Bills cuts to get to 53 [final info in the OP]

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

This is true, but is Taiwan a gunner god? So much so that we can’t afford to take a few pegs down a notch to help support our need for more WR bodies considering how often we run 5 wide and McKittrick hurt? 

Gunner University this summer hosted by Gunner God Taiwan Jones. The who's who of gunners will be there, don't miss it

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Again, does not mean there isn’t someone else capable of good gunner play.  That’s the point.  Some of you have made this decision ONLY Taiwan is capable of it

Nobody has proved to the coaching staff that they are in the same league. If/when they do, I imagine Taiwan will be gone. So yes, at this point in time, I have to assme he is head and shoulders above some of the others being considered.

At I know how to tell time. It's past 4! Where's the 53 list?

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

He maybe the best gunner in the league, but what good is having the best gunner in the league when the few next steps down can accomplish something nearly as well? Especially considering how well Haack punts and holds opponents to fair catches inside the 20 and how little we punt the ball? 

The gunner's also play on kickoffs, kick returns, and punt returns fwiw.  

I'm just thrilled to have the Bills finally in a place where we are arguing whether to keep a ST Gunner vs 5th RB vs 7th WR, instead of trying to figure out a solution at QB, LT, DE, or any other starting position.

Work your magic, Beane.

GO BILLS!

• Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Again, does not mean there isn’t someone else capable of good gunner play.  That’s the point.  Some of you have made this decision ONLY Taiwan is capable of it

Nope. He is just demonstrably better than the alternatives. 

1 minute ago, The Dean said:

Nobody has proved to the coaching staff that they are in the same league. If/when they do, I imagine Taiwan will be gone. So yes, at this point in time, I have to assme he is head and shoulders above some of the others being considered.

This is a fair assessment. If this is the coaching staff decision, so be it. I guess that will just prove how valuable Taiwan is. 

Just now, The Dean said:

I felt trading Johnson made Jones a lock.  He played in the preseason as much as Allen did.

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Actually after the "ST only" players from last year have moved on (Andre Roberts and Bam Johnson) I can see Jones making the team.

BUT maybe they move on from him too.  It's 4pm lets find out!

Go Bills!

Except Bam Johnson (along with 66% of special teams snaps each year - also played 20% of defensive snaps.  He was more than ST only.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Well we don’t know that either.  Did you watch the gunners all preseason?  I mean we dominated the opponents in preseason, so how did the guys playing gunner look?

I didn’t pay attention to them much, but I also did not see any bad ST plays either.  And Taiwan didn’t play a snap in the preseason which tells me they were looking at other players because even Josh Allen played.  Taiwan is not more important than Allen, Hughes, Cole, etc who all played in the third game.

So now the question is, did someone show well enough in that role to fill his role…we will know soon enough.  

Edited by Alphadawg7