What was up with Beasley today?

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

70% of the country doesn’t hate Beasley.  

The only people who would ever think that spend way too much time online.  

Twitter isn’t real life. 

Twitter is where people go to believe that their opinion / life actually means something in the grand scheme of things. Delusions of grandeur.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

22 hours ago, SCBills said:

Bizarre tweet. Almost every reply to him are fans who were at the game stating they were chanting BEEEAAASSSS.

I've been on his side through all this, but he's making it real difficult right now.  

Really not what we need heading into a national game against the Chiefs.  

I've been 100% behind him, but he needs to lay low on social media and focus on his craft. He'll get unwanted media attention regardless but he's making it worse. So far, only a complete biased moron would say it has impacted his play, he had 3 solid games! But he was not much involved in the gameplan last Sunday. Let him and the others roast the Chiefs and everything will be rosy again

I'm sure most of us in all likelihood know adults whom have not been vaxxed. Myself personally, I have friends and relatives. Like many who realize the importance of stopping the spread of covid 19 I try my best to convince them. To me its like telling them don't go into deep water without a life jacket If you don't know how to swim. Our bodies in many instances does not know how to protect itself from covid 19 properly.  Naturally we can't put on a life jacket every time we are near water. (mask) Vaccine teaches our body how to doggie paddle If we fall in the water. I understand people wanting to boo Cole Beasley.  Fans are booing the message he sends in response. If you want to use a platform that reaches millions prepare for the consequences when most of them don't agree with you.

The multi talented Bills WR is also a singer, song writter, and he gets it. Beasley's profession because of Covid is compromised now because of the mans beliefs and passions. I think its important for everyone to remember the freedoms he stands for and try to stand united for our freedoms even when we disagree on something. When it comes to Cole Beasleys profession the virus should not be part of the equation. Its not something he asked for, expected or prepared for and like the rest of us is doing his best to reach the light at the end of the tunnel.      

Edited by Figster
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Careca said:

I do appreciate how many folks are happy to explain that beasley never ever gets booed, despite his insistence that the boo'ing from fans is really messing with him.

It seems obvious there are some boo’ing and talking trash to him..  I’ve seen Bills “fans” on Twitter saying they do just that.  

Sadly, some people can’t even set aside differences in beliefs for just 3 hours while at a football game.  

That said, he’s blowing this out of proportion and it’s very clear that most of the stadium is cheering for him, and he knows most Bills fans like him.  

As someone who agrees with Beasley on his stance and loves him as a player, I would hope he steps back this week and realizes he overreacted with that tweet.  I’m sure it sucks to deal with people like that in your own stadium, but it comes with the territory… Kyrie, Draymond, Isaac, Lebron, Beal etc., are all getting trash talked by some of their “fans” because they disagree with certain aspects of this issue as well. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

I think it's safe to say Beasley is gone after this season. With Sanders and McKenzie on 1 year deals, looks like we'll have a pretty big shake up at WR. 

Going to be a major need next off-season.

Sanders looks like someone they would like to bring back. There’s plenty of time between now and “then,” but this Beasley stuff seems like it’s going to be a recurring distraction. 

On 10/4/2021 at 2:50 AM, Bubba Gump said:

Probably getting sick of beeing booed during intro's and everytime they say his name over the PA system. I'm kinda starting to feel bad for the guy. The boo's when he comes out of the tunnel during intro's are brutally loud. Fans are horrible. When he makes a catch, the fans cheer. Once they announce who caught it, the fans then boo. It's ridiculous. Someone near me said are you sure they are chanting "COOOLE". I'm like, there is no way that makes any sense. You can't make "Cole" sound like a low "ooooooo" sound.

Not doubting you...but I was at the game Sunday, and it seemed like Beasley got a ton of applause.  Granted, he didn't see a lot of passes but I think he got as much applause during the intros as anyone, except maybe Josh.  I am sure the fact that it seems like he is losing some balls to Sanders (his bestie) isn't helping. Some of these guys have incredibly fragile egos. 

I love the player, but I hate to say it, if he is hearing boos, he kinda brings it on himself to a degree.  We all know that guys like Poyer and Ferguson (maybe Josh?) are not vaccinated, but none of them actively sought out to be the spokesperson for a "cause".  He asked for the attention, he shouldn't be surprised if he gets some negative feedback for it.  I found the comment "I thought Bills fans were supposed to be the best fans" comment to be incredibly immature.  Oh well...hopefully this doesn't become a bigger distraction.

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Figster said:

I'm sure most of us in all likelihood know adults whom have not been vaxxed. Myself personally, I have friends and relatives. Like many who realize the importance of stopping the spread of covid 19 I try my best to convince them. To me its like telling them don't go into deep water without a life jacket If you don't know how to swim. Our bodies in many instances does not know how to protect itself from covid 19 properly.  Naturally we can't put on a life jacket every time we are near water. (mask) Vaccine teaches our body how to doggie paddle If we fall in the water. I understand people wanting to boo Cole Beasley.  Fans are booing the message he sends in response. If you want to use a platform that reaches millions prepare for the consequences when most of them don't agree with you.

The multi talented Bills WR is also a singer, song writter, and he gets it. Beasley's profession because of Covid is compromised now because of the mans beliefs and passions. I think its important for everyone to remember the freedoms he stands for and try to stand united for our freedoms even when we disagree on something. When it comes to Cole Beasleys profession the virus should not be part of the equation. Its not something he asked for, expected or prepared for and like the rest of us is doing his best to reach the light at the end of the tunnel.      

What you fail to mention is the "greater good," if such a thing still exists. There are folks out there who, through no fault of their own have compromised immune systems. For them vaccines, in general, are less or ineffective. Beasley is being selfish and myopic when he questions why his vaccination status should concern others. He does not want to acknowledge that what he does with his life affects others.  Selfish and entitled.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

It seems obvious there are some boo’ing and talking trash to him..  I’ve seen Bills “fans” on Twitter saying they do just that.  

Sadly, some people can’t even set aside differences in beliefs for just 3 hours while at a football game.  

That said, he’s blowing this out of proportion and it’s very clear that most of the stadium is cheering for him, and he knows most Bills fans like him.  

As someone who agrees with Beasley on his stance and loves him as a player, I would hope he steps back this week and realizes he overreacted with that tweet.  I’m sure it sucks to deal with people like that in your own stadium, but it comes with the territory… Kyrie, Draymond, Isaac, Lebron, Beal etc., are all getting trash talked by some of their “fans” because they disagree with certain aspects of this issue as well. 

That said, Cole brings this all on himself, end of story.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beerball said:

What you fail to mention is the "greater good," if such a thing still exists. There are folks out there who, through no fault of their own have compromised immune systems. For them vaccines, in general, are less or ineffective. Beasley is being selfish and myopic when he questions why his vaccination status should concern others. He does not want to acknowledge that what he does with his life affects others.  Selfish and entitled.

This is a very fair response and I'm going to let you have the last word.

Thanks 

28 minutes ago, Process said:

I think it's safe to say Beasley is gone after this season. With Sanders and McKenzie on 1 year deals, looks like we'll have a pretty big shake up at WR. 

I see your point however slightly disagree.

McKenzie wasn't a guy they brought back right away. I don't see him involved in many offensive snaps. My guess is that they hope Stephenson can fill his role next year. This possibly being Bease's last season here I believe was always in play. Davis is a guy that can step in. Knox is becoming a weapon. I can see them grabbing a mid to lower level WR (Someone like Lazard from GB) and a mid round pick.

For as good as this offense as it needs 1 major thing to evolve in my opinion. I think we need a true speed threat. Yes, Sanders, Diggs and Davis can get open down field but I want that guys that not even Allen can overthrow. A Hollywood Brown, Henry Ruggs type guy that defenses have to fear deep on every play.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Process said:

I think they can probably bring back mckenzie in the gadget/return role - those guys rarely get paid much.  Depending how the rest of the year goes with sanders I can see him likely back as well and continuing to play well as a slot WR.  They also have Davis whos been banged up so far this year.  Even with a limited budget there are quite a few players who can play on this list.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/wide-receiver//

If they wanted to look at slot guys - crowder comes to mind, humphries.  Assuming they don't bring back sanders.  I'm not all - get rid of bease either.  The guy you sign would need to cost less than 6.1 million and give you similar production for you to feel like its a smart cost savings move.  

Also FWIW - sanders is 4th in yards, 5th in catches and tied for 3rd in TDs on this list.  Everyone ahead of him is likely looking at 17-25 mil AAV deals so...  If he wants another year, i'd feel compelled to give it to him.  He's still good!

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I see your point however slightly disagree.

McKenzie wasn't a guy they brought back right away. I don't see him involved in many offensive snaps. My guess is that they hope Stephenson can fill his role next year. This possibly being Bease's last season here I believe was always in play. Davis is a guy that can step in. Knox is becoming a weapon. I can see them grabbing a mid to lower level WR (Someone like Lazard from GB) and a mid round pick.

For as good as this offense as it needs 1 major thing to evolve in my opinion. I think we need a true speed threat. Yes, Sanders, Diggs and Davis can get open down field but I want that guys that not even Allen can overthrow. A Hollywood Brown, Henry Ruggs type guy that defenses have to fear deep on every play.

The problem is those guys can be 1 trick ponies.  It tends to tip your hand a bit when you put them on the field.  Sanders is actually currently 9th in the league in yards per reception.  He's also 4th in the league in average depth of target among WRs who have at least 20 targets - behind ruggs, sutton, and chark.  

I personally want to see them go after interior offensive line in 2022 with the first pick, or maybe a corner.  If they aren't paying edmunds its a nice spot to grab a LB to groom.  I feel like at pick 32 (see what i did there 😉) you'd be getting like the 6th best WR in the draft at best.  

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

TBF he had to limit his social media in Dallas because he was throwing hissy fits there too. Whenever he feels slighted he gets real defensive. He isn't slow to level accusations or insults either. 

He made the comment after the trade here that the best thing he did was to hand his social media over to his PR team and step away from it.

Said the same thing during and after his first 2 seasons here in various interviews.

Now evidently he thinks it doesn't matter? or is no longer the best thing?

I didn't know his SM history in Dallas, but it's clearly a distraction to the team at this point.  I count 30 stories linked in the newsfeed here for today, and fully 1 in 5 (20%) are about Beasley. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1