EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

There are definitely deficiencies to be fixed at the new Rich Stadium. Sight lines were always very good at the original but there’s no arguing that they cut costs elsewhere, such as bench seats, gravel parking lots, scoreboard quality, concourse, food quality, and restroom space. Wouldn’t it be great if the new stadium retained the best things, and greatly improved upon the worst things? Oh wait…that’s what a talented design firm is hired to do. Let’s see if they do.

Of course... but People who want a fancy dome or multi-use facility are just daydreaming 

This is Buffalo.. a blue collar rust belt City.. we're going to get a new stadium.. but it's going to reflect that 

So I would be ready for open air, at the cheapest site.. which is op

Edited by Buffalo716

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Of course... but People who want a fancy dome or multi-use facility are just daydreaming 

This is Buffalo.. a blue collar rust belt City.. we're going to get a new stadium.. but it's going to reflect that 

So I would be ready for open air, at the cheapest site.. which is op

A big motivation for the NFL has to be improving the broadcast.

8 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

People are going nuts over this stadium crap. When it's all said and done,  the Bills will still be in Buffalo and NY taxpayers will contribute whatever is reasonable.  We've been paying for the Mets, Yankees,  and part of Met Life Giants/Jets stadiums in WNY for awhile.  Nobody batted an eye....... now everyone wants complain?

Our tax dollars are paying for a stadium in New Jersey. Let that sink in. 

MetLife got zero public money but your point still stands.  This is a once in a century opportunity for Western NY.  Between all the infrastructure money that will be looking for a home and NFL owners applying pressure for new stadium, the region could be beneficiary of a game changing investment. 

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

A big motivation for the NFL has to be improving the broadcast.

You could build a better press box at the new stadium

Just cuz other new stadiums have domes or retractable roofs doesn't mean we need to go that way...

It's a game with over 100 years of tradition, it's a game for the elements..  it's a blue collar, rugged fan base that embraces the elements..

The City of Buffalo and WNY absolutely embrace that blue collar, put in work, play under the elements type... Buffalo doesn't scream shelter me from the snow with a dome

27 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You could build a better press box at the new stadium

Just cuz other new stadiums have domes or retractable roofs doesn't mean we need to go that way...

It's a game with over 100 years of tradition, it's a game for the elements..  it's a blue collar, rugged fan base that embraces the elements..

The City of Buffalo and WNY absolutely embrace that blue collar, put in work, play under the elements type... Buffalo doesn't scream shelter me from the snow with a dome

And that would allow them to the kind of camera work they do at these new stadiums?

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

And that would allow them to the kind of camera work they do at these new stadiums?

I believe that Monday night and Sunday night football Crews biggest complaints was the press box 

When they're building a new stadium I believe they can accommodate that yes

Edited by Buffalo716

59 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

People are going nuts over this stadium crap. When it's all said and done,  the Bills will still be in Buffalo and NY taxpayers will contribute whatever is reasonable.  We've been paying for the Mets, Yankees,  and part of Met Life Giants/Jets stadiums in WNY for awhile.  Nobody batted an eye....... now everyone wants complain?

Did NY really pay for part of Giants stadium? Or are being a smart aleck?

• Like (+1) 1

I left Buffalo for my career in 1989 so I assume a lot has changed, but I would think putting a stadium downtown would definitely drive up the cost.  And even if they planned it perfectly I would suspect traffic on game day would be brutal.  I was visiting Baltimore several years back and was downtown when the Ravens and the Orioles were playing on the same day and the whole traffic grid there was a solid seething mass of car horns.  We were lucky that we were walking.

I think that if they have to build a new stadium then open air in OP makes the most sense because the area has for the most part adjusted to having the stadium there and the cost would be a lot lower.

Hopefully all the chatter around this issue will die down enough so that it doesn't become a distraction during the season.  

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

That's right, but re imagining the Train Station, would (presumably) have the track infrastructure to drop fans off, at the doorstep.

Niagara Falls, could be a Gem, instead of a blight. It could be, again, but it would need much more, than a $1 billion stadium.

In order for it to be fixed Niagara Falls would need to declare war on the US and after the war the US would rebuild it like it did Germany, Japan and Korea.

Nothing else would be enough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

What are you even talking about? do you know what your talking about? I doubt it.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2016/oct/05/nfl-stadium-cost-comparison-raiders/

17 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

What are you even talking about? do you know what your talking about? I doubt it.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2016/oct/05/nfl-stadium-cost-comparison-raiders/

If anyone really thinks the bills are leaving then you guys are delusional. Bills aren’t going anywhere, it’s gonna come down to being 50/50. This is the same bull#### Ralph pulled with Seattle. It’s bad poker face move.

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

If anyone really thinks the bills are leaving then you guys are delusional. Bills aren’t going anywhere, it’s gonna come down to being 50/50. This is the same bull#### Ralph pulled with Seattle. It’s bad poker face move.

I agree, why are you quoting me on this though?

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I don’t think they’ll leave, but Oakland, San Diego, and even St. Louis played hardball over funding the stadium and they left. Our situation is different luckily. But when you’re talking big money nothing is a given. 

2 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

Ummmm isn’t MetLife fully funded by the Jets and Giants? Pretty sure they built that with zero cost to tax payers. I don’t know about maintenance or upkeep or whatever as far as tax dollars but the stadium was fully privately funded. 

A stadium and deal similar to the Vikings stadium is what I was hoping for in Orchard Park - $1.1B dome with the translucent roof, 45% (public) /55% (owner) split).  Plus, it's just an awesome looking stadium.

AP_16262822361818_t653.jpg?214bc4f9d9bd7

2c0d2b-20160828-vikes01.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

9 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t think they’ll leave, but Oakland, San Diego, and even St. Louis played hardball over funding the stadium and they left. Our situation is different luckily. But when you’re talking big money nothing is a given. 

Ummmm isn’t MetLife fully funded by the Jets and Giants? Pretty sure they built that with zero cost to tax payers. I don’t know about maintenance or upkeep or whatever as far as tax dollars but the stadium was fully privately funded. 

To be fair the Rams were garbage in St. Louis post Warner. And it had been linked for quite a while that Kronke wanted out of St. Louis so it didn’t really matter if they were going to build a new stadium, he was a goner anyways. San Diego couldn’t sell out there stadium as the fans wouldn’t show up which is the same case for them in LA and Oakland is completely broke to the point where the A’s are leaving for Vegas as well. Pegula owns the Sabres, no matter what money is involved they’re staying. I guarantee Kelly, Thurman, Smith, Talley and Tasker will all have something to say about this. Pegula is trying to pull a Ralph Wilson but unlike Wilson, Pegulas Negotiation tactics are among the worst. Hence the Austin Texas destination

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

37 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

A stadium and deal similar to the Vikings stadium is what I was hoping for in Orchard Park - $1.1B dome with the translucent roof, 45% (public) /55% (owner) split).  Plus, it's just an awesome looking stadium.

That would look so odd in the middle of nowhere in OP. 

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I think that type of "dome" (it is roofed stadium not a dome) is acceptable.

Cost is less than a dome since it uses much lighter panels.

It would also give opportunity for some Arizona Cardinal like grass plots but they would also need a greenhouse for the panels.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Even he knows the Austin threat is bull#### lol

But some fans don't but some enjoy being mad.