Jordan Poyer mic’d up vs WFT

YoloinOhio

I'm assuming the "Questionable" tag for Poyer today isn't going to stick. I was a bit shocked when I saw it, however, as I hadn't heard about anyone coming out of the game injured. And please, don't just say "It's the Texans, doesn't matter." 

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

I love these. It's astounding him and Micah don't get more national love, best duo in the NFL.

I agree.

Next to watching what incredible plays Josh may perform on gameday one of my many pleasures is watching Hyde and Poyer play. They have a symbiotic relationship that is only rivaled by Josh and Stefon. Great instincts, you rarely ever see them miss an assignment and are two of best tacklers on the squad.  

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

I love these. It's astounding him and Micah don't get more national love, best duo in the NFL.

I think they get quite a bit of love. Basically every broadcast they talk about how good they are and that they are one of the best safety tandems in the league. I think fans of other teams know about them. They are some of the first players mentioned when the national media talk about the Bills defense.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Sounds like he got a lot of crap for not running that one back.

Yeah, he said no one blocked for him 🙂

I love hearing the banter between them and the opponents, usually it's pretty respectful. It's fun to hear.

5 hours ago, The Dean said:

I'm assuming the "Questionable" tag for Poyer today isn't going to stick. I was a bit shocked when I saw it, however, as I hadn't heard about anyone coming out of the game injured. And please, don't just say "It's the Texans, doesn't matter." 

He did get injured in the last game and he had to come out. I'm not sure if he came back.

22 minutes ago, billsherd said:

He did get injured in the last game and he had to come out. I'm not sure if he came back.

He didn't, but the game was done so not sure if he couldn't or that was just precaution. The WFT only ran another 4 offensive plays after Poyer got nicked up. Jaquan Johnson came in and had a nice play stopping Heinicke running in a second touchdown of the day in a scramble situation. Played his initial responsibility well to keep inside leverage on Cam Simms as the Bills doubled him but then recognised at the critical moment that the play had broken down and the QB was running to come up off his coverage and make the tackle at the 2. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, MJS said:

I think they get quite a bit of love. Basically every broadcast they talk about how good they are and that they are one of the best safety tandems in the league. I think fans of other teams know about them. They are some of the first players mentioned when the national media talk about the Bills defense.

I believe individually they are underrated.  But they seem to get some love as a duo.  Just my observation.

3 hours ago, billsherd said:

As Gunner already said, he did not. But  he wasn't visibly limping or anything after the game from what I saw.

9 hours ago, The Dean said:

He hurt his ankle and had a walking boot after the game but he says it is minor. I expect him to be DNP or limited today.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

He hurt his ankle and had a walking boot after the game but he says it is minor. I expect him to be DNP or limited today.

Thanks. I didn't notice the boot. He can sit out a few practices. I just hope he can play on Sunday,

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t play, but 🙏

I wonder whether it being the Texans and the Chiefs and Titans coming back to back after it plays in? Might be a chance against Houston to get Jaquan Johnson out there for meaningful snaps, not risk Jordan and give him another week to heal. 

If it was KC this week I am all but certain he'd play. Given it isn't... I don't know. Might make sense to sit him. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I wonder whether it being the Texans and the Chiefs and Titans coming back to back after it plays in? Might be a chance against Houston to get Jaquan Johnson out there for meaningful snaps, not risk Jordan and give him another week to heal. 

If it was KC this week I am all but certain he'd play. Given it isn't... I don't know. Might make sense to sit him. 

Agree, its a long season and would be great to get some more development of Juquan.

10 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

I don't mean to harp on it but this is one of the most for frustrating parts about Edmunds. Edmunds does get national recognition. He get probowls. And he gets the tackle stats that make him look legit. Meanwhile it's Poyer, Johnson, Hyde, and White covering for his ass that makes the defense work. It of course should be those guys getting the recognition, but if it doesn't show up in the individual stats, people won't notice. And Edmunds falling on top of piles 7 or 8 times per game shows up in the stats 

Edited by pigpen65
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

Thanks. I didn't notice the boot. He can sit out a few practices. I just hope he can play on Sunday,

We were sitting right behind the medical table on Sunday. After some initial diagnosis and re-taping, he was fine on the sideline. Even dancing and hopping around at the end of the game. Wouldnt even know he was dinged up. He'll be fine for Sunday.

19 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We were sitting right behind the medical table on Sunday. After some initial diagnosis and re-taping, he was fine on the sideline. Even dancing and hopping around at the end of the game. Wouldnt even know he was dinged up. He'll be fine for Sunday.

That's what I saw as well. 

11 minutes ago, In Summary said:

Poyer's run support and willingness to hit impresses me.  I'd say he's a top 3 defender on this team along with Milano and White.

My only concern is how often (almost always) he is playing with his mouthpiece out and dangling. That is a concussion waiting to happen.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, pigpen65 said:

I don't mean to harp on it but this is one of the most for frustrating parts about Edmunds. Edmunds does get national recognition. He get probowls. And he gets the tackle stats that make him look legit. Meanwhile it's Poyer, Johnson, Hyde, and White covering for his ass that makes the defense work. It of course should be those guys getting the recognition, but if it doesn't show up in the individual stats, people won't notice. And Edmunds falling on top of piles 7 or 8 times per game shows up in the stats 

Agreed.  Crazy that Edmunds has 2 pro bowls and Poyer has none.  On the other hand, we should be happy that Edmunds is stealing everyone’s thunder.  He’ll get overpaid by someone else while we can hopefully keep our more important players (although Taron will likely be a casualty unless he takes less to stay) for bargain $ comparatively.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

(although Taron will likely be a casualty unless he takes less to stay)

This would be a tragedy, and I dont see why it would have to be the case.

For as much as we are in Nickel, and for what Taron contributes, the Bills would be better off paying him #2CB money, and leaving the actual #2 spot as a more revolving door. I think(hope) McBeane will see it that way as well.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

This would be a tragedy, and I dont see why it would have to be the case.

For as much as we are in Nickel, and for what Taron contributes, the Bills would be better off paying him #2CB money, and leaving the actual #2 spot as a more revolving door. I think(hope) McBeane will see it that way as well.

I hope it’s not the case, but I don’t see them paying 6Mish for him…..even though we pay butler 30% more than that to play 20 snaps a games.  

I think he might end up being the highest paid strictly slot player in the league if he continues to play like he has this season

8 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He was fine.  He had to come out for a play so he stayed out since game was won.

i liked how he was on the line against Ereck Flowers blocking and just shoved him aside.

He did same thing to him when he played against Mijami.