What Team Do FA's Not Want to Go To ?

T master

It use to be said that Buffalo was a place that none of the FA's wanted to go and we all can remember all the reasons why but but most all of the reasons except maybe the weather excuse has changed & now the Bills look pretty dam good to a lot of FA's but some say they still don't want to be here and some of the youngsters would rather be in a party town .

Which if you don't want to be a Buffalo Bill SEE YAH HAVE A NICE LIFE !! Or as Panco Billa might say ADIOS AMIGO 😜...

I was wondering which team is now the worst looking destination for a FA ? Which city or franchise do you think these players tell their Agent's

"I don't want to go here" !

I know money has a lot to do with the decision and could change a some players minds if they get a boat load of cash or as they say generational money .

But some no matter what don't want to go to some teams no matter the cash and i wonder which team you might think that would be .

My choice is Detroit they have been bad for a long time despite having Stafford which i have always thought was a above average QB but their handling of Megatron and other reasons makes me think that is the one place that there either has to be a boat load of cash or like AP was a last resort to play his career out .

So what do you think ? 

• Like (+1) 1

Could be Detroit or likely still Cincy. While they appear to have their QB, until they prove it on the field as was the case here in Buffalo, FA's will still be hesitant to go there.   Bears may also be close, while a large city with lots to do, other than that not much to show.  Bad weather, high taxes, and team for the most parts has been rowing in circles for years.  A couple times they get back close to shore only to drift back to the middle of the lake by the following year or two.   Could argue the Mario Williams signing is like their K Mack. (admittedly that one was a trade so a bit different)

Now that the Bills have a decent management, coaching staff, and are winning, I believe players are more inclined to consider playing in Buffalo. But, in my opinion, we will still have an uphill battle against warm weather low tax state teams.

Detroit would be my #1 for this list as well, followed closely by Cincy. Houston's FO upheaval probably scares off some guys for this year. I would've put Cleveland on this list during the drought years for many many years to go along with Buffalo, but that's changed along the same timeline with us, imho. Funny what getting a great QB (or in Cleveland's case, at least successfully hyped that way?) will do for you in this regard.  

I'd offer Green Bay isn't a top tier destination for FA.  Weather aside, it's the cult of Aaron Rodgers there and they never seem to be big spenders since Rodgers alone accounts for nearly 21% of their available cap space.   

The Bengals haven't won a playoff game since 1990 and only offer terrible weather, terrible uniforms, terrible track record in drafting and a miserly owner.  To the plus side, Joe Burrow may right the ship there, the stadium is pretty nice and it appears they've done some good work on the new uniforms.  

FAs will almost always go to the most money, so a crap team will get guys if they pay up. 

58 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Detroit would be my #1 for this list as well, followed closely by Cincy. Houston's FO upheaval probably scares off some guys for this year. I would've put Cleveland on this list during the drought years for many many years to go along with Buffalo, but that's changed along the same timeline with us, imho. Funny what getting a great QB (or in Cleveland's case, at least successfully hyped that way?) will do for you in this regard.  

Heck, I don't even want to fly over Detroit.

• Haha (+1) 1

The Jets have swung and missed on basically every top OL FA over the last 2 seasons even though they had plenty of $$$. They did get Lawson, Jarrad Davis, and Corey Davis (whom I personally just see as an average WR) so they got more this year than last. But unless Saleh gets them headed in the right direction this year, then I expect them to have trouble again next offseason. If JuJu goes there it's still a big meh for me outside of Lawson. 

Off the top of my head, I would say Detroit, Cincy, and Houston.  Jax has been a bad team, but has the #1 overall pick, a new coach, no state taxes, decent climate, etc. so they might be considered more than in the recent past.  Buffalo certainly was on that list for many years, but with the current regime, great team culture, state of the art facilities, and recent success, it has become a more attractive destination.