9/12/2021 Steelers @ Bills Post Game thread

Chandler#81

6 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

The bad PI on White’s interception was HUGE 

The completely ridiculous play call on 4th and 1 was huge.  They need to throw that play out and burn it from memory. Just stupid to throw the ball backwards 7 yds on 4th and 1 with the entire defense on the LOS

• Agree 4

A rusty offense that was out of sync, from not enough preseason play, and an OC who doesn’t seem to understand when to stick with the run game, having Allen run after those two very good Singletary runs into the red zone is an example, should have stayed with Singletary, he likely scores a TD at that point…, oh well, on to next week, 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

Our tackles absolutely suck against speed rushers. Dawkins and White shouldn't be paid in the top 5 of the NFL. Dawkins had a horrid day and White is just a good CB. I had a feeling that teams would use that KC playoff game plan against us all year and if we cannot run the football I expect to see it every week. 

That awful call offsetting the interception changed the entire outcome of the game. That said, our offense was trash today and the defense played well but didn’t make the clutch plays when we needed them at the end. Steelers well coached today. Lot to work on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, MPT said:

Disagree about DL and punter. The DL played very well the first half until the Steelers figured out they could just hold them every play without getting called for it. Haack had a few very nice punts and didn't shank any like their punter did (or like Bojo used to). On the blocked punt one of the Steelers came right up the middle basically unblocked.

I can see that.  The Steelers did hold a ton, but that happens.  Elite DL's get by it.  And Haack did have nice punts, but you simply need to punt different when a team is showing max block.  He held it too long doing his usual setup.  A 10 yard punt there is better than a block.  

Fans in the stands? Different QB. Different team. McDermott? Same ol conservative self. Made Dick Jauron look aggressive today. Daboll? Wake up dude. Lateral passes and dumb play calling on short yardage situations. O, and the PREMIUM DEFENSIVE DRAFT PICKS!!? Where ya at Beane? Let’s pass on Elijah Moore. Let’s continue to have slow Motor behind back field. Let’s think we are improved because we added Emmanuel Sanders who’s been in the league forever and is a DOWNGRADE to smoke. 

Is season over? No. However, the talk of this team being Super Bowl contenders? Joke. 

I’ll welcome all bashers with open arms. Tell me I’m wrong. I’m ready 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Playoffs? said:

Horrible game. Horrible playcalling. Horrible execution. You NEED to score a TD on 1st and goal in the 4th quarter. 

Allen looked rattled all game, just like in AFC championship game. He was not remotely close to good today.  first game.. fine, but he looked like a rookie. Why not give #26 the ball more?  We were arrogant to think we could go pass-only all game. Clearly the Steelers were ready for that. 

Would be nice to have a capable CB2… Levi was abused and it killed us. 

Penalties killed us too… gotta get more disciplined. 

I put this game squarely on Josh and coaches.  This looked like a team that was more focused on covid than football.   Better come out ready to play next week against an equally strong defense..  wish I could say I feel good. 

the running game opens up the field so much for passing. When you go 5 wide there is no mystery 

1. Steelers are better than they get credit for.

2. How did the bucs beat the cheifs? Got pressure with 4 didn't have to blitz. O line got murdered by watt today.

3. Coaching decisions were rusty today, take the 3 points when you can against elite defenses.

4.  Josh was a little off today but he should have been sacked 10 times today, no qb would have succeeded better than Allen with how under pressure he was.

5. Was not thrilled with play calling on 3rd down or 4th.

6. Learned lessons today, had a down day against an elite defense, that rarely comes out well. The bills are far from a bad team. Could be the kick in the ass we needed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

nope.  our weaknesses from last year were not fixed and now greater exposed.  we will be a wildcard team if that.  

I will say the same weaknesses were there and they were exposed more today.  Wallace is awful, with the occasional play made, except none came today.  The line still is getting no pressure vs a brand new line.  The OL got it handed to them.  There’s still no RB on this team.  Annnd there’s punting issues AGAIN.  

This team didn’t come to play, they sucked today.

• Like (+1) 1

A despicable showing by the Bills.

This felt like a drought era loss to me.

I think players and coaches alike bought into the off season hype. 

Allen was terrible.  The OL was terrible.  Our WR were terrible.  

This was eerily similar on O to the KC game.  Do defenses have Dabol figured out? It's possible. 

I'm just at a loss for words... 

We deserved this L. Felt all game like a team that believed the hype... 

Edited by JerseyBills

Anyone notice Josh’s hand swings?

If you go back to last year when he’s cooking his arms are swinging back and forth pre snap like he’s parking an airplane.

Pretty much all day today he was just tensed up to the max, the only time I saw the arms going is the touchdown drive and the FG drive at the EOG.

Buddy was jacked up today. He should settle in

Bills seemed overconfident like all they needed to do was show up and they'd win.

They played better than Pittsburgh for most of the game but just had way too many missed opportunities and just stupid plays.

2 TO downs, one on the dumbest play of the year candidate

A blocked punt for a TD 

Allen misses a wide open Sanders and Diggs for deep TDs 

Constant holding calls on several drives 

Way too many dumb plays and maybe being a little too full of themself.

They are a way better team than that. It's week 1. Let's not jump off a bridge. Week 1 overreactions are pretty common.

If they are playing like this in week 3 or 4 then I might be a little concerned.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4