Around the League Training Camp Thread

12 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Apologies if posted upthread, but it looks like Rosen is well on his way to washing out of yet another opportunity…

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/148828-49ers-rosen-taken-couple-steps-practice-according-shanahan/

He's on his way to washing out of the league.  So glad I was wrong and the Bills didn't take him.

• Shocked 1

8 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

But even if they go 5-12 

that is vast improvement from 2020.

so…Jets need to:

1.) Temper expectations in the era of Hyperbolic Fanaticism.

2.) Show improvement on the field

3.) control the message as to what “Improvement” is.  Is it going from 2-14 to 11-5?  No.  But is maybe scoring 350 points? Going from 2-14 to 6-11? Looking competent even in loses? 

yes those are all achievable and should be their goal.

Oh I agree but it’s the Jets they literally had no plan in place for this kid the first three weeks of the season he gets the hoodie, Vic Fangio, and Mike Vrabel it’s not a stretch to think he’s going to look really really bad 

8 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Hmmmm... Now what does this mean?

Heard the guys on NFL radio talking about this - just crazy.

It sounded mostly like a lack of communication and then both the Saints and Thomas trying to CYA.  

Depending on the version there was talk of Thomas having a surgery and it not working and there being conflicting data, but basically being told to get the surgery redone and he wanted to wait to see if things would work before the second surgery.

Then the delay pushed recovery into the season, but Thomas was not providing updates to the team - some reports basically said he stopped taking their calls all together - so there was anger and frustration on both parts.

Then the story broke and Thomas felt it was a hatchet job on his reputation and was purposely dropped by the team.  It certainly made Saints fan turn on him 100%.

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

NFL Total Access anchor says the Giants are looking for a Josh Allen-esque improvement from Daniel Jones...

The co-anchor just lol'd

I love how everyone says that now, but it's like... it's happened 1 time.. with Josh Allen. NOW though, expect everyone to have an improvement like that!

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

I love how everyone says that now, but it's like... it's happened 1 time.. with Josh Allen. NOW though, expect everyone to have an improvement like that!

We're extremely lucky that Allen did it.

If that's the standard they're setting for their QB, they're setting themselves up for disappointment.

On the flipside, that's like someone saying we're expecting a Tom Brady-esque career from Josh Allen. I'd lol at that too. It's an extreme outlier. 

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Listening to One of the National sport shows , Filliponi , at work Saturday, he spent the first hour of the show on this. “ Which QB will have a JA type jump in 2021?”

None! None QBs. 
   These are The good ol days.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I think it's less that and more that until enough time passes/somebody else does similar, it's going to be a thing people bring up with high picked QBs who haven't just lit things on fire their first year or two.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31997471/source-new-england-patriots-te-hunter-henry-expected-miss-multiple-weeks-shoulder-injury

Word is that they only expect Henry to be out a couple of weeks and that it's nothing serious. Hoodie could be playing this close to the vest though. 

New England Patriots tight end Hunter Henry is expected to miss "a couple of weeks" with a shoulder injury he suffered Sunday, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Cue the sound of the world's tiniest violins playing "My Heart Bleeds for You"

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is actually a (very well done) parody account but not sure if the first sentence might be accurate 

First sentence is correct. Wilson failed to complete a TD all day and closed on an INT.

Second sentence is hilarious, but made up by the parody account.

Great parody account, btw. Same one that tricked a lot of us regarding Kelvin Benjamin being cut for "stealing food".

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Even though we all laugh at this, though we probably shouldn't, how Jetsy of a scenario is this? :lol: A guy they are counting on to contribute at WR drops 20lbs in the offseason from getting some bad salmon at the local bodega. 

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

First sentence is correct. Wilson failed to complete a TD all day and closed on an INT.

Second sentence is hilarious, but made up by the parody account.

Great parody account, btw. Same one that tricked a lot of us regarding Kelvin Benjamin being cut for "stealing food".

The fact that he “covers” the jets and giants makes his tweets believable 😄

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

How the hell do you lose 20 lbs from food poisoning? Is that normal?

Is he just exaggerating or trying to cover something up?

Is he playing way over normal weight?

It's certainly possible. I'm scrawny by nature, but when I got e.coli a few years ago I lost about 12lbs in 3 days. The constant evacuation out of both ends will do that. Most of it is water weight, and ending up severely dehydrated.

When I was playing rugby, I was constantly lifting and bulking in order to get to a max of 180lbs. If I had been at that when getting food poisoning, I probably would have easily shed 20 pounds in a week.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's certainly possible. I'm scrawny by nature, but when I got e.coli a few years ago I lost about 12lbs in 3 days. The constant evacuation out of both ends will do that. Most of it is water weight, and ending up severely dehydrated.

When I was playing rugby, I was constantly lifting and bulking in order to get to a max of 180lbs. If I had been at that when getting food poisoning, I probably would have easily shed 20 pounds in a week.

That sucks.

I was thinking about MMA fighters too, burning a crazy amount of fat and water weight prior to weigh-ins.

6 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

.....Trey Smith.....

National media making the rounds through KC Camp.....all repeating the same thing.  Steal of the draft.

I propose the theory that anyone KC drafted would be "steal of the draft"

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

I propose the theory that anyone KC drafted would be "steal of the draft"

....when I say steal of the draft...I am not being a homer chearleader.  The guy is going to make the pro bowl as a rookie.....he was drafted in the 6th round, 3 picks before round 7 started.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

....when I say steal of the draft...I am not being a homer chearleader.  The guy is going to make the pro bowl as a rookie.....he was drafted in the 6th round, 3 picks before round 7 started.

Is he the RG? Chris Jones was raving about "the RG" (I guess he couldn't think of his name) in his recent interview on NFL Network.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Zerovoltz said:

Has he been fitted for his gold jacket yet?

Look, no one denies that Smith has talent. The reason he fell is because teams were wary of is history of blood clots. It's not news that he's a capable player. It will be news if he stays healthy and proves 31 other teams' (32 if you count KC waiting until round six to pick him) medical evaluators wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1