8:40 AM, Sean McDermott on GMFB

BillsMafi$

55 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Never mentioned the Zack Ertz trade to Buffalo :)

And he twists the knife.  Hehehe.🤣😂😅🤪

As far as Friday, I d like to see Breida, the Antonio Williams.  Then maybe Kumerow, McKenzie, all the TE’s as no one is special, and backups overall on defense and rooks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, eball said:

Apparently McD told GMFB that "some" of the starters will play Friday and some will not.

Music to my ears.

Starters like Knox, Singletary and Ford should be playing quite a bit IMO 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

If Rouseau is ahead of Boogie I will def be wrong about that one (happily)

And it sounds like they hit on Spencer Brown as well from something I was watching today (Buffalo plus podcast), to at least the point that they belong on the field.  With some more development and staying healthy have a strong sense they have a floor of above replacement level depth at worst.

Obviously super early still, but they’re holding their own against really good competition and can only get better. To get to a solid starter level I would think that means they would need to maintain being above replacement level when teams are game planning specifically to take advantage of your weaknesses and not become a liability.

With how raw both are, I’d be shocked if that was realistic to even dream about at this point, but Epenessa (sp?) came on as an argumently low level starter by the end of last year, and that was without a preseason so they might be making serious contributions by the end of the year (hopefully no need for Brown outside of the goal line though). 

17 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I think "process" was McDermott's first word as an infant.

12 hours ago, Limeaid said:

McDermott is a lot like Billicheat in interviews - he really provides little information, he deflected a question asked of him - the difference is he is friendly in interviews and acts like he is thrilled to be there rather than treating it as torture. 

The positive of that tone is when he does call a player or the whole team out (even in a passive aggressive way), they'll get the message.

5 hours ago, SWATeam said:

As in any preseason games?

that’s what I thought I heard 

definitely not against Detroit 

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021/8/11/22620018/buffalo-bills-qb-josh-allen-preseason-game-detroit-lions

The Bills plan on taking things “on an individual player basis,” per coach Sean McDermott. “Some starters won’t play including Josh Allen. Some will.” Fresh off a new six-year, $258 million contract extension, it’s no surprise the Bills don’t plan on unnecessarily risking their franchise quarterback early in the preseason.

When asked how the Bills might handle the other two preseason games in terms of starters playing, McDermott was non-committal.