Why Your Team Sucks: 2021 Buffalo Bills

14 hours ago, FireChans said:

Magary sucks. Ever since his meltdown at Deadspin, and his gleeful take downs of anyone who has ever said something uncouth on the Internet, he isn’t funny anymore. Especially when he himself is a person with a checkered past at best.

I don’t wish cancelling on people as a general rule. But I’d be lying if I said a part of me would enjoy this guy going away and never coming back.

💯     I used to really enjoy his writing, but he's been insufferable for the past 5 years or so.  I generally can't stand anyone from the old Deadspin staff anymore.

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, this was Very Lame.

Your quarterback: Josh Allen, the country bumpkin who magically went from a busted Juggs machine to an MVP candidate the second Stefon Diggs came into town. The Bills then rewarded Allen with $150 million in guaranteed money. Meanwhile, Diggs is currently the 19th-highest paid wideout in football. I’m sure this’ll cause no internal strife of any sort.

You might think that Allen’s deal ensures stability at quarterback and that the Bills will win 12-plus games a year every year going forward. But lemme tell you something: No other quarterback in football screams Local Hayseed Wins Powerball And It Ruins His Life more than Josh Allen. Come Halloween, he’ll hand out little baggies of meth that he brewed out of his gold-plated bathtub. He’s Ryan Leaf with better coaching, and I still don’t think he’s vaccinated.

I think you ought to raise your standards a tad.  And by "a tad", I mean "a gargantuan amount"

I thought it was low-effort and no-thought.

I can see that angle too and appreciate where you're coming from.

I'm not suggesting, by any means, that this is high brow journalism and yes, some of it goes way over the top.  When read without taking it all seriously though, (as I think was intended) I thought there were a few laughs in there.

As far as the well thought out part goes... I just meant that the writer, who I'm assuming is not closely liked with the Bills, had a fairly good understanding of more than a few storylines and areas of discussion related to the team.  Especially compared to some outlets that have based the majority of their off-season commentary on a handful of Cole Beasley tweets and ran with it for clicks.

... or maybe this really is a wake up call for me and I just need to start paying for the Athletic! 😀

11 minutes ago, NI Bills Fan said:

I can see that angle too and appreciate where you're coming from.

I'm not suggesting, by any means, that this is high brow journalism and yes, some of it goes way over the top.  When read without taking it all seriously though, (as I think was intended) I thought there were a few laughs in there.

As far as the well thought out part goes... I just meant that the writer, who I'm assuming is not closely liked with the Bills, had a fairly good understanding of more than a few storylines and areas of discussion related to the team.  Especially compared to some outlets that have based the majority of their off-season commentary on a handful of Cole Beasley tweets and ran with it for clicks.

... or maybe this really is a wake up call for me and I just need to start paying for the Athletic! 😀

I think it might be another British sense of humour vs American sense of humour thing because I, like you, found it funny. Not the best one of these I have ever read but I definitely had multiple chuckles as I was going through. 

On the Athletic point... you should definitely subscribe. Its soccer and football coverage are both absolutely excellent. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think it might be another British sense of humour vs American sense of humour thing because I, like you, found it funny. Not the best one of these I have ever read but I definitely had multiple chuckles as I was going through. 

On the Athletic point... you should definitely subscribe. Its soccer and football coverage are both absolutely excellent. 

That thought did occur to me last night Gunner... not sure what that says for us!!

Yes I think I'll go for the Athletic, I've been putting it off for a while which is daft really given the amount of time I spend reading sports coverage ... might as well enjoy better quality content.