• Raintree Inn
    • La Nova
    • Gabriel's Gate
    • Nine-Eleven Tavern
    • The 33 Speakeasy Grill
    • Route78 Street Bar
    • Mr Goodbar

On 9/29/2021 at 3:16 PM, Buffalo Junction said:

Steams in the box with sauce and makes the wings soggy or rubbery. Work around is to order them with the sauce on the side, heat them in an air frier for a few minutes, then toss in the sauce and enjoy. 

I always crack open the lid when driving home on my wings, fries, onion rings. Keeps food from being soggy.

• Agree 2

• 5 weeks later...

Was planning on trying Nine Eleven this weekend but timing got thrown off a bit and the wait would have been too long so we went with Gabriel’s as plan B (also still very long wait but was staying around the corner so could head back to the hotel and have beers while waiting). 

First time I’ve had a bit of an “off” experience there. They were slammed so things were slow which is totally understandable. Service was good, wings were not as crispy as they always are. Guessing they were rushing a bit just because of how busy they were. Still good, just not what I’m used to there. Still need to try nine eleven sometime this year.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/26/2021 at 2:01 PM, 3rdand12 said:

I Live in Rochester area.

Country Sweet  had the biggest juiciest wings back in the Day. But the sauce was love it or leave it.  They had the required crisp. which is key !
 I know a place that has the best sauce great size but over priced and last time was not as crisp.
Little  Pizza Shop in town makes the most consistently cooked wings and has a fine pizza, So  go to for me.
These days I make my own more often than not. get the wings from local meat market. and cook fresh.
  keep sauce on the side , if at all.

Often just use dry seasoning with cayenne.
and yes, yes I do keep  Blue cheese nearby
 Rico I took notice of your comment

LOL

Responding after 6 mo…. but, for that country sweet crisp…. Toss those bad boys in corn starch and brush off all the excess before frying. Also…. The history between Boss sauce and Country sweet sauce is an entertaining read. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/1/2021 at 9:58 PM, Buffalo Junction said:

Responding after 6 mo…. but, for that country sweet crisp…. Toss those bad boys in corn starch and brush off all the excess before frying. Also…. The history between Boss sauce and Country sweet sauce is an entertaining read. 

Both offered huge juicy wings.

Size matters   :)

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Judy’s Lounge, Niagara Falls

Excellent addition. A great place and very underrated. Dunno I'd ever call them the "best" but pretty damn good, for sure.  They always had a wing and pitcher deal. I suppose they still do.

On 7/26/2021 at 9:34 AM, Virgil said:

Many fans are making their first time trip to Buffalo this year and the most consistent question I see is “where is the best place to get wings?”   

If you have a strong opinion on this, please state the restaurant and why.  I will update the poll with each restaurant named.  

Also, feel free to add in any “must go to” places, food or not. 

That’s because many “fans” became “fans” within the last year.

• Shocked 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just had Bar Bill - Medium Hot and Cajun Honey Butter BBQ, they were 7.5/10, solid wings.

Picked them up, piping hot right from the takeout counter and ate some in the car.

But I have to be honest, O’Neils right by the stadium on Abbott were cooked better as I tried them one day later.

And I gotta be more honest, I think Nicholos is my hometown are just as good as those two and they do something a bit different: they add some pizza sauce to the wing sauce. It makes the entire wing just coated in a thick layer of sauce. 

I am going to try Gabriel’s Gate wings next.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

On 11/5/2021 at 12:08 AM, Jay_Fixit said:

That’s because many “fans” became “fans” within the last year.

True that 

Maybe I'm spoiled.. but I hang out on the east side and west side with people who have been die hard Bills fans for 50 plus years

I don't know anything other than a die-hard Bills fan .. because I also spend my time here with other diehards from across the country

Fair weather doesn't exist in my mind.. but I know it absolutely has to exist but I'm in the epicenter in Buffalo

1 hour ago, Process said:

This is a wild sentence

The grammatical inconsistencies is literally giving me a seizure

Please pray for me right now because my head is about to explode

This far down no one is likely going to see this, but I will post anyways because of how I strongly I feel about these wings.

The Board is also going to think I am joking about this, but I am not.

For a small period of time, between 30-25 years ago, the best wings in Buffalo, the best wings I have ever had…were from Brookfield Country  Club. 

Can’t really describe them or explain them to do them justice, but they were unreal.

They don’t make them anymore and I think they were likely particular to the head chef.

The closest since…very different, but still close in my mind isn’t on this list, but should be.

Pony’s.

Don’t believe me?  Head out to Middleport and give them a try.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

i finally went to bar bill around a month ago, and was a little disappointed. 7/10. Went with medium hot. I always go with some variation of hot, no matter where I go. The flavor had something in it that just didn't sit well with me, or maybe it was the bleu cheese? They also weren't really crispy at all. 

I want my wings to be crispy, and I want them to have a flavor profile that reflects something similar to Franks and butter. I don't know what spices some of these places are throwing in them to make them "better" but I don't need them. 

fwiw, i think the sauce is easy enough to nail for most places. the biggest thing is what places cook them to the right crispiness every time. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.