EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

17 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

Living Suites that have a stadium view would be amazing. Could be a way to offset the concern that normal game day suites would be hard to sell out because the lack of companies (at least that's I've heard many times when talking about a new stadium)

The biggest thing would be a way for people to go in/out that doesn't interfere with the stadium/team operations (can't see the team practicing (or whatever) before a game). Maybe some type of retractable wall/cover that prevents the suite from seeing the field when its being used by the team other then the actual game.

or how's about an RV ring around the field where da guyz can park dare RV's between da playerz benches and da standz?  😂

16 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I always liked the idea of re purposing the old Train station. That Art Deco facade, is pretty cool. I don't know what shape the track infrastructure is like these days, but I can imagine a 'Buffalo Bills Express' train bringing fans from across the state, right up to the Stadium.

This. Now I'm going to disappointed in anything they end up building.

3 hours ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

As long as we own the building after its done and the money we make off of it goes towards the surrounding suburbs and buffalo instead of to NYC ....(which is where the money will likely go)....im fine with funding a stadium for our team.

I'm afraid thats not how it works.

The local citizens approve a tax hike to help pay for the stadium and every penny the stadium makes including concessions and even parking go straight to Pegula's pocket.

The same thing happened in Atlanta.  The Falcons were playing in the the Georgia Dome which was a 20 year old stadium in good shape.  The Falcons were leasing the stadium from the Georgia World Congress center, so all profits from Falcons games went to the GWC center.

Arthur Blank (owner) asked for a new stadium and to have tax payers pay a portion for it.  The tax hike was approved and once the Mercedes Benz Dome was built, all Revenue (every penny) went straight to Blank. 

That is the real reason billionaires want new stadiums.  Its not that they can't be renovated, its because the owners want all the money from the stadium going to them instead of the local city/county governments.

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm

2 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

The local citizens approve a tax hike to help pay for the stadium and every penny the stadium makes including concessions and even parking go straight to Pegula's pocket.

The same thing happened in Atlanta.  The Falcons were playing in the the Georgia Dome which was a 20 year old stadium in good shape.  The Falcons were leasing the stadium from the Georgia World Congress center, so all profits from Falcons games went to the GWC center.

Arthur Blank (owner) asked for a new stadium and to have tax payers pay a portion for it.  The tax hike was approved and once the Mercedes Benz Dome was built, all Revenue (every penny) went straight to Blank. 

That is the real reason billionaires want new stadiums.  Its not that they can't be renovated, it because the owners want all the money from the stadium going to them instead of the local city/county governments.

I think you're talking about two different scenarios here, owning vs leasing, either of which could still be negotiated at this stage. In fact, the initial rumors sound like a leasing scenario where the Pegulas don't own the stadium. That's why they're pushing for a high percentage of public funding, as I understand it.

11 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

That is the real reason billionaires want new stadiums.  Its not that they can't be renovated, its because the owners want all the money from the stadium going to them instead of the local city/county governments.

The city of Santa Clara created the Santa Clara Stadium Authority to construct and own the 49ers stadium. 

It is publicly owned. https://www.santaclaraca.gov/our-city/santa-clara-stadium-authority/leases-and-agreements

The 9ers pay over 2M per month in rent to the Stadium Authority, and are locked in a 40 year lease at 25M per year. 

Spending a billion for an Orchard Park replacement is absurd.  Put it Niagara Falls and you’d get a Super Bowl and compete for anything that Detroit and Minneapolis get in their stadiums.  If we’re talking a billion dollars and public funding, building something new in Orchard Park is a complete waste of money.  Let Pegula and NFL pay for new stadium in Orchard Park. 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Spending a billion for an Orchard Park replacement is absurd.  Put it Niagara Falls and you’d get a Super Bowl and compete for anything that Detroit and Minneapolis get in their stadiums.  If we’re talking a billion dollars and public funding, building something new in Orchard Park is a complete waste of money.  Let Pegula and NFL pay for new stadium in Orchard Park. 

Niagara falls NY is not much of a city either. And I can't see them wanting to host the super bowl there

A billion dollar stadium in that City doesn't make sense either

Rebuild it as cheaply and efficiently as you can in orchard Park

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Niagara falls NY is not much of a city either. And I can't see them wanting to host the super bowl there

A billion dollar stadium in that City doesn't make sense either

Rebuild it as cheaply and efficiently as you can in orchard Park

It’s not about Niagara Falls being much of a city, it’s that it’s a destination. The Canadian side is already Super Bowl caliber in terms of hotels and attractions.  You spend $1billion on the American side and you’re talking about a world class destination and that stadium would have high profile events year round.  
Put it in Orchard Park and it’s the same thing as current stadium except higher prices for people who were already attending the 10 Bills games per year.  

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

I no longer live in WNY but the economics of the whole thing would point to a new stadium being constructed as inexpensively as possible. They already put a bandaid on Rich Stadium a few years ago. It bought them some time as did the lost season of Covid but the clock is ticking again. So….there’s really only one viable option: build the new stadium, outdoors in Orchard Park (I’m guessing akin to Pittsburgh’s stadium), taking advantage of the existing infrastructure and don’t look back.