Why Your Team Sucks: 2021 Buffalo Bills

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Magary sucks. Ever since his meltdown at Deadspin, and his gleeful take downs of anyone who has ever said something uncouth on the Internet, he isn’t funny anymore. Especially when he himself is a person with a checkered past at best.

So...he's Jim Bakker. 🤔

35 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I enjoy these. I do admit this one wasn’t his best. But this comment definitely had me laughing.  

“When people tell me they’re taking their kids to a Bills game, I contemplate calling Child Protective Services“

The comments were always better than Magary’s articles. And some things just run their course, Drew. Time for a new shtick…

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The comments were always better than Magary’s articles. And some things just run their course, Drew. Time for a new shtick…

Yeah when the only memorable lines are from the self-flagellating flunkies who prefer reading whatever website that is to watching football you know it's run its course.

The Lake Effect Diner closed.

Come on, it wasn't even a top-5 breakfast place in Buffalo! 

The last Bills game I went to was Bills/Jets in December 2019 where I chugged Twisted Tea from a medical pouch out of someone’s coat jacket while standing in line to enter the stadium. I was violently ill for the next week and a half. 

I was at this game and I swear to god I saw this guy

2 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

Looks like this was published yesterday, posting it here in case anyone else missed it :)

https://defector.com/why-your-team-sucks-2021-buffalo-bills/

Can we block the Defector like other sites have been? The site is trash and Magary is as irrelevant as a Nokia brick phone.

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

He has to cover ground for 32 teams every year and the better teams with better records have more difficult things to roast/make fun of. We were easy pickings when we were mired in mediocrity. It’s a pretty consistent theme through his write ups. The front 9 for all the ***** teams are typically pretty good. The back half slacks off as the material dries up. 

Ya’ll should read the NE and Jets ones. Some good chuckles there. 

• Like (+1) 1

80% of that article consisted of two jokes: Beasley is anti-vax and WNYers are all Trump-loving racists.  Not much about actual football except for getting worked in the AFC championship.  I think the Bills actually doing well pissed him off extra because he was no longer able to copy and paste the same jokes from years prior and get an easy paycheck.

Yeah, this was a disappointment. I've always loved this annual series, but this one was a bust. Beyond the exceedingly LOW hanging fruit of Cole Beasley's twitter antics (and, let's be honest-- for anyone who isn't a Bills fan, it's already comedic), there is not a shred of relevance in any of the material. Blithe insult is utterly humorless without am element of truth. The closest he came was to riff on Josh Allen's rural roots, but that all fell flat. It was as if Magary just glanced over Josh's Wikipedia page, and drew on stereotypes. Even the material on Bills' fandom was peppered with cliche.

Boring.

(I will say, though, I LOLed at the GIF of Josh throwing the ball at KC#57's head.)

A fair bit of thought and effort went into that.  Had a good laugh. 😀

There's more factual and well thought out Bills insight in that article than some of the recent 'serious' Bills  content I'm seeing (Allen will regress, Covid will be a big distraction for this team etc.)

This made me think...

"The Bills then rewarded Allen with $150 million in guaranteed money. Meanwhile, Diggs is currently the 19th-highest paid wideout in football. I’m sure this’ll cause no internal strife of any sort."

And this made me laugh...

"Cole Beasley actually made the NFL 100 this summer, which means that the NFL doesn’t have 100 good players in it." 

And...

"I harbor no such lingering affection for #BillsMafia, which is comprised exclusively of Stoolies, heavyset aunts wearing Tevas, and people determined to make the end of the Afghanistan war their new Benghazi.😂

The article was pretty absurd, but good for a few stupid laughs.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I usually like these but that was horrible. Allen is going to hand out meth at Halloween? Ryan leaf with better coaching? 

Yeah, this was Very Lame.

Your quarterback: Josh Allen, the country bumpkin who magically went from a busted Juggs machine to an MVP candidate the second Stefon Diggs came into town. The Bills then rewarded Allen with $150 million in guaranteed money. Meanwhile, Diggs is currently the 19th-highest paid wideout in football. I’m sure this’ll cause no internal strife of any sort.

You might think that Allen’s deal ensures stability at quarterback and that the Bills will win 12-plus games a year every year going forward. But lemme tell you something: No other quarterback in football screams Local Hayseed Wins Powerball And It Ruins His Life more than Josh Allen. Come Halloween, he’ll hand out little baggies of meth that he brewed out of his gold-plated bathtub. He’s Ryan Leaf with better coaching, and I still don’t think he’s vaccinated.

53 minutes ago, NI Bills Fan said:

A fair bit of thought and effort went into that.  Had a good laugh. 😀

There's more factual and well thought out Bills insight in that article than some of the recent 'serious' Bills  content I'm seeing (Allen will regress, Covid will be a big distraction for this team etc.)

I think you ought to raise your standards a tad.  And by "a tad", I mean "a gargantuan amount"

I thought it was low-effort and no-thought.

• Like (+1) 1