Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

3 minutes ago, Precision said:

Hundreds of migrants dying in the desert is cruel.

The other Death Valley: hundreds of migrants are dying in remote Texas deserts

Fifty migrants dying in a truck is cruel.

3 men in custody after deaths of 51 people found in San Antonio truck

5,000 migrants being bussed to a city of 18 million people is an inconvenience.      

What was Trumps plan again and why didn’t it work?

38 minutes ago, Precision said:

Hundreds of migrants dying in the desert is cruel.

The other Death Valley: hundreds of migrants are dying in remote Texas deserts

Fifty migrants dying in a truck is cruel.

3 men in custody after deaths of 51 people found in San Antonio truck

5,000 migrants being bussed to a city of 18 million people is an inconvenience.      

Inconvenience??  Tell that to the people that have just been shipped to a city where they likely have no job, no contacts, very little money and they don't speak the language.  They are being used as a political football and it sucks big time.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

These people are the Kings of Stupid Slogans! 

I have two neighbors who proudly display this sign on their lawns. 

When some of my professional scientific colleagues are over for a BBQ or the like I make sure that we discuss science within earshot these neighbors if they're there.  Just so they know that science is indeed real.

HOW IT STARTED:

“We are a city that is a sanctuary city. We have immigrants from all over the world who call Chicago their home. They’ll continue to do that, and we’re going to continue to make sure that this is truly a welcoming community for those immigrants and we want them to come to the city of Chicago.”

—“Chicago Mayor-elect Lori Lightfoot Says Immigrants ‘Welcome’ Despite Donald Trump’s Remarks on Sanctuary Cities,” Newsweek, April 13th, 2019.

How it’s going: Texas sends buses of migrants to Chicago for first time, dropped off at train station.

—Fox News, tonight.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-sends-buses-migrants-arrive-chicago-first-time-dropped-train-station

Sanctuary Cities Seethe as Illegal Immigrants Actually Arrive.

https://www.newsweek.com/sanctuary-cities-seethe-illegal-immigrants-actually-arrive-opinion-1734120

And here we go! Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot blasts migrant buses from Texas as ‘racist.’

Chicago’s progressive mayor insists she welcomes being the latest Democratic destination for busloads of border crossers, as she accused Texas Gov. Greg Abbott of being “racist” and the Trump administration of “human cruelty.”

Does she know who the current president is?

https://nationlogy.com/chicago-mayor-lori-lightfoot-blasts-migrant-buses-from-texas-as-racist/

43 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

It was racist to deny "undocumented migrants" into your city before it was racist to send "undocumented migrants" to your self proclaimed sanctuary city.

Never change leftists.

And its OK to overwhelm the resources of border cities but not larger cities. 

Abysmal policy leads to deaths.

Biden's Border Blues: 53 Migrants Swept away in Rio Grande, 9 Drown

9cc64527-3ebf-4b5c-b7bd-3724a04b7c5f-860

President Joe Biden has been spending his energies lately excoriating anyone who disagrees with him, but he’s spent little time doing his actual job–which includes managing the border crisis.

On Thursday, tragedy struck again as 53 migrants attempting to cross the border illegally were swept away in the waters of the Rio Grande, with nine of them drowning. Seven more are unaccounted for. The sad death toll includes a 13-year-old and 14-year-old from Guatemala and two 16-year-olds from Mexico.

https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2022/09/03/bidens-border-blues-53-migrants-swept-away-in-rio-grande-9-drown-n622276

On 9/3/2022 at 6:47 PM, B-Man said:

Abysmal policy leads to deaths.

Biden's Border Blues: 53 Migrants Swept away in Rio Grande, 9 Drown

9cc64527-3ebf-4b5c-b7bd-3724a04b7c5f-860

President Joe Biden has been spending his energies lately excoriating anyone who disagrees with him, but he’s spent little time doing his actual job–which includes managing the border crisis.

On Thursday, tragedy struck again as 53 migrants attempting to cross the border illegally were swept away in the waters of the Rio Grande, with nine of them drowning. Seven more are unaccounted for. The sad death toll includes a 13-year-old and 14-year-old from Guatemala and two 16-year-olds from Mexico.

https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2022/09/03/bidens-border-blues-53-migrants-swept-away-in-rio-grande-9-drown-n622276

Politician Testimony GIF by GIPHY News

31 minutes ago, Doc said:

I bet they wish they were in cages, awaiting deportation...

The good news, to the extent there is any, is that some lardy unemployed MAGAts now can take those cash jobs cleaning houses and picking crops that the illegals who didn't make it to the United States otherwise would have filled.  Time for MAGA to hop to, put down the cigs, guns, and jack, tell the creditors to stop calling, park the pickup truck they neither need nor can afford, and pick some strawberries in the blazing sun for sub-minimum wage so they can stop complaining about all of those poachy Mexicans looking to work for a better life. 

39 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

The good news, to the extent there is any, is that some lardy unemployed MAGAts now can take those cash jobs cleaning houses and picking crops that the illegals who didn't make it to the United States otherwise would have filled.  Time for MAGA to hop to, put down the cigs, guns, and jack, tell the creditors to stop calling, park the pickup truck they neither need nor can afford, and pick some strawberries in the blazing sun for sub-minimum wage so they can stop complaining about all of those poachy Mexicans looking to work for a better life. 

Ah, so as long as you get cheaper house cleaners and fruits and veggies, it's OK if we fish illegals out of rivers or pick them off the desert.  Meanwhile some get sold into sex/slavery, drugs pour over our border and we have to provide aid to those who can't live on just house cleaning and produce picking alone.  Awesome!

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Doc said:

Ah, so as long as you get cheaper house cleaners and fruits and veggies, it's OK if we fish illegals out of rivers or pick them off the desert.  Meanwhile some get sold into sex/slavery, drugs pour over our border and we have to provide aid to those who can't live on just house cleaning and produce picking alone.  Awesome!

Hoax.  I want MAGA to get to work.  I’m tired of supporting them.  

On 9/10/2022 at 1:03 PM, Chef Jim said:

I completely disagree with this childish act of bussing migrants but the "we don't see it so it doesn't exist" mentality is laughable. 

Can’t agree here. Nothing childish about it. These places declare themselves “ sanctuary cities” and grandstand about it. Well, here ya freakin’ go then … enjoy! 

35 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Can’t agree here. Nothing childish about it. These places declare themselves “ sanctuary cities” and grandstand about it. Well, here ya freakin’ go then … enjoy! 

Seriously??  Let me preface this with I hate the sanctuary city ***** but it’s a sanctuary for those that come on their own accord.  Not shipped by a politician who is using them to make a political point.  Conservatives care more about people than that. 😡

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Seriously??  Let me preface this with I hate the sanctuary city ***** but it’s a sanctuary for those that come on their own accord.  Not shipped by a politician who is using them to make a political point.  Conservatives care more about people than that. 😡

Yes, seriously . I’ll agree to disagree here. The point needs to be made : the border policy of this administration is a disaster. 

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yes, seriously . I’ll agree to disagree here. The point needs to be made : the border policy of this administration is a disaster. 

It absolutely is a disaster. So let’s use those migrants to make our point. To make our political opponents look bad.  No!  To me this is incredibly wrong.   What if any of those migrants had family in TX they were going to start a new life with?  Now they are in Chicago, NY and DC where they likely know no one.  This is NOT how you effect change.  I hope you never know anyone used as a political pawn in this manner. 

24 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It absolutely is a disaster. So let’s use those migrants to make our point. To make our political opponents look bad.  No!  To me this is incredibly wrong.   What if any of those migrants had family in TX they were going to start a new life with?  Now they are in Chicago, NY and DC where they likely know no one.  This is NOT how you effect change.  I hope you never know anyone used as a political pawn in this manner. 

Then go back.  You're certainly not going to effect change by letting illegals in and then shipping them where they want to go.  That just will make them come even more.

And if they're "seeking asylum from their war-torn countries," anywhere in the US should be fine. 

Edited by Doc

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

WTF dude.  Yeah just turn your asses around and walk the 2,000 back.  🙄

That’s Billy Boy level of closed mindedness. 

No it's not.  Ask the millions of people who came here legally how they feel about it.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

No it's not.  Ask the millions of people who came here legally how they feel about it.

I would imagine they would be pissed that migrants were being used as political pawns. If they had any compassion which you appear to be lacking “doctor”.  This has nothing to do with the migrants legal status and everything to do with how they are being treated.  

I’ll ask you a question. If they are here illegally, which they are, wouldn’t it be more prudent to bus them back to their home county vs deeper into ours? If you’re truly against illegal immigration why are you ok with them being allowed to stay?  Whether in a sanctuary city or not?  

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I would imagine they would be pissed that migrants were being used as political pawns. If they had any compassion which you appear to be lacking “doctor”.  This has nothing to do with the migrants legal status and everything to do with how they are being treated.  

I’ll ask you a question. If they are here illegally, which they are, wouldn’t it be more prudent to bus them back to their home county vs deeper into ours? If you’re truly against illegal immigration why are you ok with them being allowed to stay?  Whether in a sanctuary city or not?  

so a state is getting overrun with illegal immigrants with minimal federal support. that state has the burden to use the its own resources and tax dollars to take on boarder security measures because its so out of control. if a fleet of buses (a very small number in comparison) are such huge problem to those advocating it that dems are forced to publically show their hipocracy on the issue. imagine what boarder states are really contending with here.

bussing them back home is not going to alleviate the problem. pretty sure thats been going on a massive scale and overrun as well. compassion is not going to pay or provide manpower or resources that is needed to get this crisis under control. compassion is not interested in fixing this issue at all right now. its very strange where you are placing the lack of it on.

is it compassionate to completly ignore the pleading from texas gov for federal help for over two years now? when the stories of the increased victimization of women and children at the boarder are ignored. when the statistics on fentanyl smuggling explosion that is killing american children at unprecidented numbers are given? any compassion for the american families dealing with loss? when confronted with a truck full of illegals that were left to die in the worst way possable. this is mistreatment far beyond what you are referring and yet...nothing. no emergency policy changes. no major media attention focusing on the issue. STILL no scheduled visits to see the issue for themselves. just a continuation of virtue signaling  from dems on "sanctuary" as long as they can make them from a distance. just recommending policies like ending (title 42) the lies about boarder patrol whips to slander to demonize security, remove policies that had it controlled simply because of political hatred ect.ect.ect.

so what should be done? seriously, what options are left on the table at this point? because compassion is sorely lacking for the people in charge to stop this where it all starts? delivering immigrants to the liberals doorsteps seems less like a lack of empathy and more one of desperation. to clearly show what happens when dems have no other choice but confront the problem? suddenly they are speaking publicly about facing the same problems boarder states have been ignored on since day one of this administration. crazy how that works out.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Chef, I’ve got to side with Texas here. I don’t believe Texas has the authority to bus people back to their home country. Their only recourse is to bus them deeper into the United States. I honestly don’t see the problem. I’ve seen no reports that they’re being treated inhumanely and I highly doubt that the immigrants care where they end up so long as there’s work for them when they get to their final destination…just as immigrants have done for centuries here in the New World. If a side benefit is that the rest of the country wakes up to a uniquely border state problem, so be it. The Biden Administration is telling the rest of America that there isn’t a problem. Texas is demonstrating that there certainly is, and nobody is harmed in the process.

• Like (+1) 2

I just think its epic seeing these "Sanctuary" mayors not taking emergency actions and saying that the illegal immigrants are eating resources they dont have. IE, the same argument the southern states have been saying for ever. While those "sanctuary" cities called that narrative racist.

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, aristocrat said:

idiots

I bet when she takes a dump the only way she may know that she hasn't wiped is when she smells the fragrance of S**T but then asks where it is coming from to say the border is secure when this is the first time in history to have 2 million + crossing it is just total ignorants or BS which she can't smell !! 

But i bet Tibs & BT are standing behind her off camera with pom poms saying hail to the assistant chief we are so screwed with this kind of stupidity running the country .

I will throw her a bone there could be a better way to process LEGAL immigrants or quite possibly those brought here as children illegally that are now assimilated into the US & are tax paying business owners & such to stay rather than just throwing them out due to their parents breaking the law .

I've read stories of people like that that have been deported while having a successful business & lawfully paying their taxes that have a number of employees down the same but when found to be brought here as a child illegally the gov't immediately deports them that in a lot of ways just makes no sense to place that blame on those folks but that's just me .

They can pass a bunch of stupid laws but they have to stay strong on this type of thing which in some ways i just don't understand !!   

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Chef, I’ve got to side with Texas here. I don’t believe Texas has the authority to bus people back to their home country. Their only recourse is to bus them deeper into the United States. I honestly don’t see the problem. I’ve seen no reports that they’re being treated inhumanely and I highly doubt that the immigrants care where they end up so long as there’s work for them when they get to their final destination…just as immigrants have done for centuries here in the New World. If a side benefit is that the rest of the country wakes up to a uniquely border state problem, so be it. The Biden Administration is telling the rest of America that there isn’t a problem. Texas is demonstrating that there certainly is, and nobody is harmed in the process.

That's their only recourse?  Use migrants as pawns?  Real deep thinkers these TX and AZ leaders are. Instead of figuring out HOW to work with the Feds on the problem they are shipping migrants to other cities?  "Not my problem anymore.  You deal with them!"   And your comment that the migrants don't care where they end up?  Yeah fugg em right.  My grandfather entered this country illegally from Italy via Canada in the 20's to work in his brother's restaurant in Batavia.  Had the state of NY said "we don't want you.  Here hop on this bus and good luck!"  Now I want you to think about his for a bit.  How my grandfather's brother would have felt watching his brother being shipped to who knows where.  How my grandfather may have felt.  You think he may have had some fear?  

And here I thought conservatives were the compassionate ones.   I guess I was wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

That's their only recourse?  Use migrants as pawns?  Real deep thinkers these TX and AZ leaders are. Instead of figuring out HOW to work with the Feds on the problem they are shipping migrants to other cities?  "Not my problem anymore.  You deal with them!"   And your comment that the migrants don't care where they end up?  Yeah fugg em right.  My grandfather entered this country illegally from Italy via Canada in the 20's to work in his brother's restaurant in Batavia.  Had the state of NY said "we don't want you.  Here hop on this bus and good luck!"  Now I want you to think about his for a bit.  How my grandfather's brother would have felt watching his brother being shipped to who knows where.  How my grandfather may have felt.  You think he may have had some fear?  

And here I thought conservatives were the compassionate ones.   I guess I was wrong. 

Does anyone see any evidence that the Federal government has any desire to negotiate a mutually agreeable solution with the border States rather than pursue a unilateral objective of letting anyone and everyone that requests "asylum" to come into the county, get processed, and disappear? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Does anyone see any evidence that the Federal government has any desire to negotiate a mutually agreeable solution with the border States rather than pursue a unilateral objective of letting anyone and everyone that requests "asylum" to come into the county, get processed, and disappear? 

Does anyone have evidence that the border states have exhausted all possibilities of working with the Feds or are they just playing childish political games?  Because if there is I'll change my stance.  But until then.........

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Chef….with much respect…my grandparents came here legally from Italy. My maternal grandmother and her daughter, my mother, could NOT enter the United States until my grandfather could prove he had a job and could support them, so they stayed in Italy for two years!! And that same grandfather couldn’t just hang around wherever he entered. In case a geography lesson is needed, Buffalo is NOT anywhere near Ellis Island.

Nobody is being used as a “pawn” here. If you came here to work, the assumption is you’re going to go where there’s work. And to think that the federal government is going to help Texas is laughable! This is not an act of OMISSION by the Biden Administration. This is a blatant act of COMMISSION. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Chef….with much respect…my grandparents came here legally from Italy. My maternal grandmother and her daughter, my mother, could NOT enter the United States until my grandfather could prove he had a job and could support them, so they stayed in Italy for two years!! And that same grandfather couldn’t just hang around wherever he entered. In case a geography lesson is needed, Buffalo is NOT anywhere near Ellis Island.

Nobody is being used as a “pawn” here. If you came here to work, the assumption is you’re going to go where there’s work. And to think that the federal government is going to help Texas is laughable! This is not an act of OMISSION by the Biden Administration. This is a blatant act of COMMISSION. 

How can they not be a pawn??

Let me ask you was his done to make a political statement?  Yes or no?