Week 1: Steelers at Bills

YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I know the natural response is to want to shut him up & prove you aren't scared, but I'd prefer Josh & the team just ignore it.

We definitely don't need our QB trying to prove he can bulldoze defenders. Rather have him upright as much as possible please :) 

He’s not trying to prove anything.  He’s trying to make plays and win games.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Sad that the games still not sold out, Bills must be trying to gouge on ticket prices

I saw this too. 

What makes you think the Bills are changing or gouging on ticket prices? They appear to be the same as they have been since they went on sale. Bills ticket prices are amongst the lowest in the NFL. 

I was thinking it was more likely Covid concerns and Canadians who can't make it across the border. 

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

I saw this too. 

What makes you think the Bills are changing or gouging on ticket prices? They appear to be the same as they have been since they went on sale. Bills ticket prices are amongst the lowest in the NFL. 

I was thinking it was more likely Covid concerns and Canadians who can't make it across the border. 

Yep.  Isn't it like 15% of Bills fans are from Ontario as far as ticket sales?

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Sad that the games still not sold out, Bills must be trying to gouge on ticket prices

Bills fans are cheaper than Ralph…, 

Go Bills!!!

16 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

haha— true. I was going to go, but tickets were like $300. But now they are like $150, and I’m still too cheap to pull the trigger. I have a mental block and feel like tickets shouldn’t be more than a $100. 

Looks like If you ever wanna see another game in person you’ll need to root for another playoff drought…. I’ll keep your seat warm until then. 

1 hour ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Isn't it only resale left available on ticketmaster?

No Bills been advertising a lot on facebook that there are still tickets

1 hour ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

I saw this too. 

Lot of complaints on facebook that the prices are high for this game, I think Bills went to a variable pricing system like the Sabres so the "prime games" are highest priced.

7 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

No Bills been advertising a lot on facebook that there are still tickets

Lot of complaints on facebook that the prices are high for this game, I think Bills went to a variable pricing system like the Sabres so the "prime games" are highest priced.

this is accurate. They did go to the tier system, and this is the most expensive game, along with the patriots game. 

And some think a 60k seat stadium isn’t enough.....  As for this opener, there’s still a lot of tix on vivid seats etc but these are all secondary market sites. They were priced high due to the opponent, Bills success last year etc but prices are coming down as kickoff time approaches. The market adjusts to the demand. 

52 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

haha— true. I was going to go, but tickets were like $300. But now they are like $150, and I’m still too cheap to pull the trigger. I have a mental block and feel like tickets shouldn’t be more than a $100. 

I think your mental block is not going to allow you to see NFL games in the future. That hundred dollar threshold is pretty much broken. Sad, as I have seen so many games for less than that.

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

And some think a 60k seat stadium isn’t enough.....  As for this opener, there’s still a lot of tix on vivid seats etc but these are all secondary market sites. They were priced high due to the opponent, Bills success last year etc but prices are coming down as kickoff time approaches. The market adjusts to the demand. 

You just can’t eliminate the factor of having the border closed. There are so many of us Canadians who would be there if we could get across the border. 60,000 is only good enough for when they raise those ticket prices. That will eliminate a lot of people. Unfortunately.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I think your mental block is not going to allow you to see NFL games in the future. That hundred dollar threshold is pretty much broken. Sad, as I have seen so many games for less than that.

You just can’t eliminate the factor of having the border closed. There are so many of us Canadians who would be there if we could get across the border. 60,000 is only good enough for when they raise those ticket prices. That will eliminate a lot of people. Unfortunately.

It’s certainly a factor as far as the available tickets go right now, but if anything the prices should be lower due to that surplus availability. Prices are coming down on the secondary market sites so it seems the prices were artificially high. Prices on Sat/Sun will more accurately reflect the true market. Who knows how long the border could be closed. It may be years from now at this point.