Gameday Postgame Thread Bills 16 Lions 15

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Rousseau and Hamlin showing for the rookies.

Wildgoose isn’t gonna make the 53.  Basham played well into the 4th and looks to be inactive on gamedays to start the season - he needs a year of NFL coaching and conditioning.  Corner depth is a serious problem.  Spencer Brown was bad but it would be negligent to have Bobby Hart on the roster after paying Allen a quarter billion dollars - ask Cincy how that worked out for their investment.  

Fromm cannot play quarterback at this level.

I hope you’re not basing this on the Roughing penalty -cuz that was BS!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

Rousseau and Spencer Brown looked impressive. And massive!!!

Brown got beat pretty bad on a handful of plays, but hell if he's not 15 yards downfield at the end of every trying to smack someone

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Im not concerned about Boogies play in his first NFL game. But the tire he's carrying around his waist is a bit concerning. He doesn't look like a DE at all. 

He looked so slow getting off the ball.

I was excited to watch him tonight but left disappointed.

However, it’s his first career NFL game. We have the staff to hopefull coach the kid up.

Just now, Ralonzo said:

Brown got beat pretty bad on a handful of plays, but hell if he's not 15 yards downfield at the end of every trying to smack someone

Yeah, there ain't no coaching that.

I hope his feet catch up to his balls.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I was pretty impressed with Singletary tonight, he noticeably had a pop to him he didn’t have last year. Rousseau winning against top lineman talent in the league is an incredibly good sign going forward. Sweeney was fairly noticeable. Obada was impressive. Spencer is good. Matakevich and Hamlin popped. Stevenson looks fast. 

Breida and Basham were meh but not terrible. 

Griffin and Hart need cut asap. 

Haack is going to win us games this year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, Ralonzo said:

Bam Johnson helped himself tonight I thought. Got a couple of instant wins off the snap leading to serious pressue.

I freaking hate the idea of losing him to keep Addison.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, nkreed said:

Can we compare Stevenson to Mackenzie? Cause that's the place he would have to usurp. And the one chance Mackenzie had to catch this game he couldn't.

I like the idea of jet sweeps with him.

This right here.  

Losing Roberts is a big big deal and I'm not sure who the return guy is right now.  I consider it open competition.   

I know what we have in McKenzie.  He's a decent gadget player you wouldn't miss if gone.  

And he is not close to Cole Beasely despite the ridiculous arguments he could step in for him Iike no big deal. 

The question is what do we have with Stevenson and I'd like to see a lot more in these next 2 games.

Intriguing development here for sure - especially with Hodgins getting hurt.    

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

QBs: Fromm doesn’t make the 53. Webb is a serviceable Qb2/3

RBs: Breida was fine, Motor good, Williams meh

WRs - Duke continues to be close to making plays.  Stevenson impressed, but likely outside looking in.  

TEs - no surprises 

OL - Hart was horrible and Spencer Brown isn’t ready

K - Bass will make the pro bowl

P - nice to see punts with loft and landing inside the 20

KR/PR - serviceable but not Andre Roberts

DL - Basham wasn’t as good as advertised. Short yardage run stopping was very good.  Gregory is solid.  Harry looked good.

LBs - solid for backups

CBs - wildgoose wasnt good

S  - nothing notable/no surprises 

Edited by DasNootz