It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

20 hours ago, Irv said:

Why is it that Democrats scream that "it's my body, my choice" when it comes to abortion but mandate vaccines?  Hypocrites. 

What

A

Mess

Why is it that Republicans say "it's my body, my choice" when it comes to mandating vaccines but think they should be able control what a woman does to her body when it comes to abortion.  Hypocrites.

You can see why these inconsistencies lead to so many political agnostics.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

When you can't win an argument or make a valid point, insult. 

Par for the course for you and your fellow sick and deranged leftist friends.  

Tell me, does it infuriate you to know how badly wrong you've been about all this now approaching year 3 of cowardly hysteria? 

But at least the "adults" making the decisions had childhoods.  

Year.  3.   But the end and return to some sort of kind of maybe sorta normalcy is so close!   Just need the cases to go down "a good amount."   

Hey did they peak yet?  Can we roll back the clips of Scumdancer calling those projections all wrong as he was rooting for the mandate free state to suffer and die....

They peak?  How can that be with maskless school in session!? 

Screenshot_20211014-005140_Chrome.jpg

Everything you wrote above regarding any prediction I made is a lie.

The usual, for you. 

And I insult you because you're a source of ridiculously bad information. You and Billstime are the same poster.  

45 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Why is it that Republicans say "it's my body, my choice" when it comes to mandating vaccines but think they should be able control what a woman does to her body when it comes to abortion.  Hypocrites.

There are pro-life Democrats, Pro-choice Republicans, and in that crazy Venn Diagram of life, Ds Rs and Is who are pro-choice to a point where the line crosses from a medical procedure to something barbaric. 

But really, in this case, seems there are a whole buncha Ds, Rs, and agnostics that don’t want the vax for any number of reasons.  

People are complicated. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

You think this is an own but it only serves to show your inability to ascertain a completely different philosophy in your political opponent. Not to mention the fact that there are thousands of politically left pro-life people in America. 

Political agnostics are stupid or naive or both. If you don’t know which side you’re on, your side has already been chosen for you. 

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

As stated prior, there is a second life in regards to abortion. To call it hypocrisy shows you are completely unable to even consider the anything but the most base viewpoint. 

On 7/20/2021 at 3:54 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

I would like to see some kind of vaccine passport immediately. I don't know why Biden hasn't done it. He is certainly not my hero. "Not Trump" =/= My Hero.

That's it? "Nope?"

I just gave you the case citation. "Nope" is not considered an argument. A contrary case citation would be an argument. Get to work ...

Here, let me help you on the passport idea:

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/jewish-badge-during-the-nazi-era

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

As stated prior, there is a second life in regards to abortion. To call it hypocrisy shows you are completely unable to even consider the anything but the most base viewpoint. 

In the case of mandating vaccines it could be multiple other lives saved.  It's a dumb counter argument.

5 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

There are pro-life Democrats, Pro-choice Republicans, and in that crazy Venn Diagram of life, Ds Rs and Is who are pro-choice to a point where the line crosses from a medical procedure to something barbaric. 

But really, in this case, seems there are a whole buncha Ds, Rs, and agnostics that don’t want the vax for any number of reasons.  

People are complicated. 

Agreed and it's why trying to shame people into taking it is a poor strategy.

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Agreed and it's why trying to shame people into taking it is a poor strategy.

Oh yeah?? Why don't you say that to my fa....

Wait, what? ***** Brown ya gotta give me something to be outraged over.  I was just nice to @Muppy and I'm over my quota.   What's next, I agree with @oldmanfan???

• Haha (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

A bunch of cells do not make a body.

With the vaccine not just a second body is involved but the bodies of everyone you are around each day.

How can you say a second body isn’t involved with the vaccine unless you live in a basement in your parents house and never come out to interact with society….. ohhh got ya man. 

THIS is the worst argument ever - “a bunch of cells do not make a body”. 

If this is the case, let’s find a pregnant woman with a bunch of cells in her that wants to go full term and have what we would believe is a human baby. 

As you say, if they are just a “bunch of cells” who knows what’s going to come out of her. 

With that said, I’ll put up a $100k to your $25k that she actually has a human baby. Crazy - right!?!?

(I sense that you won’t take me up on this offer though) 

Holy hell people - use your intellect and reasoning!

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Oh yeah?? Why don't you say that to my fa....

Wait, what? ***** Brown ya gotta give me something to be outraged over.  I was just nice to @Muppy and I'm over my quota.   What's next, I agree with @oldmanfan???

I'm directing all my outrage at the Covid Titans last year and their cavalier attitude towards it combined with the commentators saying how much the Titans had to overcome.  I'm hoping the Bills feel the same.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

With what some estimate as close to 50% of police potentially walking off the job this weekend what's the over/under on Chicago shootings and homicides?  I'll open it at 25 killings and 120 wounded.  And 20 to 1 the Mayor's office issues a statement on Monday blaming the Police for exercising their right to opt out.    

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

In the case of mandating vaccines it could be multiple other lives saved.  It's a dumb counter argument.

If you want to be safe from Covid don't go out. You pretend it is not a simple fix for those in fear. You literally can eliminate your Covid risk to just about zero. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

If you want to be safe from Covid don't go out. You pretend it is not a simple fix for those in fear. You literally can eliminate your Covid risk to just about zero. 

If you want to be safe from the jab don't go out. You pretend it is not a simple fix for those in fear of the jab You literally can eliminate your jab risk to just about zero. 

• Dislike 1

43 minutes ago, 716er said:

If you want to be safe from the jab don't go out. You pretend it is not a simple fix for those in fear of the jab You literally can eliminate your jab risk to just about zero. 

people out there just jabbing others?  i didnt know!

1 hour ago, 716er said:

Your not wrong but I was unaware that large numbers of people were trying to get the government to ban the shot. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I’m not interested in going into that debate. I just hate stupid comments like Irv made when comparing vaccine mandates to abortion as of it’s a gotcha point when you could easily flip the script.  Neither side is morally superior despite many thinking they are.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 716er said:

Hey 716er...what are your reasons for wanting vaccine mandates? What are you most afraid of?

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I’m not interested in going into that debate. I just hate stupid comments like Irv made when comparing vaccine mandates to abortion as of it’s a gotcha point when you could easily flip the script.  Neither side is morally superior despite many thinking they are.

Actually it would be hard to argue that the side that wants to protect a child is not morally superior to the side that wants to assure woman can kill the child for being an inconvenience. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Biden says private-sector COVID-19 vaccine mandate will take effect ‘soon’

https://nypost.com/2021/10/14/biden-private-sector-vaccine-mandate-to-be-in-effect-soon/

When the Federal Mandate is disguised as a "private sector" mandate.....

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Edited by Big Blitz

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Actually it would be hard to argue that the side that wants to protect a child is not morally superior to the side that wants to assure woman can kill the child for being an inconvenience. 

It would be hard to argue the side that believes vaccinations should be mandated because it will save lives are not morally superior to the side that wants to not get the shot because their arms will get sore.

I just hate combining the two issues to make a point.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/17-florida-school-district-workers-123600099.html

This article is misleading and then flat out lying. Of the 17, 5 never even showed up to school. Then the board member states there is no virtual option which is a lie. FLVS is likely the best virtual school in the country and is available to all children in the state. For a board member to not know would be pitiful,but is likely a lie.

11 hours ago, Bockeye said:

Ahh, Godwin's Law. And it only took 165 pages.

Really, this is the most trite, lazy response imaginable.

And it's not limited to the right wing. We also have these oh-so-clever "just like 1942 Germany." Funny, when I've traveled abroad I pretty much always have my passport on me, even when I'm in somewhere like the UK. But I guess they must be closet fascists.

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/31/547510929/show-me-your-papers-law-temporarily-blocked-by-federal-judge

https://www.mira-mo.org/show-me-your-papers-law

5 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Quaint, yes.

Model for the rest of Canada, much less for the rest of the world? Umm, not exactly.

https://www.mtlblog.com/quebec-was-voted-worst-canadian-province-for-handling-the-pandemic

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1739152451667

In most cities, there are an endless variety of polls touting “Best Double Decaf Latte Cold Brew!”, “Best Craft Brewery!” and “Best Late Night Taco!”.   This is one of those polls, albeit on a larger scale.  If we’re basing any model for the world on a vote some stoner casts at 3:30am after a day long bender, we probably should reevaluate our priorities.

The Canadian dollar is beautiful though.  I think they call it a krugerrand. 

• Like (+1) 1

Wanting forced vaccination on people, even though you, yourself, are vaccinated (and presumably, protected) follows a “Pathology of Fear”- which leads people to surrender their freedom, in favor of authoritarianism...

The numbers just aren’t there to justify mandates...

Just think about how many other issues we will have to start mandating for, if you follow the same logic as covid- the flu? Obesity? Driving automobiles? Flying in airplanes? Having swimming pools?

If the goal is to not have one loss of life, or any adverse conditions, as a result of the virus, where does this road lead to, if followed to its logical conclusion?

And that’s not a question that can be ignored either...when implementing policy, unintended consequences must always be considered- otherwise, the potential for societal distasteful increases exponentially...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

“Pathology of Fear”

The numbers just aren’t there to justify mandates...

Just think about how many other issues we will have to start mandating for, if you follow the same logic as covid- the flu? Obesity? Driving automobiles? Flying in airplanes? Having swimming pools?

If the goal is to not have one loss of life, or any adverse conditions, as a result of the virus, where does this road lead to, if followed to its logical conclusion?

And that’s not a question that can be ignored either...when implementing policy, unintended consequences must always be considered- otherwise, the potential for societal distasteful increases exponentially...

The Chinese have a very patient, long-term approach...and they figured out some of the buttons to push to up-end the fragile American minds of the 21st century.

In a way, you can imagine they were just waiting for the advent of phones & social media to spring their trap...

I will go back to late Feb, 2020, when my colleague who is a Fin News channel on-air contributor (CNBC and the like) and thus probably viewed as a thought leader overseas, was receiving tens of videos from Chinese users showing videos of people just walking and falling over dead on the streets in China.  

Of course, we now know that's not at all what occurs with this disease.  Begs the question, WHY was that happening?  I'd submit to sow fear and create and accelerate/accentuate the societal reaction.  It actually led us to misdiagnose and mistreat patients in the first several months, as people who's blood-oxygen levels dropped temporarily were placed on ventilators which only made things worse and ultimately killed thousands of people.  (Remember the rush to find Ventilators?  wrong move).  And now it's led to the change in leadership they'd wanted, one that will hamstring Western Democracies and ultimately lead to their demise.

And the genius part...the story-line will be that those Western Democracies failed BECAUSE they lacked the autocratic philosophies, tendencies and systems that persist in China!  An important salving internal message for China's own oppressed people.

Over 22 months, close to 6,000,000 Americans have died, as always happens every 22 months.   Some 650,000 of them died with this virus, apparently.  I would say China's won this one.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Ahh, Godwin's Law. And it only took 165 pages.

Really, this is the most trite, lazy response imaginable.

And it's not limited to the right wing. We also have these oh-so-clever "just like 1942 Germany." Funny, when I've traveled abroad I pretty much always have my passport on me, even when I'm in somewhere like the UK. But I guess they must be closet fascists.

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/31/547510929/show-me-your-papers-law-temporarily-blocked-by-federal-judge

https://www.mira-mo.org/show-me-your-papers-law

Horrible correlation. A passport if you don’t know indicates who you are and what country you’re from. 

Singling out unvaccinated is an entirely new level. Unvaccinated are already being shamed, coerced, threatened and more. Has that happened with your passport?  I think not. 

Come on man, use your intellect!

7 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

The Chinese have a very patient, long-term approach...and they figured out some of the buttons to push to up-end the fragile American minds of the 21st century.

In a way, you can imagine they were just waiting for the advent of phones & social media to spring their trap...

I will go back to late Feb, 2020, when my colleague who is a Fin News channel on-air contributor (CNBC and the like) and thus probably viewed as a thought leader overseas, was receiving tens of videos from Chinese users showing videos of people just walking and falling over dead on the streets in China.  

Of course, we now know that's not at all what occurs with this disease.  Begs the question, WHY was that happening?  I'd submit to sow fear and create and accelerate/accentuate the societal reaction.  It actually led us to misdiagnose and mistreat patients in the first several months, as people who's blood-oxygen levels dropped temporarily were placed on ventilators which only made things worse and ultimately killed thousands of people.  (Remember the rush to find Ventilators?  wrong move).  And now it's led to the change in leadership they'd wanted, one that will hamstring Western Democracies and ultimately lead to their demise.

And the genius part...the story-line will be that those Western Democracies failed BECAUSE they lacked the autocratic philosophies, tendencies and systems that persist in China!  An important salving internal message for China's own oppressed people.

Over 22 months, close to 6,000,000 Americans have died, as always happens every 22 months.   Some 650,000 of them died with this virus, apparently.  I would say China's won this one.

Good stuff...👍

Some could say this is psychological warfare to bring about a particular outcome from the population...I have no doubt that this is why doctors and hospitals receive extra federal funding for covid patients even if they are only presumed to have covid (fact checked as TRUE by USA Today)...likely incentive to increase numbers to justify the authoritarian policies you describe imo...🤔

Because of this, being able to question authority is so important, while censorship is used by authority to maintain their power and control over the population...non-compliance, in certain circumstances, becomes a sort of protest, and is used for much bigger reasons than just the virus, vaccine, and mandates imo...

Vaccines are great, but we are fighting for the right choose our life, liberty and pursuit of happiness...we actually had MORE freedom before the vaccine...think about that for a moment...crazy...