EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

2 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I thought this was an interesting article.  The 2M per month is a drop in the bucket.

The 49ers have already generated more than $1 billion in revenue from Levi's Stadium

This was back in 2014 before the stadium even opened.

"Each of those nearly 70,000 season-ticket holders will pay a seat license fee ranging from $2,000 to $80,000 - which generated $530 million in revenue, according to the paper. On top of that, the Niners will rake in more than $100 million in ticket sales (prices range from $850 to $3,750) annually."

https://footballscoop.com/news/the-49ers-have-already-generated-more-than-1-billion-in-revenue-from-levi-s-stadium

While it's a drop in the bucket, the 25M per year is revenue for the city that paid for a portion of the stadium.

This is the highest lease fee in the NFL for a publicly owned stadium.

The Vikings pay 8.5M per year plus 3% interest each year.

If the Bills stadium is going to be publicly funded, I'd hope the lease fee falls somewhere between the two.

42 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/19/business/sports-arena-development.html

There is other data that says it does. IMO this is related to trends and a lot of factors come into play. I feel Buffalo is a place where a downtown Stadium would work.

Depends also very much on the downtown and the infrastructure around it.  

The only problem I have with a downtown stadium is that it’ll affect the tailgating. Part of the experience at OP is the tailgating. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The Niagara falls themselves are an attraction.. Niagara falls New York the city is not .. city has a ton of problems, with a lot of reasons why they will never go there

Comparing the Canadian side of the falls to Niagara falls New York, is like comparing Beverly hills to Compton 

They will never spend billions there on a football stadium

La Hacienda tho 🔥

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

There's been studies done that show that new downtown stadiums have no economic impact on the city , compared to the cost 

https://econreview.berkeley.edu/the-economics-of-sports-stadiums-does-public-financing-of-sports-stadiums-create-local-economic-growth-or-just-help-billionaires-improve-their-profit-margin/

Berkeley probably did the biggest study on it, but they all show that there's basically no economic impact 

Buffalo is an art deco , Victorian, Gothic style blue collar rust belt City.. last thing it needs is a billion dollar Palace downtown

Whats the economic impact of losing the Bills.  Honestly, the Pegulas have a perfect storm.  The Bills are really good.  The stadium situation is limited the home primetime slate.  Will they pay something sure.  Wont be less than half.  Wont get half not going hard from the start.  

16 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

at 1.5 billion dollars, wouldn't that make it the most expensive stadium in the NFL?   

Nope. I'm pretty sure SoFi blew everyone out of water. Like, comically so. 1.5 would be closer to the average for the recent new ones.

Edit: 

SoFi - 5.5 bil

Allegiant (Raiders) - 1.9 bil

Edited by LeGOATski

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Nope. I'm pretty sure SoFi blew everyone out of water. Like, comically so. 1.5 would be closer to the average for the recent new ones.

Absolutely. Rumors abound but the final cost of SoFi was reportedly somewhere around $5.5 billion. 🤯

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Edit: 

SoFi - 5.5 bil

Allegiant (Raiders) - 1.9 bil

That's an awful lot of money for very few fans.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Absolutely. Rumors abound but the final cost of SoFi was reportedly somewhere around $5.5 billion. 🤯

Probably an inflated total but even if it is 3.5 billion that still blows out the next closest stadium by 1.6 billion. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Agreed when it comes to Buffalo.  Put it in Niagara Falls with some nice hotels and with the Canada side, you have a venue that could land a super bowl and compete for a lot of high level events.  
Every new stadium built in the last 15 years came with the promise of a super bowl.  That should be the barometer on whether a new stadium is worth throwing tax dollars at.  If NFL won’t commit to hosting super bowl there, don’t put taxpayer money into it.  

I love this idea 

11 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think it would be absolutely STUPID that we can not have some kind of retractable roof stadium for normal games its open and for other events and SB its closed. Makes no sense what so ever. what was the last stadium that was built for open air only?

It doesn't matter what other stadiums do. We're building a football stadium 

Not a multi-convention center.. we're here to watch football 

If it wasn't for the greedy owners they'd just leave the Ralph.. it has the best sight lines in the NFL and you're there to watch football

Buffalo doesn't need a palace it needs a place to host a football event

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

The most I'm taking away from this at this point is that it's likely the stadium cost will be relatively low compared to the increasing costs of building a stadium. Below average.

I think they may be planning to order from IKEA. Some fan assembly required. 

• Haha (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It doesn't matter what other stadiums do. We're building a football stadium 

Not a multi-convention center.. we're here to watch football 

If it wasn't for the greedy owners they'd just leave the Ralph.. it has the best sight lines in the NFL and you're there to watch football

Buffalo doesn't need a palace it needs a place to host a football event

There are definitely deficiencies to be fixed at the new Rich Stadium. Sight lines were always very good at the original but there’s no arguing that they cut costs elsewhere, such as bench seats, gravel parking lots, scoreboard quality, concourse, food quality, and restroom space. Wouldn’t it be great if the new stadium retained the best things, and greatly improved upon the worst things? Oh wait…that’s what a talented design firm is hired to do. Let’s see if they do.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think they may be planning to order from IKEA. Some fan assembly required. 

the little guy in the manual illustrations always looks so happy when assembling the designed-in-Sweden, made-in-China furniture.

People are going nuts over this stadium crap. When it's all said and done,  the Bills will still be in Buffalo and NY taxpayers will contribute whatever is reasonable.  We've been paying for the Mets, Yankees,  and part of Met Life Giants/Jets stadiums in WNY for awhile.  Nobody batted an eye....... now everyone wants complain?

Our tax dollars are paying for a stadium in New Jersey. Let that sink in. 

• Thank you (+1) 1