Beth Mowins to call Bills-Texans

1 hour ago, Man with No Name said:

I don't think im misogynistic, but Im willing to call out the differences between men and women enough that some leftists might say I am. That said, she did not bother me at all. Barely noticed her, which is good enough imo. Not somebody I would look forward to listening to, but I don't dread getting her again. She is no worse than the avg play by play man. 

I did enjoy the studio crew in the second half. Kudos to CBS for taking care of business for us. 

Leftists? 

i had the game muted and saw on the screen that the cbs crew were announcing and i totally thought she was so bad they pulled her!  anyways, thanks to whoever pulled the plug for a short while.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I actually had little problem with her.. Her voice is meh but she calls the game actually pretty well.  she goofed up once or twice but don't they all lately?

I don't get the hate. She was/is fine as a play by play person. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I actually had little problem with her.. Her voice is meh but she calls the game actually pretty well.  she goofed up once or twice but don't they all lately?

Problem with NFL games is that the crews are so unfamiliar with each team because they bounce around the league with each game. They don’t get a chance to properly understand the teams because the week after they are preparing for a completely different game. Compared to NBA, MLB and NHL announcers who watch so much more and commentate more consistently especially local announcers who just watch the same team.

3 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Yeah I have no idea what everyone’s deal is with her. I prefer understated as opposed to annoying commentators who need attention and focus on them instead of the game. Her and Barber were fine. 

People are just too conditioned to trust/enjoy such a small group of color commentators, most of whom we all consistently acknowledge are actually pretty annoying and don’t do their homework. 

This isn’t so much a matter of her being female imo but just people resistant to new blood in general 

• Disagree 1

The commentary was awful today. It actually was a good thing they had technical difficulties and they got cut off. Hope we never see them calling another Bills game again. 

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, todd said:

Leftists? 

Yeah that’s so shallow and funny at the same time, anyone who starts off with; I don’t think I’m a misogynist / hear me out…, introspection is something so many should investigate for themselves…, 

The vomit emoji is used by…, yes you guessed it…, 😂

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Vomit 1

2 hours ago, Beach said:

i had the game muted and saw on the screen that the cbs crew were announcing and i totally thought she was so bad they pulled her!  anyways, thanks to whoever pulled the plug for a short while.

This is what I was thinking as well, she was absolutely horrid. I hope that is the last time that we have her. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

The commentary was awful today. It actually was a good thing they had technical difficulties and they got cut off. Hope we never see them calling another Bills game again. 

How was it awful compared to all the other commentators? Serious question. I think they all more or less suck. So what about Beth and Tiki was so bad? I think you’re just not used to them so you’re incredibly biased here 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1