such thing.  For one thing, the NFL would be in alt if 70% of the country cared enough about NFL football to know who Cole Beasley is, even.

There is no evidence Beasley is being "phased out" of the offense.  He had  a couple games in 2019 and in 2020 where he only played 50% of the snaps and only had 2 targets.  It's defense-specific, who they decide to try to take away.  That's why Beasley had 0 receptions on 2 targets against the Ravens but 7 for 7 against the Colts and 7 of 9 against the Chiefs.

You’re partly right. Most Americans had no idea who the guy was, but now EVERYONE knows his name, and knows 1 thing about him, that he’s a vocal anti-vaxer conspiracy theorist.

Thats extremely embarrassing as a fan. I can only imagine how ownership and other players feel.

The Buffalo Bills are a business, and Cole is really really bad for business. It will come to a head at some point.

And now he’s a victim.

Edit: I just saw his tweets. This not gonna end well.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, c'mon Man, must we go there?  He's a married guy, father of 4 kids, see pictures of his wife and kids it's obvious he's a loving husband and dad.

He's been a good teammate and mentor to Josh, has supported him publicly saying it shouldn't be all on Josh and privately, being seen hugging a discouraged Josh about to face the media after the 2019 Ravens loss.  Guy played his ass off on a broken leg in the playoffs, being willing to sacrifice for the team is a sign of maturity.

If he wants his decision to be private and unquestioned, he's handling himself ass-backwards (I was gonna say bass-ackwards but I gotta respect our Bass)

This and not sure what he may have thought he heard.

The easiest way to keep personal decisions... you know - PERSONAL, is to not shout them from the roof tops on public media.

If you do, and some folks take issue with your opinions, then you probably need to spend more time contemplating discretion than getting salty that there are folks out there that will publicly disagree with you.

Other than his personal takes, which I didn't really need to know in the first place and could have easily been handled behind the 4 walls of OBD, I like Beas as a Bill and as a player - tough as nails and damn reliable.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 2

I think Beasley's position in this question is ridiculous and stupid and he for sure could have handled the situation better, but I can still root for him as a part of the Bills. Had we ever traded for Vick however, that wouldn't have been the case.

Booing him serves no purpose whatsoever. You'll never change a person's mind by acting like an arsehole.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dude.  It was a joke. 

37 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Go ahead and boo if you must. 

Lot less yellow coats around this year..... 😉

Real Bills fans don't do that crap. Especially to guys that embody the blue collar nature of the city like Beasely does. 

I hadn’t been to a game in probably 5-6 years until the first three games this year, and have noticed zero fights in the stands or people running around the roof of the dugout suites. Times have changed. Used to be a free-for-all in the end zones too. Much calmer atmosphere now - which has been really great. Winning cures a lot of ills, as does better enforcement. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Here is the introductions and it sounds like Booing when he is introduced ..

However this was in 2019 .. so I am thinking it is just people yelling Beese.

Or perhaps it’s foreshadowing?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Governor said:

I forgot he was on the team. Looks like they’re phasing him out of the offense. It isn’t a good situation for Pegula when 70 percent of the country hates one of your players. 

Something will have to give at some point.

Now that’s just naive and silly, multi billionaires don’t give a rats azs what the you and I’s of this planet think, let alone just one country…., as long as Beasley performs at a high level he is a shoe in to stay a Bill, regardless of what you or I might believe. 

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Persecution complex and perspective.  People see what they want to see, and Bees wanted to see (well, hear) boos, so he did.

Guy took a stand on the vax.  I disagree with him, but it was his call.  I never bood him, and watching him last week thought it was good the season was going and this Twitter crap was over.

Problem is, as I initially said, is that he's locked on his view.  He got upset and lashed out at the entire fan base, including loyal fans that shelled out money to sit through a downpour and still cheered...just because he stayed fixated on the ones that didn't.  That didn't sit well with me.

We're all human and lash out in the heat of the moment.  What really chafed me was after.  He had time to settle, calm and reflect on it.  He had a chance to apologize and clarify, to note there are a lot of good Bills' fans that support him, and his frustrations lie with the others.  He didn't.  He just doubled down.  Why?  Because he cannot break his fixation.  His attention is solely locked on his detractors and nothing else matters.

He's lost my respect and support.  I will not boo him, but I also won't shed a tear when he's gone.

Edited by The Red King
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

to each his own, I guess. I am going to support this team no matter what. It’s the same way I would support my kid’s little league team— win or lose, I am staying positive.  

I guess it’s different fans have different perspectives. 

Oh.........so you also don't attend your kid's little league games? :lol:

The Bills are a professional football team................pro as in PAID..........if you aren't at the games and a paying customer tangibly supporting the team then you just aren't qualified to speak on how those who do so choose to express their feelings about the team.  

You are the unregistered voter complaining about the election result.

Doesn't make you less of a fan but as Mike Leach would say.........those fans are "committed".........you are just "involved".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3

29 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Persecution complex and perspective.  People see what they want to see, and Bees wanted to see (well, hear) boos, so he did.

Guy took a stand on the vax.  I disagree with him, but it was his call.  I never bood him, and watching him last week thought it was good the season was going and this Twitter crap was over.

Problem is, as I initially said, is that he's locked on his view.  He got upset and lashed out at the entire fan base, including loyal fans that shelled out money to sit through a downpour and still cheered...just because he stayed fixated on the ones that didn't.  That didn't sit well with me.

We're all human and lash out in the heat of the moment.  What really chafed me was after.  He had time to settle, calm and reflect on it.  He had a chance to apologize and clarify, to note there are a lot of good Bills' fans that support him, and his frustrations lie with the others.  He didn't.  He just doubled down.  Why?  Because he cannot break his fixation.  His attention is solely locked on his detractors and nothing else matters.

He's lost my respect and support.  I will not boo him, but I also won't shed a tear when he's gone.

Focusing solely on your detractors is a classic rap move. Maybe Slim Beasley just stays in character all the time. 

• Haha (+1) 2