Training camp media and practice 8/17

YoloinOhio

34 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm in favor of being able to dink and dunk when and if you have to...always be able to win in different ways. 

Agreed. And I’ll add that there’s a world of difference between dinking and dunking and taking what the defense gives you. The latter facilitates taking what you want when the defense adjusts. And we’ve got the QB and surrounding personnel to do just that. Especially a trio of veteran receivers who can read a defense and adjust as well as anyone.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, K-9 said:

Agreed. And I’ll add that there’s a world of difference between dinking and dunking and taking what the defense gives you. The latter facilitates taking what you want when the defense adjusts. And we’ve got the QB and surrounding personnel to do just that. Especially a trio of veteran receivers who can read a defense and adjust as well as anyone.

Also I was more referring to facing the Chiefs the way they played us. For a team dropping into deep zones and mugging our receivers down field we should be dinking and dunking. Allen early in the game kept trying to make downfield throws that weren't there, while Beasley was sitting there open. I want him to have the mindset against the Chiefs that it's okay to just slowly move the chains. That's how the Chiefs beat us. They weren't hitting deep throws.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Also I was more referring to facing the Chiefs the way they played us. For a team dropping into deep zones and mugging our receivers down field we should be dinking and dunking. Allen early in the game kept trying to make downfield throws that weren't there, while Beasley was sitting there open. I want him to have the mindset against the Chiefs that it's okay to just slowly move the chains. That's how the Chiefs beat us. They weren't hitting deep throws.

A running game also would’ve really helped

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

This discussion about 14… are we worried that’s SD is really hurt? When might he return??

Maybe someone slipped something into my beer(s) tonight, but it occurred to me ‘what if we just protect Stefon until we need him?’

In individual games, and over the course of the season in general, is where my thoughts ran to…

I know he’s not a china doll, but does it make any sense in the football world to essentially keep him on ice until such time as we need him to help pull out an individual game? And at the end of the year when we need him to be not hobbled by an oblique something or other…

No one really knows when exactly the injury occurred, what it is, or the severity.  I say even the slightest twinge, just bubble wrap. He and josh and have plenty of time to practice in the 2 weeks leading up to the game. And when they did practice together earlier in TC, it was like they never left off. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Haha I have no idea how those reactions work. Is it negative ones too that count?

No only the positive 

And of the new ones added I think agree is nothing

Well 12 away as of 855pm 

You will hit the big 60 by tomorrow 

Yikes your old

😃

• Agree 1

If Josh can fix a weakness this year by solidifying his screens/swing passes/ and check down he just brought a new terror to DCs

by making them defend the entire field sideline to sideline all the way to the end zone.

Last thing to master is the deep ball.  Once that would happen Mahomes can suck swamp water.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ll be worried until he returns to practice. But he’s been out there every day, just not participating. So it’s not like he’s having to get treatment during practice,  and I’m assuming  if there’s no real necessity for him to practice or play in preseason, they can bubble wrap him and rest any minor injuries right now and he can return after the last preseason game with 2 weeks to get ready for week 1. 

In clips his body language also shows someone who is loose, upbeat and engaged, certainly not looking on the surface like he is favoring or worrying about it

Edited by stevewin

4 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Is that what actually happened, or what he was told to say by the team lol smells like cologne on rotten fish

Maybe listen to the interview where Dawkins outlined his entire situation quite clearly and answered every single question from the media. Then tell me if you think there are any conspiracy theories.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

9 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Admittedly I am nervous as hell about Diggs.

Me too.  I have him as a 5th round keeper and a $7 keeper in my fantasy leagues.  Maybe I should let him go to avoid any possible jinx 

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Agreed.  And if we open a game dinking and dunking but never missing a pass, OTHER defenses are going to get frustrated, too.  What happens when defenses get frustrated?  They start cheating and trying to jump routes.  So, if it is Beasley they are hitting and they jump it, Beasley turns up field and Josh hits him with that pass that wowed Sanders at the start of camp, and BAM...6 points.

• Simon unpinned this topic