Gameday Postgame Thread Bills 16 Lions 15

3 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Brown got beat pretty bad on a handful of plays, but hell if he's not 15 yards downfield at the end of every trying to smack someone

Yeah I agree, not perfect but he was tossing people around and nailing people downfield. He needs work but he’s going to be good. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Stevenson Needs to have a better understanding of the situation. Celebrated like he scored a touchdown on the long reception, then spins the ball after catching it for 1st down with less than a minute to go. Hopefully a vet pulls him aside tonight. 

He won the game.  Let him live man.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yeah, there ain't no coaching that.

I hope his feet catch up to his balls.

Looked an awful lot like technique issues. Seemed to be over-protecting the inside rush and wasn't smooth on the slide step. You can see him thinking about how to execute it the way he's been coached, bend the hips, stay low and centered, by which point the end has the edge on him and he has to turn and try to ride him past the QB, which sometimes he was able to and sometimes not.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Stevenson can run in straight line but there is lot more to playing a WR in NFL.

Agreed, but if he can get back into the return mix… who knows.  

As WR6, he’d really just be the take the top off guy going at some teams depth corner or a safety. 

Edited by SCBills

Just now, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Fromm was the man tonight.

Nice conversion on the 3rd and long to keep the the drive going for the win !

He was leading the QBs in sacks like a true leader.

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

Tommy Sweeney looked good too

True, I'd say the more interesting thing for Knox was I don't think they bothered to play him much.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

Looked an awful lot like technique issues. Seemed to be over-protecting the inside rush and wasn't smooth on the slide step. You can see him thinking about how to execute it the way he's been coached, bend the hips, stay low and centered, by which point the end has the edge on him and he has to turn and try to ride him past the QB, which sometimes he was able to and sometimes not.

He doesn't look remotely out of place for a guy out there for the first time, which makes me lean towards thinking you're right.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

QBs: Fromm doesn’t make the 53. Webb is a serviceable Qb2/3

RBs: Breida was fine, Motor good, Williams meh

WRs - no surprises.  Duke continues to be close to making plays

TEs - no surprises 

OL - Hart was horrible and Spencer Brown isn’t ready

K - Bass will make the pro bowl

P - nice to see punts with loft and landing inside the 20

KR/PR - serviceable but not Andre Roberts

DL - Basham wasn’t as good as advertised. Short yardage run stopping was very good.  Gregory is solid.  Harry looked good.

LBs - solid for backups

CBs - wildgoose wasnt good

S  - nothing notable/no surprises 

If Webb or Fromm are playing, it's trouble. But Webb can execute those Allen designed runs, as can Trubisky. If you're the disaster guy at least be able to run the same offense.

Hart looked like he bought a slot at a fantasy camp

Haack worries me, if I can notice he's a tick and half slow getting the punt off you know Belichick is licking his chops.

Smith was good at LB and Giles flashed a couple times, and missed bad a couple times.

• Disagree 1

I feel like Stevenson earned more time with that clutch play. He's got a long way to go, but that's the type of talent you keep around over an older backup WR, in my opinion. We can always use the speed. He may end up being another Robert Foster, but they should give him extra chances.

• Agree 5

That deep catch by Stevenson is how you catch the coach’s eye.  Huge play that won the game.  And kudos to Fromm for making the throw.  He didn’t have much of a chance on most of his drop backs because of how bad the pass blocking was.  
The 4th quarter defense was pretty bad.  Terrible tackling, bad coverage and penalties.  

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Agreed, but if he can get back into the return mix… who knows.  

As WR6, he’d really just be the take the top off guy going at some teams depth corner or a safety. 

Stevenson on kick return looked desive.  Mckenzie was pressing imo.  Looking for a homerun every time.  Powell brings nothing to offense imo so he is a non factor.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

He was leading the QBs in sacks like a true leader.

True, I'd say the more interesting thing for Knox was I don't think they bothered to play him much.

Did you see his line? Hart will be working at mighty taco by tuesday.

• Haha (+1) 3