It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

18 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I’m not interested in going into that debate. I just hate stupid comments like Irv made when comparing vaccine mandates to abortion as of it’s a gotcha point when you could easily flip the script.  Neither side is morally superior despite many thinking they are.

Actually, there is a morally superior side to this.  One says they don't want to do something and it's about 99% that whoever gets the spread will not die from it.  The other side of the story is 100% death.  Which one is morally superior?  

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

Actually, there is a morally superior side to this.  One says they don't want to do something and it's about 99% that whoever gets the spread will not die from it.  The other side of the story is 100% death.  Which one is morally superior?  

Turkey Sandwiches 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Turkey Sandwiches 

Avoiding the question, expected and pathetic. You know the answer though. There is no moral equivalence. One is simply a choice that really doesn’t affect anyone else in any significant way, the other is pure evil and pure death.

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Mandate free and in school masklees.  Impossible 

West Berlin:

Screenshot_20211015-095936_Chrome.jpg

But as soon as you go through that Brandenburg Gate to East Berlin, I hear it's a different story. It's kind of like the Twilight Zone, where you suddenly find yourself in 1989 being watched by snipers if you ever try to return.

11 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

9 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

Avoiding the question, expected and pathetic. You know the answer though. There is no moral equivalence. One is simply a choice that really doesn’t affect anyone else in any significant way, the other is pure evil and pure death.

I didn't answer in a serious way because you already made up your mind.

President CDC everyone!

Masks forever!  They will always be.

No better way to instill and maintain the fear, thus control.

Masks and vaccines are a must this holiday season, CDC says

(CNN)Get your holiday themed masks and porch heaters ready.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Masks and outdoor gatherings will still be the best way to make holiday gatherings safe this year, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday in new guidance.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/15/health/cdc-guidelines-for-the-holidays-wellness/index.html

Edited by Big Blitz

Demented Biden continues to botch the pandemic.  Is there anything he has not botched?  Dude is like Charlie Brown.  Perrenial loser.  How long before his supply chain botch impacts booster shots?  Nice job  #EmptyShelvesJoe. 

What

A

Mess

14 minutes ago, BillStime said:

No different.

Zero.

The fact that you feel protecting children who can not protect themselves is the same as people who are adults and can protect themselves shows that your opinion is not worth listening to.

• Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, BillStime said:

No different.

Zero.

Oh?

Is this not the first time we are experimenting with an mRNA vaccine?

In addition, I can say, for myself, that my views on things have changed several times over the course of my lifetime...

So, when you say there is no difference, I tend to disagree with that...

But I do recognize your point about how he had different beliefs before...👍

Edited by JaCrispy

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Oh?

Is this not the first time we are experimenting with an mRNA vaccine?

In addition, I can say, for myself, that my views on things have changed several times over the course of my lifetime...

So, when you say there is no difference, I tend to disagree with that...

So, tell us the history of mRNA...

Just now, BillStime said:

There is no history...this is the first time we are using this type of vaccine...we do not know the full extent of side effects, or how the human body will respond to it down the road...it’s experimental...

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

I’VE SEEN THE LOCKDOWNS AND THE DAMAGE DOWN: 

Deaths from tuberculosis rose in 2020, for the first time in a decade, the W.H.O. says.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/14/health/tuberculosis-deaths-covid.html

Thankfully if it spreads, we have a vacc…never mind you’d probably say no one has to take it. 

I’m all for bringing back polio and the big hit smallpox. Let’s do this anti vaccine thing right! It’s a choice baby. 

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

There is no history...this is the first time we are using this type of vaccine...we do not know the full extent of side effects, or how the human body will respond to it down the road...it’s experimental...

True but mRNA is NOT new.

At the end of the day, I trust my doctor.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Thankfully if it spreads, we have a vacc…never mind you’d probably say no one has to take it. 

I’m all for bringing back polio and the big hit smallpox. Let’s do this anti vaccine thing right! It’s a choice baby. 

Just shows your absolute ignorance. 

Polio and smallpox are not leaky vaccines, mRNA are. Period end of statement.  No one can refute

Get the vax and you can:
still spread it

still get covid

still die from it. 

Here’s another good article for you to read (pre-bull#### scientific studies to coherce everyone to get vaccine). This is why some doctors are yelling that our approach is wrong. 

http://epidemics.psu.edu/articles/view/leaky-vaccines-promote-the-transmission-of-more-virulent-virus

Do some research or just go get your booster. 

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

BillStime, I know this isn't for you, but at least you'll probably read it rather than parroting silliness like "experimental vaccine" --

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02483-w

As far back as 1978, scientists had used fatty membrane structures called liposomes to transport mRNA into mouse3 and human4 cells to induce protein expression. The liposomes packaged and protected the mRNA and then fused with cell membranes to deliver the genetic material into cells. These experiments themselves built on years of work with liposomes and with mRNA; both were discovered in the 1960s

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bockeye said:

Polio and smallpox are not leaky vaccines, mRNA are. Period end of statement.  No one can refute

Get the vax and you can:
still spread it

still get covid

still die from it. 

Here’s another good article for you to read (pre-bull#### scientific studies to coherce everyone to get vaccine). This is why some doctors are yelling that our approach is wrong. 

http://epidemics.psu.edu/articles/view/leaky-vaccines-promote-the-transmission-of-more-virulent-virus

Polio vax was only 90% effective. Why did it work at almost 100% rate? 

Nearly everyone got it.

Edited by Sundancer

8 hours ago, Bockeye said:

Get the vax and you can:
still spread it

still get covid

still die from it. 

Congratulations.  This article is an argument for mandated vaccination of your entire population.  Did you mean it that way or are you just ignorant?

Polio mutates faster than HIV or Covid, yet the vaccine is far more durable.  Why is that? 

Keep in mind Sinopharm and Sinovac mimic the polio vaccine approach yet are much less successful than the mRNA vaccines.

Democrats hate women.  

Veteran reporter Allison Williams has decided to leave ESPN rather than comply with the network's mandate that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19.

Williams announced last month that for the first time in 15 years, she would not be on the sidelines during ESPN's college football broadcasts because she had declined the vaccine. (The network made vaccinations mandatory for staffers at live events at the beginning of August, then expanded it to all employees this month.)

Then on Friday, she posted a five-minute video on Instagram to explain her decision, saying she is "so morally and ethically not aligned with this" as she and her husband are looking to have another child.

Williams cited anecdotal evidence of women having health issues after getting the vaccine as one of the reasons she is choosing not to follow the company mandate.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/media/2021/10/17/allison-williams-leaving-espn-over-mandatory-vaccination-policy/8498841002/

Rightfully fearful that the novel vaccine could impact her cycle, fertility, and pregnancy.........nope.   

Take the shot or you're fired.  

10 hours ago, Bockeye said:

Even assuming for the sake of argument that this is true .... then why not get the J&J vaccine?

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Williams cited anecdotal evidence of women having health issues after getting the vaccine as one of the reasons she is choosing not to follow the company mandate.

Ahh, the old favorite: "anectodal evidence." In other words, not evidence at all.

4 hours ago, Irv said:

Demented Biden continues to botch the pandemic.  Firing healthcare workers when they are needed most.  Great idea.  What an idiot.

What

A

Mess

Why wouldn't they be fired? Their employer is setting a working standard within their organization. If the employer states "drug free workplace" and you come in stoned out of your mind, you'd expect not to get fired? This is no different.

If your employee states that you can't wear a hat to work and by doing so you may risk termination....go ahead and wear the hat, you're gonna get canned.

Deal with it and move on, boomer. 

5 minutes ago, Plano said:

Why wouldn't they be fired? Their employer is setting a working standard within their organization. If the employer states "drug free workplace" and you come in stoned out of your mind, you'd expect not to get fired? This is no different.

If your employee states that you can't wear a hat to work and by doing so you may risk termination....go ahead and wear the hat, you're gonna get canned.

You must be a millenial- having not enough workers  healthcare it is a major issue and liberals are not making things better. Putting an  National Guard soldier in place is dumb.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/new-york-may-tap-national-guard-replace-unvaccinated-healthcare-workers-2021-09-26/

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You must be a millenial- having not enough workers  healthcare it is a major issue and liberals are not making things better. Putting an  National Guard soldier in place is dumb.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/new-york-may-tap-national-guard-replace-unvaccinated-healthcare-workers-2021-09-26/

Ah yes, Reuters. The pinnacle of journalism. 

The whole "Liberal, Republican" thing is pathetic. The two party system is busted and to think that we had to choose between the ***** sandwich of "Biden and Trump" goes to show how stupid it really is. 

The whole system needs reform. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Plano said:

The whole "Liberal, Republican" thing is pathetic. The two party system is busted and to think that we had to choose between the ***** sandwich of "Biden and Trump" goes to show how stupid it really is. 

Wow.  I actually agree with you.  

1 hour ago, Plano said:

What if your employer tells you that you have to have an abortion?

10 minutes ago, Irv said:

What if your employer tells you that you have to have an abortion?

Ouch! What a devastating retort. 🙄 

A vaccine mandate for health care workers (and I mean those

actually physically present with patients, not someone doing medical billing from home) is like requiring restaurant workers to wash their hands after taking a dump. The consequences of not washing your hands/getting a vaccine don’t just fall on the worker; they fall on the customer too. 
Since when did all these so-called conservatives start arguing that employers don’t have the right to decide who they want working for them? If I owned a restaurant and let the non-hand washer (“I read on the internet that washing your hands too often selects for the survival of Dial soap resistant strains, so I rely on natural immunity”) stay on the job, I’d be sued as soon as the first customer gets e-coli. 
(I almost expect that someone will respond: but what if you were trying to make me wipe my butt with an experimental and unproven anti-bacterial toilet

paper? That’s how absurd the anti-Vaxxers are getting)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Plano said:

Interesting spin..."Liberal, Republican" = pathetic after labelling another poster a "Boomer". 

The bigger problem imo is that we really have a one party system, where folks argue about wanting more, then vote for a  candidate who was a caricature of our broken system when he had all his marbles, which was two election cycles ago.  

When you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got.  

19 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Ouch! What a devastating retort. 🙄 

A vaccine mandate for health care workers (and I mean those

actually physically present with patients, not someone doing medical billing from home) is like requiring restaurant workers to wash their hands after taking a dump. The consequences of not washing your hands/getting a vaccine don’t just fall on the worker; they fall on the customer too. 
Since when did all these so-called conservatives start arguing that employers don’t have the right to decide who they want working for them? If I owned a restaurant and let the non-hand washer (“I read on the internet that washing your hands too often selects for the survival of Dial soap resistant strains, so I rely on natural immunity”) stay on the job, I’d be sued as soon as the first customer gets e-coli. 
(I almost expect that someone will respond: but what if you were trying to make me wipe my butt with an experimental and unproven anti-bacterial toilet

paper? That’s how absurd the anti-Vaxxers are getting)

ive had e.coli.  worst pain of my life.