Gameday Postgame Thread Bills 16 Lions 15

Just now, HappyDays said:

Stevenson was the only player in the 4th quarter that looked like he belongs on an NFL roster. I hope he is rewarded with 2nd string reps against Chicago. Since he was an actual draft pick I'd like to see what he can do.

Same, should definitely jump to number 2 returner as well.

Just now, pi2000 said:

I get it, but you're going to judge him on those plays?  If that's the case, call something dow field, let him stretch out his arm a bit.

He was already deep in the Lions territory (in long FG range) after the long downfield throw to Stevenson on 4th down.  They were purposely doing sideline passes to see if he could be accurate on late drives where you're just trying to improve the FG yardage.  Regular season with Josh in there they run because they don't need to evaluate the QB.  

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Waiting too long if you ask me.  Give him a plane ticket on a commercial flight and a meal ticket before he leaves the locker room.

Also I think Tasker is drunk.

I wasn't listening but a friend texted me the same thing.

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

He was already deep in the Lions territory (in long FG range) after the long downfield throw to Stevenson on 4th down.  They were purposely doing sideline passes to see if he could be accurate on late drives where you're just trying to improve the FG yardage.  Regular season with Josh in there they run because they don't need to evaluate the QB.  

Not buyin it.

I would've rather they played to the situation.   Use it to evaluate the interior of your line, the ability of the RB to protect the ball, etc etc

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

26 minutes ago, wjag said:

I don’t care that it was a preseason game. I want to win them all. There’s value in that 4th quarter game winning drive.

Normally I don’t care too much about winning in preseason.  You look at your new players and hope to find a few to add that will make you better.  You play your backups to make them better.   You play the starters just enough to get their timing and to knock off the rust.  

There was value in winning tonight. The fact that the 4Q drive adds to Bass’s development is important.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This guy really cracked the code. s/

That is just a terrible take - seems like the staff wanted to get some serious run blocking practice for the guys they had starting (mostly 2nd stringers) against Detroit’s starters.  They showed well.

Webb and Fromm - it was nice to see them actually throw a pass against another team.  That had not happened for either of them.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Same, should definitely jump to number 2 returner as well.

Supposedly in camp he has bobbled a few returns. Well tonight he looked very natural back there. Maybe he is the type to look better in games than in practice.

34 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Play of the game: Rousseau and AJ meeting in the middle for sandwich sack.

Screamed at my buddy, "That's our f***in' future!!"

He was not as enthusiastic as me...maybe b/c I woke up his wife.

What were you doing sleeping with his wife?

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

Not buyin it.

I would've rather they played to the situation.   Use it to evaluate the interior of your line, the ability of the RB to protect the ball, etc etc

The line was a bunch of bartenders. The main guy was Fromm.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Play of the game: Rousseau and AJ meeting in the middle for sandwich sack.

Screamed at my buddy, "That's our f***in' future!!"

He was not as enthusiastic as me...maybe b/c I woke up his wife.

No kids, no foul....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Uh no there is not.  There just isn't. There is zero value.  Almost all those guys will be on the street in 3 weeks.  The only value to the fourth round of a preseason game is the starters are not on the field to get hurt.  That's it.  

Uh no, you’re wrong, this is a team that expects to win every game,  even preseason games, it’s all about, player attitude, from the starters to the soon to be under employed. 

Go Bills!!!