What was up with Beasley today?

36 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh.........so you also don't attend your kid's little league games? :lol:

The Bills are a professional football team................pro as in PAID..........if you aren't at the games and a paying customer tangibly supporting the team then you just aren't qualified to speak on how those who do so choose to express their feelings about the team.  

You are the unregistered voter complaining about the election result.

Doesn't make you less of a fan but as Mike Leach would say.........those fans are "committed".........you are just "involved".

well, I do go to games. Not a season ticket holder because of where I live. But I will get out to a game or two each year. I do seem to nonetheless drop a boatload of time and money on this team each year. 

That said, I am Not sure it matters whether one pays a lot of money or not. Anyone can cheer or boo. My view of a fan is that a Fan should unconditionally support the team and its players. I don’t think it has anything to do with paying money or having the right to boo— everyone has that right. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Bills are a professional football team................pro as in PAID..........if you aren't at the games and a paying customer tangibly supporting the team then you just aren't qualified to speak on how those who do so choose to express their feelings about the team.  

You are the unregistered voter complaining about the election result.

Doesn't make you less of a fan but as Mike Leach would say.........those fans are "committed".........you are just "involved".

I can "get" the notion that the fans who are paying money to sit in the seats and support the team in person, pay for the right to express themselves as they choose.

Otherwise I think your analogy breaks down on several fronts.  For example, the Bills revenue, like other NFL teams, depends upon local and national revenue streams.  The Packers, which are the only team where the finances are public, earns roughly 60% (and rising rapidly) of their revenue from national streams (TV deals, NFL video, NFL licensing deals) and 40% from local revenue including tickets, concessions, and local merchandising.

Obviously under this model, TV viewers and consumers of NFL merchandise and video products are also tangibly supporting the team.

To use your analogy, they are more like the registered voter who mails in their ballot.

Fans at the game can express their opinion by booing, and fans not at the game can express their opinions that "Beer Bong Heroes" who choose to boo and heckle players for their expressed beliefs outside of football are "weak sticks".  If you're paying all that money to go to a game, why would you make that choice to heckle and be nasty instead of basking in the positive, while there is positive to be basked in?

I get the point that you're there in person with the right to express your opinion pro or con, but those at home also get their opinion.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I can "get" the notion that the fans who are paying money to sit in the seats and support the team in person, pay for the right to express themselves as they choose.

Otherwise I think your analogy breaks down on several fronts.  For example, the Bills revenue, like other NFL teams, depends upon local and national revenue streams.  The Packers, which are the only team where the finances are public, earns roughly 60% (and rising rapidly) of their revenue from national streams (TV deals, NFL video, NFL licensing deals) and 40% from local revenue including tickets, concessions, and local merchandising.

Obviously under this model, TV viewers and consumers of NFL merchandise and video products are also tangibly supporting the team.

To use your analogy, they are more like the registered voter who mails in their ballot.

Fans at the game can express their opinion by booing, and fans not at the game can express their opinions that "Beer Bong Heroes" who choose to boo and heckle players for their expressed beliefs outside of football are "weak sticks".  If you're paying all that money to go to a game, why would you make that choice to heckle and be nasty instead of basking in the positive, while there is positive to be basked in?

I get the point that you're there in person with the right to express your opinion pro or con, but those at home also get a view.

Same guy is on record saying that one isn't a real Bills fan unless one has season tickets and goes to every home game.  Big yawn.  He knows more about football than you.  He's a bigger Bills fan than you.  And he's smarter than you.  He's been telling everyone that for years.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Beasley is a tough guy. I’ve always heard beeeaaasss. I’m sure there has been a few knuckleheads, but it’s hard to paint an entire fanbase with a broad brush. I hope this guy is alright mentally, cuz it ain’t a big deal him not being vaxxed. If I’m him I get the J&J & call it a day. 

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 2

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Same guy is on record saying that one isn't a real Bills fan unless one has season tickets and goes to every home game.  Big yawn.  He knows more about football than you.  He's a bigger Bills fan than you.  And he's smarter than you.  He's been telling everyone that for years.  

Perhaps there are seats available for the seminar and we can learn.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Beasley is in a Twitter convo with Mark Cuban.  It’s interesting back and forth right now.  Beasley said people right behind the bench are booing him and talking s**t telling him to get vaccinated and stuff.  

I don’t in any way agree with any of his tweets and comments about vaccination, but come on, on football Sunday it’s game time.  He’s a Buffalo Bill and when he’s on that field politics and differing opinions shouldn’t matter any more.  His views are stupid, but that doesn’t make him a bad person, it makes him misinformed.

So IMHO opinion, leave it be during the games and root for this team and everyone on it to play well.  So far, his stance hasn’t caused any issues for the team or other players other than the personal backlash he receives on social media for his ill-advised comments.  

So until something happens that hurts the team or the players around him, I don’t really see the need to boo or harass him during the games.

This reads like if you don't think like I do you are stupid and aren't capable of understanding something as well as I do. You know cause I'm smarter than you.

Edited by Starr Almighty

6 hours ago, Governor said:

I forgot he was on the team. Looks like they’re phasing him out of the offense. It isn’t a good situation for Pegula when 70 percent of the country hates one of your players. 

Something will have to give at some point.

Why would 70% hate him? When did we become like this? If you don't agree with me I hate you, your stupid. Really? And people are questioning his maturity?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Beasley is a great player. I am glad he is a Bill. I would name my dog after him. Word to the wise Bro. Stick to football and don't get on the wrong side of the Bills Mafia. I don't think you are getting booed by anyone except maybe a drunken idiot or five.

Edited by bmur66
  • Like (+1) 2

I haven't read through this thread but my takeaway from his tweets were he's not that bright for generalizing the entire Bills fan base for a small group of hecklers in the stands.  Also, he's really naive to think he takes that big of a public stance on an extremely sensitive issue without receiving some blow back.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Between his age, cap number and now his constant battle with common sense...dash in some amount of paranoid behavior...yea wouldn't be shocking if it expedited his departure from Buffalo. 

WOW - well said!

Beasley seems to be "tilting at windmills". (Tilting at windmills is an English idiom which means "attacking imaginary enemies", originating from Miguel de Cervantes' early 17th century novel Don Quixote.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Beasley has the right to express his views on vaccination as backward as they are.  Athletes express their views on social media all the time and I’m not going to say only guys that express ideas I agree with should do so.  But when any athlete does that, they have to expect blow back from fans who disagree with them.  So for him to come out and basically insult the entire Mafia because a few folks don’t like his anti-vaccines stuff is way off base.

I think part of this is he wasn’t targeted much Sunday.  The guy is a great player for us, went out on a broken leg in the playoffs.  He’s a competitor.  Hope he catches 10 balls against the Chiefs.  And I hope he either gets vaccinated or calm his overly aggressive social media posts.

• Like (+1) 3

I’ve not read through all 28 pages, nor do I want to do so, but have read the last few.  For me, if you want to take a public stance against getting vacc., and at one point saying he wouldn’t follow his employers mandates for unvaccinated., and then act surprised there are some who are booing him, then whine on social media is creating you’re own mess.

I like him as a player, but he is making this a distraction for the team.  If you don’t want to get vacc., fine, but shut up for Christ’s sake.  You’ve made you’re points, and fine, that’s you’re right.  At this point, you’re just intentionally drawing attention to yourself and then complain about the attention.

Moving onto KC.  That’s what I care about and this conspiracy theory crap that he is being phased out is silly.  He just didn’t have the right matchup for some plays and Josh found others.  Josh wants to win and if Bease is open, Josh will throw to him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

Imagine if I told you during the height of EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton, that we’d be one of the best teams in the league by 2021. We’d have an mvp caliber quarterback.  We’d have a defense that forced two shut outs in row.  We’d be out scoring opponents by 90+ points. 

and finally that we’d spend a large portion of this golden time in our lives debating a subject pertaining to the teams third best wide receiver’s feelings….literally as far as his talents go he’s not even the best rapper on the bills, I’m almost sure. 

I think that were just more comfortable being angry and miserable; thank god for Cole and his bull#### making us feel at home. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The irony here is that Beasley cites freedom to choose in his decision but then complains about the freedom of fans to criticize him-- if in fact a handful of fans did boo him. His position is his position on vaccines-- got it. But, you can't have it both ways.  Everyone is free to do whatever they want  no matter the consequences, or not. He needs to stick with his self-imposed twitter ban on this.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Billschinatown said:

I think that were just more comfortable being angry and miserable; thank god for Cole and his bull#### making us feel at home. 

That describes about 85 percent of the population of the world now. Everyone’s angry about this or that and it’s always someone else’s fault. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

4 minutes ago, Casey D said:

The irony here is that Beasley cites freedom to choose in his decision but then complains about the freedom of fans to criticize him-- if in fact a handful of fans did boo him. His position is his position on vaccines-- got it. But, you can't have it both ways.  Everyone is free to do whatever they want  no matter the consequences, or not. He needs to stick with his self-imposed twitter ban on this.

Then again, we’re on a message board where discussion of COVID gets deleted / locked / you on time-out.  And I’m not criticizing the board rules, just saying. Would that TBD policy extended to the stadium and people could just enjoy the blasted game.

• Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Billschinatown said:

Imagine if I told you during the height of EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton, that we’d be one of the best teams in the league by 2021. We’d have an mvp caliber quarterback.  We’d have a defense that forced two shut outs in row.  We’d be out scoring opponents by 90+ points. 

and finally that we’d spend a large portion of this golden time in our lives debating a subject pertaining to the teams third best wide receiver’s feelings….literally as far as his talents go he’s not even the best rapper on the bills, I’m almost sure. 

lmao sorry hahaaa,,,yep still laughing

#TRUTH

Edited by Muppy
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

Why would 70% hate him? When did we become like this? If you don't agree with me I hate you, your stupid. Really? And people are questioning his maturity?

70% of the country doesn’t hate Beasley.  

The only people who would ever think that spend way too much time online.  

Twitter isn’t real life. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2